Who's going to be relegated from the Premier League? 2017/2018 edition

joeyt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone doing ok now will drop massively. Money is on Brighton, Bournemouth (who aren't doing that well) or Huddlesfield. Just hope it's not us. The promoted sides are winning games by slim margins usually and don't look all that dangerous most of the time. Any of us could easily lose 6 on the bounce and be in trouble. With Rafa I don't see us going on long streaks of losses though.

I reckon at least 1 of the West Ham, Stoke type clubs might go down.

Swansea to me look very suspect, I think both Brighton and Huddersfield will start to falter soon, Palace have a lot to do and as seen on Saturday, if Zaha isn't scoring who is there? Stoke need to sort themselves out, find a formation and team that works, pretty soon. West Ham too are in real danger. I would imagine Everton will find a solution to their problems but it may not be until the window opens again. Bournemouth are a strange team difficult to predict, but they need to play a lot better than they have been to survive. It will be interesting to see Burnley close up this weekend, got a feeling they will be sucked into it. As for ourselves, we'll be just fine as long as Rafa is in charge.

If I was going to pick three right now it would be Palace, Swansea and Stoke.

Having seen Palace now, actually reckon there's a decent chance they'll stay up. They have quality and a manager with an idea of how handle this.

Hard one as i reckon all 3 promoted might stay up. And see quality in current bottom 3.

So went Bournemouth, Stoke and Swansea.

Too late for palace, it's only 9 games into the season.  [emoji38]

Statistically it's incredibly unlikely that they will escape the drop. It would take a major upturn in form, along with other clubs to start flatlining.

So if they don't perk up soon they will be past the point of no return.

Guest firetotheworks

The way they've been written off this early with the players they have and having just changed their manager is really bizarre like. Even if it was February time and they were 6 points from safety I still wouldn't write them off.

Guest neesy111

Palace were in even worse state in their 1st season and never mind the mackems have their miracle escapes in recent years.

The way they've been written off this early with the players they have and having just changed their manager is really bizarre like. Even if it was February time and they were 6 points from safety I still wouldn't write them off.

Players they have :lol: they are trash man. Zaha is probably the most overrated player in the league and Townsend doesn't make them a good team.

The rest are utter garbage, the best player is probably Loftus Cheek but seeing as Hodgson won't play him that's irrelevant. I'm not sure how many games they need to lose without scoring a damn goal before people are going to realize they are shit.

Players they have [emoji38] they are trash man. Zaha is probably the most overrated player in the league and Townsend doesn't make them a good team.

The rest are utter garbage, the best player is probably Loftus Cheek but seeing as Hodgson won't play him that's irrelevant. I'm not sure how many games they need to lose without scoring a damn goal before people are going to realize they are shit.

How can you say Loftus Cheek is better than Zaha?

Guest firetotheworks

Players they have :lol: they are trash man. Zaha is probably the most overrated player in the league and Townsend doesn't make them a good team.

We had this discussion yesterday and I made my position canny clear like. :lol:

For a start, I don't agree that they're utter trash. Zaha, Loftus-Cheek, Townsend, Benteke, Sakho are all good players. If you don't rate them, fair enough, but I rate them well above being certs for relegation. So that's that bit sorted.

You're judging them pre-Hodgson. 7 games and no goals under De Boer doesn't mean the players are trash, as you put it. Everyone knows he was attempting to get them to play a brand of football that just wasn't working out for them. Since Hodgson has come in they've beaten Chelsea and should have got a point away to us. Trash indeed.

I honestly can't be arsed beyond that tbh. :lol:

Players they have [emoji38] they are trash man. Zaha is probably the most overrated player in the league and Townsend doesn't make them a good team.

The rest are utter garbage, the best player is probably Loftus Cheek but seeing as Hodgson won't play him that's irrelevant. I'm not sure how many games they need to lose without scoring a damn goal before people are going to realize they are s***.

Quite comfortably so, Zaha as i said is one of the most overrated players around. He gets hype because he completes a few dribbles now and then but ultimately does fuck all.

Don't think i have seen such a nothing player get so much praise, on the other hand Loftus Cheek is fantastic and someone i'd love us to have.

The rest are utter garbage, the best player is probably Loftus Cheek but seeing as Hodgson won't play him that's irrelevant. I'm not sure how many games they need to lose without scoring a damn goal before people are going to realize they are s***.

We had this discussion yesterday and I made my position canny clear like. :lol:

For a start, I don't agree that they're utter trash. Zaha, Loftus-Cheek, Townsend, Benteke, Sakho are all good players. If you don't rate them, fair enough, but I rate them well above being certs for relegation. So that's that bit sorted.

You're judging them pre-Hodgson. 7 games and no goals under De Boer doesn't mean the players are trash, as you put it. Everyone knows he was attempting to get them to play a brand of football that just wasn't working out for them. Since Hodgson has come in they've beaten Chelsea and should have got a point away to us. Trash indeed.

I honestly can't be arsed beyond that tbh. :lol:

Meh they are all names to me, Sakho has been rubbish for ages, as has Benteke, already touched on Zaha and Townsend is well documented.

Their standing is way beyond their actual performances in their careers. Trash, gonna be funny when they go down with less than 25 points considering this hype tbh.

Someone doing ok now will drop massively. Money is on Brighton, Bournemouth (who aren't doing that well) or Huddlesfield. Just hope it's not us. The promoted sides are winning games by slim margins usually and don't look all that dangerous most of the time. Any of us could easily lose 6 on the bounce and be in trouble. With Rafa I don't see us going on long streaks of losses though.

I reckon at least 1 of the West Ham, Stoke type clubs might go down.

The difference between this NUFC and previous incarnations is how organised we look at the back and also from set pieces at both ends of the pitch.

We don't look like we'll get those confidence-shattering mullerings that Huddersfield might.

Personally hope Brighton, Palace and West Ham go down.

Quite comfortably so, Zaha as i said is one of the most overrated players around. He gets hype because he completes a few dribbles now and then but ultimately does fuck all.

Don't think i have seen such a nothing player get so much praise, on the other hand Loftus Cheek is fantastic and someone i'd love us to have.

How many wingers for poor teams got 7 goals and 9 assists last season I wonder? And this season he was injured for nearly all their bad run and first game back he scores against Chelsea

Loftus Cheek on the other hand has got zero goals and zero assists in more games. It's almost like you're talking shit again