Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Just been on Talkshite defending Rafa.

What did you say? Did you get any pushback from the usual morons on there?

I said that Darren Gough was talking bollocks in suggest we were a mid table side, and frankly Ashley had been a very easy ride by the media and had any sort of attention been raised to his mismanagement of the club, then its highly likely the cunt would have fucked off. I was cut off when I spoke about a boycott of his businesses as well as the club. I said he needed to be hit in the pocket to get him to fuck off.

Yeah they love a cut off if it doesn’t fit their agenda. Gough and Durham are cretins.

Well done for trying to get the message across.

Cheers.

Absolute fucking joke trying to dig Rafa out for going to China, like.

I don't give two shits where he's gone, that's his choice. What happened with us has nothing to do with it.

He's been treated pathetically by Ashley, he doesn't deserve any stick or doubts wherever he has chosen to go.

He's got ten years of his career left. If he doesn't have any major clubs knocking on his door, he might as well go to China for a couple of years, make a massive amount of money, then pick one of the real jobs when they come up.

He wanted to stay here, ffs. He's hardly some mercenary.

Getting slated by some our fans for going to China, morons.

I reckon the reason he's not waiting around for new owners is because he knows the takeover is bullshit, which it will prove to be imo, dreadfully bad this.

I'm a bit dissapointed in him tbf. I adored the man but he was building something good here. I wanted to see Almiron and Longstaff under him for a full season and I think top 10 was still a realistic goal for next season. Just seems a shame to chuck all what we had here away to go to some bad Chinese team.

Aye but he had nothing here, basically he was being told, we won't tell you your budget, we won't tell you if we will buy anyone, and the training ground is going to stay a dump.

China, Japan, Spain or Mongolia it doesn't matter where he's gone that has nothing to do with what went on here. It's 100% Ashley fault Rafa is not here anymore.

I reckon the reason he's not waiting around for new owners is because he knows the takeover is bullshit, which it will prove to be imo, dreadfully bad this.

I'm a bit dissapointed in him tbf. I adored the man but he was building something good here. I wanted to see Almiron and Longstaff under him for a full season and I think top 10 was still a realistic goal for next season. Just seems a shame to chuck all what we had here away to go to some bad Chinese team.

He hasn’t left us to go to China. He....in fact I can’t be arsed trying to explain it but you are so wrong

Why wouldn't he go to China? Has he had any other offers?

I was told by someone who worked under Rafa (not inner circle but on the football side) that he’d turned Juve down. Caulkin is suggesting that Rafa knew he would be leaving for a while. I have to admit that on the face of things it’s all very strange. I can understand some of the players and fans may feel let down, Mackems will be loving it. I guess Rafa has simply had enough, good luck to him, can’t say I’m too happy that he’s going to China though. Dress it up like you want but money seems to have talked in that decision.

Why wouldn't he go to China? Has he had any other offers?

I was told by someone who worked under Rafa (not inner circle but on the football side) that he’d turned Juve down. Caulkin is suggesting that Rafa knew he would be leaving for a while. I have to admit that on the face of things it’s all very strange. I can understand some of the players and fans may feel let down, Mackems will be loving it. I guess Rafa has simply had enough, good luck to him, can’t say I’m too happy that he’s going to China though. Dress it up like you want but money seems to have talked in that decision.

So, what's your point ?

Guest poor

Full of s*** rafa if he goes to China

this is exactly what i meant. good way of spotting the doyles at least

He used to prioritise a English job because he said that him working on the continent had been very hard on his family in the Wirral. Seems odd therefore to decide to get a one bedroom flat in some random Chinese city.

I'm disappointed in any notable European football figure going to China, doesn't take long for most of them to realise that it's pretty unfulfilling, football in a half empty stadium that nobody's interested in. Yeah yeah, I get it, they get paid a lot of money, because the mugs who settle for Juventus are going short.

That's sod all to do with him leaving NUFC btw. He's 100% right to tell those cunts to fuck off and it amazes me he didn't do it earlier.

"When I came to Newcastle, they gave me the plans for the new training ground, I was talking to the architect about changing a few things,' he continued. 'And after three years... they painted the walls."

Don't give this man any stick for where he has chosen to go, he doesn't deserve it.

Wtf??

Always enjoy reading balanced opinion from other clubs forums.

Here's Rangers take on it;

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rafa-benitez-releases-statement-after-leaving-newcastle-united.80288/

No they are not like us, they accept an owner who is using their club as a vessel to sell sports goods!

In our times of trouble we rallied together against the spivs, thats why we are an Institution and NUFC are a football club.

Summed up pretty well

There also an "institution"  who forced members of staff out for marrying Roman  Catholics... and who took over 100 odd years before employing  a catholic... I member  reading the amount  of supporters who cancelled  season tickets  because they signed mo Johnston.... they're an institution I would rather  not be compared  too

Surprised he's gone there. Have no issue with it personally just as I had no issue with players going there either. Also think people overestimate the kind of jobs he could get in Europe

that interview clearly states he would have stayed given assurances.

unfortunately it's also easy fodder for those who want to criticise him. think Ashley/charnley will be giving a big sigh of relief - and even be delighted with it.

think rafa should have gone in harder, or not at all. just giving cretins an excuse to have a go at him.

Always enjoy reading balanced opinion from other clubs forums.

Here's Rangers take on it;

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rafa-benitez-releases-statement-after-leaving-newcastle-united.80288/

No they are not like us, they accept an owner who is using their club as a vessel to sell sports goods!

In our times of trouble we rallied together against the spivs, thats why we are an Institution and NUFC are a football club.

Summed up pretty well

There also an "institution"  who forced members of staff out for marrying Roman  Catholics... and who took over 100 odd years before employing  a catholic... I member  reading the amount  of supporters who cancelled  season tickets  because they signed mo Johnston.... they're an institution I would rather  not be compared  too

Aye, they're an institution because they're bigots :lol:

Money definitely talked, but can we really blame someone for taking that kind of cash that sets up their children for the rest of their life? I don't think less of him for it

I must admit, I get properly 'triggered' by this phrase. :lol:

a) he's a multi millionaire, his kids are already in that position, and their kids

b) is that what all rich people want for their children, not to ever work and just sit round all day spending money they didn't earn? Seems a weird point of view for a guy like Benitez who loves work so much.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Love Rafa, but I've lost a bit of respect for him, I must admit. Not that I blame him for leaving, but China ffs.

Oh well.

Guest poor

oooo top 10.

Money definitely talked, but can we really blame someone for taking that kind of cash that sets up their children for the rest of their life? I don't think less of him for it

I must admit, I get properly 'triggered' by this phrase. :lol:

a) he's a multi millionaire, his kids are already in that position, and their kids

b) is that what all rich people want for their children, not to ever work and just sit round all day spending money they didn't earn? Seems a weird point of view for a guy like Benitez who loves work so much.

a. it's still a significantly larger amount of money, perspective changes at different levels of income

b. yeah I'd say that's pretty much what they want, it's how society works

It's more a safety net than anything, and all it takes is a few years of discomfort. Not saying it didn't surprise me that he went to China, but I also understand it