Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol:  He basically seemed to think the PCP offer was low, while Ashley's valuation was high, but that it would be a great investment at around 300-320 as all premier league clubs will be increasing in value in the coming years.

:lol:  He basically seemed to think the PCP offer was low, while Ashley's valuation was high, but that it would be a great investment at around 300-320 as all premier league clubs will be increasing in value in the coming years.

Top notch punditry right there.

Fair enough. He is still a twat though.

I would agree that surely £300 million is a decent price to pay.

IF we weren't threatened with relegation and had no possible HMRC case looming I'd say the club would probably be worth £300m or so, but fact is those problems are there.  A new TV deal isn't going to automatically increase the clubs value significantly either IMO.

Also Simon Jordan's a piece of shit.

There’s not a hope in hell that Ashley would accept 250M and Staveley must know this. If a sale isn’t agreed and that is the final offer then the whole thing has been a complete waste of time.

Given the time and money invested in this process so far I can’t believe that Staveley will refuse to increase PCP’s offer. Seems most people think (based on bollocks all) that 250M is too low and that 300M would represent a fair price. Personally, I don’t think Ashley would want to accept 300M but it may just do the trick.

There’s not a hope in hell that Ashley would accept 250M and Staveley must know this. If a sale isn’t agreed and that is the final offer then the whole thing has been a complete waste of time.

Given the time and money invested in this process so far I can’t believe that Staveley will refuse to increase PCP’s offer. Seems most people think (based on bollocks all) that 250M is too low and that 300M would represent a fair price. Personally, I don’t think Ashley would want to accept 300M but it may just do the trick.

I think Ashley must be taking the offer seriously after all the fuck ups he's made with the club. Yet again we are looking like being in a relegation fight without big spending. This could be his best chance to get his money out for years.

I think Ashley must be taking the offer seriously after all the f*** ups he's made with the club. Yet again we are looking like being in a relegation fight without big spending. This could be his best chance to get his money out for years.

Can't see him getting as good a chance to make a profit. If he doesn't take it Ralfa leaves, many fans do and another relegation will not be like the previous two as there were little alternatives back then. This time we have a potential new owner and Ashley can get out with a profit. If this didn't come off NUFC will be unrecognizable  in 18months . Even below the early 80s which was the lowest on my lifetime.

PCP and their people have seen the books though.... and whilst clearly nothing there to scare them off, maybe there is stuff there to make them think a low (opening) offer is worth a punt.

Hopefully its all part of the bargaining though, and there is still room to negotiate.

I'm taking any report with some mouthpiece's opinion (S.Jordan) as exactly that... opinion.

He did also say that because PCP have seen the books, if a price is agreed there is no way in hell it will take 40 days to write a cheque.

[emoji38]  He basically seemed to think the PCP offer was low, while Ashley's valuation was high, but that it would be a great investment at around 300-320 as all premier league clubs will be increasing in value in the coming years.

If Ashley remains as owner we won't be a premier league club

He did also say that because PCP have seen the books, if a price is agreed there is no way in hell it will take 40 days to write a cheque.

Is the 40 days/month long process not the Premier League's Fit and Proper Owner's test or something?

[emoji38]  He basically seemed to think the PCP offer was low, while Ashley's valuation was high, but that it would be a great investment at around 300-320 as all premier league clubs will be increasing in value in the coming years.

What's your point?

What's your point?

That Simon Jordan is talking crap in that the new TV deal is only relevant if we were an established premier league club

Ashley could always agree to give Rafa £50m to spend on players in January, then as we should stay up, no doubt PCP will up their offer to £300m over the next few months.

Thing is the TV deals simply push up the player prices and wages. Clubs might have more cash but arguably they simply have to spend it to keep up with the pace. Longer term if done properly the value of the club increases as a vehicle for whatever you’re promoting. Ashley’s decision to advertise his tat emporium(s) for nowt could bite him on the arse here. If he’d been paying the going rate it would have increased turnover and subsequently the value of the club.

relegation will not be like the previous two

This is a big problem. Most fans will recognise this but I fear that Ashley thinks that coming straight back up will be easy and can be taken for granted.

Did he not have to lend  the club money each time we went down ? Not sure he'll  want to do this again .

Apparently, however he did also say he is a poor billionaire that gets paid in wallpaper even tho he bought us and paid off all our debt in a couple of days, bought some London real estate for over £40 million and is currently buying a market for £30 million cash

relegation will not be like the previous two

This is a big problem. Most fans will recognise this but I fear that Ashley thinks that coming straight back up will be easy and can be taken for granted.

Did he not have to lend  the club money each time we went down ? Not sure he'll  want to do this again .

He did, then we have to pay him back from future TV money which then makes us skint in the prem, so we cant compete at a basic level in the transfer market and stay up.