Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Ashley given two weeks to accept offer...she [staveley] has not set a formal deadline"

Yep. But the headline will get the attention and many won't bother reading the article.

Aye. Doesn't mean the whole thing is off. Purslow is probably correct in what he says.

£250m in one go would basically be him getting all his investment back in cash. A clean break and lots of brass in the bank instantly could be attractive I guess.

But yeah, if he genuinely feels the club is worth £400m then there seems to be no chance.

Wish the cunt would just accept defeat and bow out. From now on he’s only ever going to be asked to keep putting money into the club or losing what he’s put in without getting any of it back. Just accept the offer, sell up, and let us both move on from this sorry saga.

£250m in one go would basically be him getting all his investment back in cash. A clean break and lots of brass in the bank instantly could be attractive I guess.

But yeah, if he genuinely feels the club is worth £400m then there seems to be no chance.

It'll be an ego thing, won't want to be seen as not having profited from the whole thing. Every chance he'll cut his nose off to spite his face, he's that thick and erratic.

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair I wouldn’t accept £250m either as the club is worth £300m +

If they badly want the club, get it bought, or step aside because all this will do is cause angst amongst the fans and probably Rafa and the players too.

I can see Ashley holding out for £300m + and if it’s not met the club will be withdrawn from the market, he’ll release £15m in January and we will just stay up and then he’ll look to try and sell it again in the summer off the back of a World Cup.

More dark days ahead...

Well, I guess if Man City was worth £210m in 2008 and they were a mid table, established prem club, then £250m for the Toon in 2017 when they've only just been promoted and appear to be struggling is probably reasonably fair. I'd have thought it would be nearer £300m though really, what with the TV deals, etc these days.

... either way, this deal's not happening, the Fat Bastard won't accept being seen to be getting less than what he values the club at, plus he wants some interest on the money he's put in to the club since he bought it - whether that's from the initial price he paid or anything else thereafter.

:sad:

Either way, more well known NE journalists, Ryder, Douglas, Hope, Caulkin et cetera haven't commented on that Times strip on Twitter or in articles, and those journalists are certainly more clued up about the goings on at NUFC than Matt Hughes who's penned that little strip in the Times. May be straw clutching but I'll wait until one of those 4 NE journalists has commented on this "take it or we're off" narrative. Purslow's comments at Sky as well as Craig Hope in the TF podcast seem to point towards a limited budget for Rafa in January and a takeover happening later, probably when/if safety is secured in April or May.

IF £250m was their final offer it makes me wonder how serious they are and what their intentions would be if they were somehow successful with the bid. The club will need significant investment after being bought, not another one trying to do things on the cheap.

Ofcourse it's likely all bollocks though.

If £250m is the most they're willing to bid, they're stupid. Hopefully it's rubbish, although it's normally safe to assume the bad news are true at this club.

I think it is tbh. Respected NE journalists have said otherwise and not commented on that piece/story. The contradiction of the headline in the piece. The fact that the piece isn't on the Times website. Again, it might be straw clutching, but I reckon it's bollocks.

The applying of Murphy's Law to everything NUFC gets a bit boring for me. I want to have hope. There's nothing out there concrete to suggest this won't happen, the vast majority of things points towards it happening. Just not in time for next month, when we need it to.

To be fair I wouldn’t accept £250m either as the club is worth £300m +

If they badly want the club, get it bought, or step aside because all this will do is cause angst amongst the fans and probably Rafa and the players too.

I can see Ashley holding out for £300m + and if it’s not met the club will be withdrawn from the market, he’ll release £15m in January and we will just stay up and then he’ll look to try and sell it again in the summer off the back of a World Cup.

More dark days ahead...

Without a takeover this club will be relegated as fat c*** won’t put the money in and the team is just now good enough. My potential scenario I put on here a few weeks ago will most likely play out. Relegation and club in total limbo. Ashley will then have a club worth peanuts in the championship and it will serve the fat b****** right.

The position of the club, the quality of player at the club gives the valuation he is wanting no credence. Any new buyer would have to spend an absolute fortune to get the team and the club in a position to challenge. In my opinion the offer is more than fair for a club in our current position and potential plays no part at this standing of time as we are just as likely to be relegated again.

With the increasing drop in the teams league position, Ashley’s ludicrous value and the potential tax penalties, I’ll be very surprised if anything happens now. If it was then it would have been a few weeks ago - be prepared for years and years of total s*** people as this fat c*** keeps on destroying the heart of this club. The offer will be withdrawn in the near future as they look at another club with a more reasonable owner to see out their plans. People on here are saying just pay up the 300+ why should they as I said the club is currently not worth it.