Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I have my doubts about Rafa but I still think he will get us out of this and keep us up, I think we'll beat Cardiff at home and then go on a little run after the City and Spurs games.

Him being sacked or leaving now would be 100% nailed on relegation.

What are your doubts?

It's well documented on here people are sick of hearing it, mistakes regarding man management, tactics, selections, signings.

Signings :lol:

I have my doubts about Rafa but I still think he will get us out of this and keep us up, I think we'll beat Cardiff at home and then go on a little run after the City and Spurs games.

What are your doubts?

It's well documented on here people are sick of hearing it, mistakes regarding man management, tactics, selections, signings.

Basically Murphy should be better than salah. Muto should be better than Pogba.

What are your doubts?

Aye, that's what I said, this guy gets it. :lol:

What are your doubts?

Nah not saying you did, but the usual argument is that people think Rafa could have got better players than Murphy and muto for the money, but nobody can name names, or acknowledge that other teams are spending double that on subs.

What are your doubts?

Rafa has always played 1 up top with a mixture behind that at most clubs he’s been at.

Man management? Mitro reference? he has an ethic of work in training , Mitro chose not to....other references to man management where he’s got it wrong feel free to point it out.

Selection ?  Every time a team looks shit to us mere mortals it proves to be the right choice.He tends to always get it right.

Signings, if you have a penny to spend the product will be shit.

O0

What are your doubts?

Nah not saying you did, but the usual argument is that people think Rafa could have got better players than Murphy and muto for the money, but nobody can name names, or acknowledge that other teams are spending double that on subs.

I understand that, but hes working for Mike Ashley, he must have had an inkling that his funds could be limited, so why spend the bulk of the money on two players he doesn't give a chance or trust, that's my issue, why shop for a "one for the future" Murphy when the money could have been better spent on more experience or a player ready for now.

You're right I cant name players, that's not my job, Rafa and his team are the ones with connections all around the globe, I'm pretty sure thats 24 million that could have had a bit more thought put into it.

What are your doubts?

I understand that, but hes working for Mike Ashley, he must have had an inkling that his funds could be limited, so why spend the bulk of the money on two players he doesn't give a chance or trust, that's my issue, why shop for a "one for the future" Murphy when the money could have been better spent on more experience or a player ready for now.

You're right I cant name players, that's not my job, Rafa and his team are the ones with connections all around the globe, I'm pretty sure thats 24 million that could have had a bit more thought put into it.

It seems to be the communication and deal making channels are critically flawed and given the choice of signing the bottom of the list and nothing he chooses to get at least a player instead. Rafa has little to no control bar asking for players so how he is culpable for signings I don’t know. The alternative is no one at all.

He definitely has a blind spot when it comes to wingers and full backs, but not in a million years would he be allowed to spend £24 million on a single player or even splitting it between two players.

All managers make mistakes in the transfer market, the problem with Newcastle is Ashley is hoping all bargain bucket signings can turn into another Cabaye or Dubravka.

I love this argument by the way:

"Rafa should be sacked"

"Rafa should have got better players with the money he had"

"Who should we replace him with?"

"Who should he have got that is better for the money?"

"We'll that's not my job, I haven't got the connections or scouts, etc.. "

Oh ok, so you're not educated enough to give better examples but you're educated enough to criticise that which you admit you have no education about? :lol:

No way did Rafa want muto or Murphy btw. Both were Ashley signings for both marketing and sell-on purposes. Rafa wanted experience.

I think that's nonsense, i think Rafa did choose the signings but ever the professional he has a list of 1st choices, then 2nd, 3rd and so on....he even alluded to that himself.

He has just bought the players he's been able to afford, the lower on the list, the lesser the quality. In the end it's still Ashley's fault that Rafa hasn't been able to buy the players Rafa would prefer as his 1st choices.

No way did Rafa want muto or Murphy btw. Both were Ashley signings for both marketing and sell-on purposes. Rafa wanted experience.

I disagree. Rafa wanted them but probably had 100 players on his list before them.

I disagree. Rafa wanted them but probably had 100 players on his list before them.

Ok, probably makes more sense. I should have said “no way did he want them as first teamers “

"Rafa should be sacked"

Oh ok, so you're not educated enough to give better examples but you're educated enough to criticise that which you admit you have no education about? :lol:

It's all just opinions at the end of the day, we've got people saying now that Rafa didn't want those players or didn't choose them, which again is just an opinion, theres no actual facts is there.

We all debate and comment on all aspects of NUFC, none of us are experts are we, lets just close the forum and not bother discussing anything because we aren't all experts.

Rafa doesn't get to pick and choose which targets we sign ffs  :lol:

He clearly has a massive list that he gives to the club, and then can do nothing but watch as the club fucks most of them up and only goes through with a deal if the player meets all the clubs' criteria (young, cheap, low wages etc) AND then the selling club caves in during negotiations.

To think that he could say "keep that 12 million for Murphy, I'd rather buy someone else with it" is fucking ridiculous.

"Rafa should be sacked"

It's all just opinions at the end of the day, we've got people saying now that Rafa didn't want those players or didn't choose them, which again is just an opinion, theres no actual facts is there.

We all debate and comment on all aspects of NUFC, none of us are experts are we, lets just close the forum and not bother discussing anything because we aren't all experts.

I'd be willing to believe a dignified man like Rafael Benitez over proven liar mike Ashley and his cronies

Guest firetotheworks

"Rafa should be sacked"

With that in mind, wouldn't it be a better idea to look at his non-NUFC signings and then judge him on that then, rather than take this stance of judging the NUFC signings you admit there are no facts on?

Lose to Cardiff and his time must surely be up?

Is this a joke or am I overreacting?

Who do you want to get in? Or should we listen to Keys and sack Rafa because he's not using his wages to spend 20 million on a striker despite not even getting 5 million an year?

Top four should be within reach, right? Or maybe top ten at worst? Sack Rafa because Ashley spends SOOOOO much....