Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa may be having difficulty finding a job because I think he has a reputation now for not getting on with club owners, and that doesn't just mean Ashley.

That's not necessarily fair, but I think that's what's around.

Just now, Cronky said:

Rafa may be having difficulty finding a job because I think he has a reputation now for not getting on with club owners, and that doesn't just mean Ashley.

That's not necessarily fair, but I think that's what's around.

Ultimately he proved to be right about the Liverpool bunch and then proved to be right about Mike Ashley.

Seems to me that Mike Ashley has since poisoned his name about the place. I always hear the likes of Simon Jordan spouting nonsense about him being a trouble maker, I wonder who on Earth he heard that from other than his pal Mike Ashley.

6 minutes ago, RS said:

He was a wind-up merchant on nufc-forum for years. 

Explains everything. I’ve never had anyone from the forum on ignore before but seriously considering it.  

Just now, KaKa said:

Ultimately he proved to be right about the Liverpool bunch and then proved to be right about Mike Ashley.

Seems to me that Mike Ashley has since poisoned his name about the place. I always hear the likes of Simon Jordan spouting nonsense about him being a trouble maker, I wonder who on Earth he heard that from other than his pal Mike Ashley.

Ashley’s PR lot had a direct line to TalkSport 

He bought championship players to get outta the league. When we got the Premier league Ashley wouldn't part with the money to improve us  so we were left with piss poor prem players, yet the man had us comfortable which is a feat in itself. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Explains everything. I’ve never had anyone from the forum on ignore before but seriously considering it.  

Not sure how people get through this forum without having people on ignore. I have like 20-30 people on ignore. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Not sure how people get through this forum without having people on ignore. I have like 20-30 people on ignore. :lol: 

:lol:

Dunno man, I usually want to hear what others have to say and generally don’t hold grudges.

But this guy really got to me today :lol:

4 minutes ago, magvicar said:

Take a look at what he had in the premier league, including loans.

Rafa was barely given a pot to piss in, man. He pretty much had to hedge his bets on getting a 100% success rate on every signing he made which, let's face it, would have been highly unlikely.

You're on the fucking windup by saying he could have 'spent money better'.

Genuinely, the cheek of saying this, man.

1 minute ago, andycap said:

He bought championship players to get outta the league. When we got the Premier league Ashley wouldn't part with the money to improve us  so we were left with piss poor prem players, yet the man had us comfortable which is a feat in itself. 

Just remember what he had when we went down under his tenure (not all his fault obviously).

Look what he spent to get us out of that championship.

Then he spent to stabilise us in the premier league along with the better players he kept.

He had enough players at his disposal to do a job of consolidating our position.

We didn't have the big bucks to challenge the sugar daddies but Ashley certainly could've offered a few quid more, yet Benitez could've got more out of some of those players he had, I think.

20 minutes ago, magvicar said:

Look at the money he spent for the time he was here. It was a decent amount and he could've done much better if he used players better and bought better.

Let's look at his final season with us and see what players he had at his disposal.

We had some decent players at the time which weren't properly used in my opinion. 

Bravo

Can you do the moon landings next?

3 minutes ago, magvicar said:

Just remember what he had when we went down under his tenure (not all his fault obviously).

Look what he spent to get us out of that championship.

Then he spent to stabilise us in the premier league along with the better players he kept.

He had enough players at his disposal to do a job of consolidating our position.

We didn't have the big bucks to challenge the sugar daddies but Ashley certainly could've offered a few quid more, yet Benitez could've got more out of some of those players he had, I think.

Keep going marra [emoji38]

24 minutes ago, magvicar said:

Look at the money he spent for the time he was here. It was a decent amount and he could've done much better if he used players better and bought better.

Are you out of your mind? :lol: Of all the things to throw at Rafa, that's the last.