Southampton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/10/17 - Post-match reaction from page 29

Dave

We've done okay. Most of our problems have been self-inflicted through poor passes, stupid fouls (ref is giving absolutely everything) or dodgy clearances. Feels like luck rather than judgement that our clean sheet is intact, unlike other games this season.

Going forward we look a threat, need to be on the ball more.

We are lucky they can't finish. Need to up our game in the second half.

In fairness they haven't actually created that many chances to finish except the Tadic header. It's all approach play and crosses which have led to nothing.

Aye, Rafa's got this.

I'm still very nervous mind :lol: Don't like how many crosses Manquillo is allowing on his side and the team seems to lack composure on the whole today.

Classic Rafa. Allowing the opposition to think they are dominating, whilst they knacker themselves out.

We have Sexy Mikel on the bench too.

We have a brilliant way of making teams feel like they are in more control than reality.

Manquillo had his typical match, some good stuff (covering well at the back post a couple of times), some shite stuff that wasn't punished (like playing Gabbiadini onside for that one he just couldn't reach). Overall: average.

Not convinced by Elliot or Manquillo.

Considering how s*** Manquillo was supposed to be, I don't think he's a bad game for us yet. He's been fine.

Can't remember him stopping a cross so far today.  :lol:

Equally as many crosses coming from Yedlins side.

Not convinced by Elliot or Manquillo.

Considering how s*** Manquillo was supposed to be, I don't think he's a bad game for us yet. He's been fine.

Can't remember him stopping a cross so far today.  :lol:

:thup: Every time they go down the right hand side they get a lot of joy, he definitely hasn't been fine. Not to mention he was at fault for their best chance.

I don't like him at all, Rafa has his reasons but Mbemba never came close to making me as nervous.