Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The offer, if reports are accurate, doesn't reflect brilliantly on PCP imho.

If they're low-balling on day 1, what kind of owners will they be?

See what you're saying but what it suggests to me is that they've done DD and are very professional. If Ashley had invested in us we'd be worth lots more but he's stripped us to the bone.

Aye, the first team is quite worthless for a PL team.

Not to mention commercial, training ground, staff etc. among other things...

Ashley has a chance to make his money back + more after 10 years of free advertisement.

A chance to get out now before a possible third relegation.

He's a willing seller from what we're told.

PCP/Staveley are keen to buy from what we're told.

It makes perfect sense that a deal is made. What possible benefit is there to Ashley to hang on to the club? If we stay up, he'll be in exactly the same position this time next year - possibly worse as Rafa won't stick around for another summer like the one we've just had IMO.

Imagine owning shares in a company and you have solid information that there's a realistic chance those shares will half in value in 6 months time but you can take profit now? Again, it makes 0 sense at all for him to keep the club as what is the upside? No better than the current situation.

Ashley has a chance to make his money back + more after 10 years of free advertisement.

It makes perfect sense that a deal is made. What possible benefit is there to Ashley to hang on to the club? If we stay up, he'll be in exactly the same position this time next year - possibly worse as Rafa won't stick around for another summer like the one we've just had IMO.

Imagine owning shares in a company and you have solid information that there's a realistic chance those shares will half in value in 6 months time but you can take profit now? Again, it makes 0 sense at all for him to keep the club as what is the upside? No better than the current situation.

I'm choosing to believe this still. If he's at 300 and they're offering 250 it doesn't seem insurmountable.

Just offer him £300m and stop jeopardising the future of the club. It's no different to low balling to sign players then running out of time as the window closes.

Sounds like frying pan in to the fire. £300m is more than fair offer and you wouldn't need clauses if you've got the window to make changes goes in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5146791/Mike-Ashley-turns-250m-offer-Amanda-Staveley.html

To save you the DM click, the most important part:

However, we believe Ashley would be willing to listen to a new offer in the region of £300m - especially if it contains no clauses - giving hope that a deal could yet be struck.

There appears to be a stand-off between the two parties at present and the chances of a takeover being completed before Christmas have faded in the past fortnight.

There is, though, a willingness from Ashley to sell and Staveley and her Middle East and Chinese investment fund are very keen to buy.

But we understand they will have to return with a new offer if there is to be progress. It is thought that Staveley and her group are the only party in the running for the club.

Just offer him £300m and stop jeopardising the future of the club. It's no different to low balling to sign players then running out of time as the window closes.

Sounds like frying pan in to the fire. £300m is more than fair offer and you wouldn't need clauses if you've got the window to make changes goes in.

But you know if they just slap a 300m bid in at this stage, he'll just sense weakness and demand 320m or something.

I'm choosing to believe this still. If he's at 300 and they're offering 250 it doesn't seem insurmountable.

Said this before but I disagree. £50m is a hell of a lot of money, particularly up front and especially if £250m is your genuine valuation. A 20% increase is huge.

Said this before but I disagree. £50m is a hell of a lot of money, particularly up front and especially if £250m is your genuine valuation. A 20% increase is huge.

Insurmountable though? Considering he's publicly offered to allow payments in installments. Seems to me if the will is there it could be done.

b]I guess if he sells now he also gets to walk away with any cash that is paid to the club as part of the TV payments and other revenue as it’s his.[/b] God knows how much that is but if you say hypothetically it’s 40m that takes the walk away value to 290m, coupled to the fact he won’t have to spend 20m or so in January. Not beyond the realms of possibility that he would still consider taking the money and running. It wouldn’t surprise me if the final amount was undisclosed so he could at least save face. I’d say it’s unlikely he would take any less than he’s put in with an uplift for interest.....

He doesn't, it doesn't work at all like that.  Revenue is a major part of the business you're selling, it can't be removed before a sale is complete or the business buying will simply pull out.

There's a canny amount of entitlement in this tread. Why should they just stump up another 50m if they don't think it's worth it? What if the investment group don't want to invest that extra vast amount of money in the club due to the fact we've a decent chance of getting relegated?

Until they buy the club, they don't owe us anything and they have no responsibility. Ashley, as ever, is the person in the position to fuck us over.

The biggest problem with getting near his vaulation is that the team clearly needs investment, more so than most of not all other Premier League clubs. Even taking into account the TV money the club still needs substantial investment. With this in mind it will mean that our profit margins will be reduced compared to normal until the quality in the team is balanced out.

Also it assumes spending that extra £50m wouldn't impact on any squad investment plans they may have. In our situation we need both the takeover and new players.

Exactly the amount of money that is required to get the squad even into anything resembling a challenging position is huge. The way the current standing of club is, the fact that relegation is a possibility, the HMRC case and the total lack of quality in the players means that the current offer is more than fair. Anyone thinking it isn’t is basing this on potential which after the last ten years, 2 relegations and current state of play can’t come into it. As the club stands currently the offer is right and fair but fat cunt will never sell for that and PCP I’d be very surprised if they upped their value to one he will accept.

One thing that people seen to be forgetting is that Ashley loves trolling us supporters, because he genuinely hates us. When you are a billionaire like him, he has 50000+ people in pocket, who’s weekend or season he can destroy on a whim. Now that’s power - to a sociopath like him. Sell NUFC, how else will he get the fix he has become used to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People keep mentioning this "HMRC case" but does anyone know what it actually entails?

Fiddling the books from the tax man could potentially end up with a point deduction or a huge fine. We don't know, the potential buyer is taking on a massive risk with this unknown over the club.

Nice one Ashley.

There's a canny amount of entitlement in this tread. Why should they just stump up another 50m if they don't think it's worth it? What if the investment group don't want to invest that extra vast amount of money in the club due to the fact we've a decent chance of getting relegated?

Until they buy the club, they don't owe us anything and they have no responsibility. Ashley, as ever, is the person in the position to f*** us over.

This.

People keep mentioning this "HMRC case" but does anyone know what it actually entails?

Fiddling the books from the tax man could potentially end up with a point deduction or a huge fine. We don't know, the potential buyer is taking on a massive risk with this unknown over the club.

Nice one Ashley.

That's the point...we don't know. So talk of points deduction etc is premature.

However, the buyer WILL know what it entails and will have covered the risk in the DD process. So presumably, if they've made an offer, it also means they have evaluated this big scary HMRC thing and deem it not not be so big or scary.

Of course, there could also be an "OR"...they see impending doom so £50m shy is fair because the s*** is about to hit the fan :lol:

This is it, they have looked through the books and thought "we aint going to offer what he wants with a shit storm on the horizon".

One thing that people seen to be forgetting is that Ashley loves trolling us supporters, because he genuinely hates us. When you are a billionaire like him, he has 50000+ people in pocket, who’s weekend or season he can destroy on a whim. Now that’s power - to a sociopath like him. Sell NUFC, how else will he get the fix he has become used to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is whats worrying me too.

Until they buy the club, they don't owe us anything and they have no responsibility. Ashley, as ever, is the person in the position to f*** us over.

This.

Entitlement is not the right word mind

That’s why the tables bid is fair as they have taken this into account when preparing their offer as they will have the past 20 year tenure at the club and the current level of quality within the squad. DD has been applied and a fair offer tabled as I said anyone who thinks otherwise must be think with their black and white specs or any perceived potential which to be fair would need mega bucks to come to fruition after the way Ashley has run the club.

If the buyers are haggling over £250m-£300m, logic states they won't be splurging vast sums a la Man City come January. As investors, all purchases are likely to follow a similar model to Ashley, where players can potentially grow their value, or could increase the club's value through on-field results. Don't get me wrong I think anything is probably better than Ashley, but I'm not that convinced an investment firm or conglomerate is going to catapult our club up to the Champions League places any time soon.

If the buyers are haggling over £250m-£300m, logic states they won't be splurging vast sums a la Man City come January. As investors, all purchases are likely to follow a similar model to Ashley, where players can potentially grow their value, or could increase the club's value through on-field results. Don't get me wrong I think anything is probably better than Ashley, but I'm not that convinced an investment firm or conglomerate is going to catapult our club up to the Champions League places any time soon.

Logic doesn't state that at all tbh