Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest covmag

Chronicle going with ‘We Want Answers’. Why aren’t they just saying, ‘We Want You To Go’ or similar? Cowards.

We know the answer ffs.they didn't like being called out the cunts.

The paper would get more respect as with certain celebs if they call for a season card renewal boycott.

It's a criminal travesty to let this man walk away.

As has been said, not only is he a brilliant manager but he is a brilliant human being who totally got the Club (Cloob  :'() and the City and he engaged loads with the likes of the NUFC Food Bank, SBR Foundation and Disabled Supporters Association as well as the local community.

Disgrace.

As has been said, not only is he a brilliant manager but he is a brilliant human being who totally got the Club (Cloob  :'() and the City and he engaged loads with the likes of the NUFC Food Bank, SBR Foundation and Disabled Supporters Association as well as the local community.

Disgrace.

Yet people will still turn up to watch whatever's left on the first day of the season.

Disgrace.

Chronicle going with ‘We Want Answers’. Why aren’t they just saying, ‘We Want You To Go’ or similar? Cowards.

Because they need 5 answers for their next "5 Things We Learned" piece.

Without the club the chronicle doesn't exist. it knows that.it won't bite the hand that feeds it.

I've been in the complete dumps since this news and I honestly can't even think of Newcastle now. It just bums me the fuck out. I really hate this and Ashley is going nowhere. We love football and we have no club.

Without the club the chronicle doesn't exist. it knows that.it won't bite the hand that feeds it.

Genuine question, what was the last worthwhile piece of news the Chronicle broke first?

In 10 years time Ashley will do an interview saying he was wrong to sack Rafa...after we had been relegated another 3 times in those following 10 years.  :lol:

Nah that won’t happen

He should die before that

Disgrace.

Spot on. His involvement with the community was pivotal for me. In a world that seems to almost celebrate scum like Ashley as some hard-nosed businessman, when he is nothing more than a pathetically immature man baby that made his money ripping off everyone including his own mother, Rafa did not concede like so many weak minded nobodies had done previously. He fucked off Ashley's shilling, he stood his ground.

Genuine question, what was the last worthwhile piece of news the Chronicle broke first?

Gassa getting knocked out in Fitzy's.

Two days on and I'm finding this really painful tbh. I understand all the arguments for why I shouldn't, but I do. I really loved the guy.

Obviously he and Ashley couldn't exist in total separation but Rafa's surface-level 'good' was a massive distraction to (whereas Pardew, for instance, was a reflection of) Ashley's underground feeling of threat and malevolence.

Additionally, and crucially, I actually believed there was a hope that his presence might even be enough to catalyse the overall change of ownership we all so desperately want and need.

Without him it's all bad. The surface is bad, the underground is bad and there doesn't seem to be any hope of wholesale change. You felt in safe hands with Rafa, someone unequivocally on our side in this whole sorry episode of Ashley's tenure. That's all gone now, it all feels extremely hopeless; just praying for a miracle.

Two days on and I'm finding this really painful tbh. I understand all the arguments for why I shouldn't, but I do. I really loved the guy.

Obviously he and Ashley couldn't exist in total separation but Rafa's surface-level 'good' was a massive distraction to (whereas Pardew, for instance, was a reflection of) Ashley's underground feeling of threat and malevolence.

Additionally, and crucially, I actually believed there was a hope that his presence might even be enough to catalyse the overall change of ownership we all so desperately want and need.

Without him it's all bad. The surface is bad, the underground is bad and there doesn't seem to be any hope of wholesale change. You felt in safe hands with Rafa, someone unequivocally on our side in this whole sorry episode of Ashley's tenure. That's all gone now, it all feels extremely hopeless; just praying for a miracle.

Absolutely this.

In 10 years time Ashley will do an interview saying he was wrong to sack Rafa...after we had been relegated another 3 times in those following 10 years.  :lol:

Nah that won’t happen

He should die before that

If won't happen because we will hit the Championship and stay afloat for years. That's 1 relegation in 10 years. A success in Mike's eyes.

:thup:

I felt the opposite. Pardew was a distraction someone to hate and blame. Rafa just made the ineptitude of how this club is run even more obvious than it ever was before because he had actual ambition. While performing well on the pitch he's made it much harder for Ashley. All of the other cronies ineptitude makes us concentrate on that.

I felt this was inevitable unless something substantial changed and it didn't.

Really sunk in now. We had a champions league winning manager who had recently left Real Madrid to then take us on then we let him go for free  :lol: :lol:

Rafa Benitez in the championship man  :cheesy:

Anyone who rocks up at our games next season is not a supporter at all.