Who's going to be relegated from the Premier League? 2017/2018 edition

joeyt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nearly a quarter of the season gone, and half the league have been struggling for goals. We're seventh without exactly banging them in, but our defence is good and we take good set pieces, so we are rocking the marginal gains.

We'll see more goals as teams get found out and injuries take hold. I can't say I'm very impressed with the strikers playing for bottom half teams though.

• 2 weeks later...

Reckon Swansea will definitely be goners this season

No great loss, a minging place and it takes forever to get there.

It's not that bad like, it's not as grand as Newcastle obviously, but it's not minging.

It's not that bad like, it's not as grand as Newcastle obviously, but it's not minging.

I’ve been twice like and spent a full weekend there this season, it really is like.

Some decentish bars and restaurants along the strip where Revs/Yates is, but it’s not a nice place in the main.

Seemed worse than Cardiff, although admittedly we didn’t spend a huge amount of time in Cardiff.

I’ve been twice like and spent a full weekend there this season, it really is like.

Some decentish bars and restaurants along the strip where Revs/Yates is, but it’s not a nice place in the main.

Seemed worse than Cardiff, although admittedly we didn’t spend a huge amount of time in Cardiff.

I live in Swansea, and it's generally a decent place, Wind Street is good for nightlife, admittedly the town centre isnt the greatest, but you have some nice scenery along the coast. It has its flaws, and its rough places like most places but on the whole its a decent place to live. Atleast in my opinion :)

I put Swansea, Palace and West Ham. I'm fairly certain that the first two will go. West Ham might find some spirit if they change manager (not Moyes). Would be lush to see Everton dragged down.

Guest Howaythetoon

It is still very tight down there so at this early stage its hard to really predict. Palace are unlikely to sack Hodgson so you can rule out a new manager bounce for them. I think they are heading down. Everton and West Ham will both likely get new managers soon so that could help them. Swansea are struggling and I can see them going down.

West Ham going down in that stadium would be a dream. If you offered me the table right now at the end of the season I'd bite your hand off. I think third is a good finish for us in the circumstances, and a bonus would be Arsenal possibly missing out on Europe, but West Ham going down would be desperately sad hilarious.

Palace, Swansea and I think Huddersfield.  I reckon they will start to drop after Christmas and their lack of quality will eventually show.  I would rather they stop up and West Ham or Stoke went down, mind.

The league looks really poor this year IMO and outside of the big 4-6, it has for a while. 

Palace, Swansea and I think Huddersfield.  I reckon they will start to drop after Christmas and their lack of quality will eventually show.  I would rather they stop up and West Ham or Stoke went down, mind.

The league looks really poor this year IMO and outside of the big 4-6, it has for a while. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Brighton and Huddersfield spend big in January.

Brighton, I would say, are almost certain to sign a big money forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Results at 26th of November:

Arsenal 0 (0%)

Bournemouth 90 (13.4%)

Brighton and Hove Albion 41 (6.1%)

Burnley 7 (1%)

Chelsea 1 (0.1%)

Crystal Palace 172 (25.5%)

Everton 7 (1%)

Huddersfield Town 82 (12.2%)

Leicester City 16 (2.4%)

Liverpool 2 (0.3%)

Man City 4 (0.6%)

Man Utd 4 (0.6%)

Newcastle United 6 (0.9%)

Southampton 2 (0.3%)

Stoke City 51 (7.6%)

Swansea City 114 (16.9%)

Tottenham Hostpur 2 (0.3%)

Watford 1 (0.1%)

West Brom 13 (1.9%)

West Ham Utd 59 (8.8%)

Poll reset

I still think Huddersfield will have a poor 2nd half of the season, they will just run out of energy, however a decent start to the season may see them safe. Palace, Swansea, and West Ham will all be down there. Everton in theory have the players to get out of it, though they all play in the same position. WBA will ride the Pardew new arrival wave, which will likely be just enough. Keep your eye on Stoke, they usually go about their business unnoticed, and if they were to drop I think they would do so unnoticed as bigger names will be down there.

Swansea and Palace look fairly hopeless. If they get the managerial appointment wrong West Brom might be in bother. Think West Ham will pick up enough points.

Burnley and Watford have probably already done enough to have sorted survival but everyone else could easily go down. The worrying thing is that no other team has scored fewer goals than us recently. Clubs that can't score go down.