Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest covmag

Just read about Rafa, this cunt in charge is thick as mince, very much like he’s off now.

I’ve give it up this year, they can fuck off forever now, lost me.

I'm leaning to him staying, probably 60-40, don't know why, just gut feeling.

Think if he does go we'll get someone in his mould, but not his calibre. Probably off the continent and someone willing to accept transfers forced upon them. It won't be British, only one I could see is Fat Sam if him and Ashley can kiss and make up a bit more.

Guest godzilla

Think if he does go we'll get someone in his mould, but not his calibre. Probably off the continent and someone willing to accept transfers forced upon them. It won't be British, only one I could see is Fat Sam if him and Ashley can kiss and make up a bit more.

We all want him to stay but he needs to have a water tight contract concerning transfers, upgrades etc. Otherwise it's just going to be the same as previous years fighting to avoid the sink hole. If he doesn't get those guarantees in writing then he should go, as maybe we will see the fans finally start to stand up. For what it's worth as I've stated before, I honestly don't think there is a cat's hell of a chance he will stay.

We all want him to stay but he needs to have a water tight contract concerning transfers, upgrades etc. Otherwise it's just going to be the same as previous years fighting to avoid the sink hole. If he doesn't get those guarantees in writing then he should go, as maybe we will see the fans finally start to stand up. For what it's worth as I've stated before, I honestly don't think there is a cat's hell of a chance he will stay.

I think he'll be given just enough written assurances to stay. Whether they are followed up or not is the question.

Guest godzilla

I think he'll be given just enough written assurances to stay. Whether they are followed up or not is the question.

He knows Ashley too well, respect your optimism but just don't share it.

I could see the club going for another foreign manager, but while that manager may be nice and play good football they won't have the same vision Benitez has for the club and will be happy to impress for 2 years and then leave for somewhere better like Everton and Leicester.

Guest reefatoon

You have to be either a gullible twat, thick as pigs shit, a complete yes man or just given up on life to sign another contract for these fuckers. Rafa is non of the above.

I could see the club going for another foreign manager, but while that manager may be nice and play good football they won't have the same vision Benitez has for the club and will be happy to impress for 2 years and then leave for somewhere better like Yovil and Crawley Town

The long goodbye is nearly over.

It's gonna be weird having zero interest in NUFC, Rafa was the only thing that kept me hanging on.

What's the current list of absolute scrap heap knackers looking like these days?

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Tim Sherwood if we're quick.

I forgot about the managerial heavy weight of Tim Sherwood.

Updated with an addition of my own:

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Tim Sherwood

Dennis Wise

Paul Lambert (probably available soon too)

:lol: :(

It's the end of the world as we know it.

:lol::lol: Very good.

Guest Howaythetoon

My mate who supports Liverpool reckons Rodgers will be in for Sturridge, I could see Leicester looking to cash in on Vardy if that happens. Obviously because of the photo of him and his lass partying with Ashley and Wise it’s a bit of a stretch to think 2 and 2 means... but it wouldn’t surprise me if we are at least linked with him for 25m or so. Ironically I think he’d work brilliantly in Rafa’s system, dunno how old he is these days mind.

One thing that makes me certain Rafa is going, is our pre-season trip to China, has the clubs stamp all over that and not Rafas. He hated Liverpool going far flung places even before Gillet and co took over. I think that is an open slap in the face to him. Almiron only come in because he fits the profile anyway and we didn’t exactly buy him up front straight, they wanted to wait until the summer, but didn’t want to lose Rafa in January. Think Sissoko and co being bought in early to fend of relegation.

He’s off IMO, he’d be a mug if he stayed.

He's 32, older than Rondon who we will only pay £12m max for.  This has zero chance.

I’m pretty sure the club wouldn’t even be happy to pay half that for Rondon, preferring Rafa to spend that kind of sum on someone 25 or younger like Joselu instead for example. The fact we chose to sign him on loan only proves where not only their true intentions lie, but their utter incompatibility as an owner and MD not even incompetency can be used to excuse or explain.

Guest covmag

If it wasn’t for Rafa I’d want us down now like, teach this fat fucker a lesson.The next manager will relegate us, no matter what.

If it wasn’t for Rafa I’d want us down now like, teach this fat fucker a lesson.The next manager will relegate us, no matter what.

What lesson came from the last relegation, or the one before that?