Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Edwards saying that Rafa refused to meet LC last week. Some very tense emails back & forth over the weekend. Rafa felt there would be 1 more push this week to keep him, and then Monday at lunch time the club basically called it off (aka Mike Ashley).

Sickening.

:lol: It's amazing that a club can be run this shoddily. All they had to do was let Rafa do his thing and that was too much. World Class manager wanted the job and wanted to stay and it was too much for them to handle.

Keith Bishop is supposedly in charge of the takeover for Ashley, his agency pops up again on twitter and gets a ton of shit thrown at them from NUFC fans and this cunt gets to revel in the shit he is causing the club after releasing Rafa without informing him.

They are a bunch of pure shithouses, Bishop needs a damn good hiding.

My interest in football and Newcastle has dropped massively since about 2014 with being away. I've attended the odd couple of games over the last few seasons, but mainly last minute. The reason I like football is the moments like when we beat Man City at home last season or the 3-2 comeback against Everton...that united euphoria and celebration. I can't be totally unbiased with such a strong connection to the club, but on the face of it this is likely to be the start of the disaster. We've lost the main component that kept the fan base and the club together. He influenced so many players in such a positive way that they have played beyond their expected level. We I say lost, they've had numerous opportunities to look at this contract and it seems like it is the stubborn manor which has previously had the club relegated which has won.

Heading into a season with no manager, no backroom staff, an upheaval within the academy, loan players returning to their clubs (Rondon, Barreca, Kenedy) and likely a number of players looking to leave such as Perez and Ritchie. Even as a businessman this is no way in which to run an organisation or rather something that would be successful. You're going to have a head coach or manager come in mid July (potentially) and give them a month to identify, negotiate and sign their own targets...that fit into this model the club won't deviate from and we already know that the club opt to play the long game with negotiations. Throw in a trip to China to lose against Wolves and either Man City/West Ham which is likely to impact on the training schedule for whichever professional is going to come in. I suppose whoever comes in will have to deal with a potentially toxic fan base and increased pressure to get results due to the popular manager leaving due to his contract expiring.

Takeover talk has taken over the narrative in the last month and sadly that has probably diminished the impact this is going to have on the club. Thanks Rafa!

Add to that our insane first 10 games which the new manager will be lucky to pick up any points in the season will be over beginning of October

Guest neesy111

:lol: It's amazing that a club can be run this shoddily. All they had to do was let Rafa do his thing and that was too much. World Class manager wanted the job and wanted to stay and it was too much for them to handle.

Even the knicks aren't this bad.

Keith Bishop is supposedly in charge of the takeover for Ashley, his agency pops up again on twitter and gets a ton of shit thrown at them from NUFC fans and this cunt gets to revel in the shit he is causing the club after releasing Rafa without informing him.

Nah, Barnes is the one handling the "takeover" - a man who presumably lives with someone that actually lets him leave the house with this haircut:

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8c748fe2-37cb-11e7-b200-8fa404b10d10.jpg?crop=1083%2C1625%2C-0%2C-0

:lol: The Knicks are exactly this level of bad. You don't know what you're saying.

:lol: The Knicks are exactly this level of bad. You don't know what you're saying.

:lol: They will probably invent relegation from the NBA

What game was Rafa playing ffs, he just wanted to get the club to be more ambitious in a reasonable way.

100% the cunt Ashley's fault.

Obviously I agree with that. I will believe forever that any dispute was over the means to take the club forward, rather than Rafa's own personal fortune. But it's always a game as long as Ashley's involved. Rafa played the brinkmanship card and lost.

Already feel sorry for the poor man who becomes the next manager.

Comes in with great promises made by Ashley, not knowing what's ahead of him.

In an ideal world no one should want the job under Ashley, but there is always a poor manager out there taking any job offered to him.

Bad times ahead!😞

I cant even find the words, this is as bad as I have felt, just numb, heartbroken angry and upset. Ashley has outdone himself and this is a new low even in his rotten reign. For a man and manager of his calibre to have a vision to make Ashleys NUFC great despite everything, then to stay in the championship was staggering. The man just got the city, club and fans he f***ing got it. We wont see the likes of that connection with a manager again. All ruined due to them scumbags in charge.

What a team he was building on a shoesting as well and all the players working their socks off for him. Today is my last day as a NUFC fan after 25 years, feels emotional but Rafa was the only thing keeping my fire burning at all the same as it was for many others.

How anyone can hand over money to Ashley after this is beyone me and I dont want to associate with them type of people as they are as bad as the c***s running this shitshow. Thanks Rafa for making me proud to be a Newcastle fan for the last 3 years  :'( :icon_salut:

What game was Rafa playing ffs, he just wanted to get the club to be more ambitious in a reasonable way.

100% the cunt Ashley's fault.

Obviously I agree with that. I will believe forever that any dispute was over the means to take the club forward, rather than Rafa's own personal fortune. But it's always a game as long as Ashley's involved. Rafa played the brinkmanship card and lost.

I don't think he was playing that game but either way Ashley has lost us the only thing we had going for us, it's so fucking depressing what the fat arsehole is doing to our club.

:lol: They will probably invent relegation from the NBA

:lol: I like our chances in the D-League, tbh.

Nah, Barnes is the one handling the "takeover" - a man who presumably lives with someone that actually lets him leave the house with this haircut:

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8c748fe2-37cb-11e7-b200-8fa404b10d10.jpg?crop=1083%2C1625%2C-0%2C-0

They build some schools near PL football stadiums and he’d be fucked.

Guest reefatoon

Can go back to hoping we get smashed every week now after the 3 and a half year hiatus. Sink like a fucking stone you shit tip of a club. Going to laugh my tits off all the way through this season, watching it monumentally fuck up. Netflix have missed a trick not being part of this joke of a club like.

Even though  we all knew this was happening it did hurt when I heard today... what a waste of 3 years.... will always  be grateful for him making me fall in love and care about this club and this sport again... to have some one of his stature and reputation in charge  of our club who was always dignified  and professional  was so refreshing after years of having the likes of Pardew, Carver, Kinnear and McClaren...

With the likes of Grant, monk and Anthony Hudson  (who I never even heard of) getting  linked it's scary times ahead... we are deffo fucked this season and I will be astounded  if we don't go down... I like so many others on  here now  am giving  up until that fat cunt  is gone.... I'm just gonna devote my self to Tyrones bid to win  the Sam Maguire  this summer and the rugby world  cup will be a distraction  in the autumn  :lol:...

Thanks for every thing rafa and the memories  you have gave me personally... I'll never forget  your time in charge...

I think Rafa is surprised but not shocked. He knows Ashley won’t back down easily. Well done Rafa.

I think Ashley is the one who lost the battle. Guess who wins again no longer apply unless the club can survive next season without spending ridiculous money - which is simply impossible

Looking on twitter seeing photos of Ashley show up has never pissed me off as much as today. Had to close the tab because I can't afford a new laptop. What a farce!! Absolute shambles!!