Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Geez christ, are people on this board so f***ing think they can't see what's obvious ?

I will try to spell it out. These two meet, this Desmond guy or whoever he is gets them together, he owns a paper or two. There is a story here, he could just run it himself right now, he's there at the meet, so knows what's going on. Instead he thinks, I can stoke the fire a little before releasing my story. I'll call one of my free lance photographers I know, tell them where this is going down and be ready. Lets make sure I'm predominantly snapped in the shot. A few days later I'll give an exclusive to one of my rags, spilling the beans.

I honestly despair that I had to write all that out, the whole freakin world is about spin and how to maximise publicity ffs, this is a staged sideshow, the first pump ffs!! Something is coming soon, lets hope the fist pump was well founded and he's not a Mackem !!

I honestly despair you wrote that out as well.

The guys a billionaire media mogul, not sure he goes about rustling up a couple of column inches for one of his rags.

"This Desmond guy or whoever he is"  Pretty sure it's been established that's his name  :lol:

There's no picture of the two parties together, could just have been a random coincidence that they were at the same restaurant as each other.

p*ss take, surely? :lol:

Remember the Beckham to Newcastle exclusive in the Daily Mail because Shepherd and Beckham were staying in the same hotel? :lol:

Geez christ, are people on this board so f***ing think they can't see what's obvious ?

I will try to spell it out. These two meet, this Desmond guy or whoever he is gets them together, he owns a paper or two. There is a story here, he could just run it himself right now, he's there at the meet, so knows what's going on. Instead he thinks, I can stoke the fire a little before releasing my story. I'll call one of my free lance photographers I know, tell them where this is going down and be ready. Lets make sure I'm predominantly snapped in the shot. A few days later I'll give an exclusive to one of my rags, spilling the beans.

I honestly despair that I had to write all that out, the whole freakin world is about spin and how to maximise publicity ffs, this is a staged sideshow, the first pump ffs!! Something is coming soon, lets hope the fist pump was well founded and he's not a Mackem !!

I'm going to pretend I didn't read your entire post there and yet I'm giving you these 'few days' for the exclusive to come out in one of those rags. 'A Sunday exclusive'. If not, just hope that you post won't be revisited by others on here.

Maybe Richard Desmond will have the exclusive in one of his papers tomorrow hence the fist pump.

Given everything to date has been cloak and dagger, the fact that they’ve allowed themselves to be conveniently photographed in public suggests there’s movement or maybe that PR cunt is just trying to get our hopes built up befor they’re dashed on Christmas Eve with news the fat fucker is going to spend no money, get us relegated to league two and shrink the size of the ground to built a giant sports direct.

Somebody call up the restaurant and try to speak to somebody who might be able to spill the beans on what was said, body language between the group, etc...

'Alreet mate, ya divvent knaa iz but can yi tell iz aal aboot them rich gadgies who wuz in ya gaffe the other neet?' :lol:

I'm sure its been said already, but hopefully the fact they have (seemingly) met face to face, in an informal manner, means there is a willingness from both sides to get a deal sorted - hopefully agreements have been (loosely) made, and the legal side can now crack on and finalise everything.

Just gotta hope that if a deal is done/announced, that PCP can make some sort of investment in January ahead of a formal takeover completion, in much the same way Man City were able to.

I certainly think (hope) this development is a positive one. Imagine if announcement was made ahead of tomorrow match??!!  :frantic: :indi: :Jonny2J: