Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

He wants out and badly and they are the only buyer in Town and this is the most he will ever get for the club. We just have to be patient.

Don Hutchison on Goals On Sunday just now:

"I'm not Mike Ashley's biggest fan, but results on the pitch are not his fault"

2+2=5

[emoji38] I love this dimwitted argument like.

It's like telling Gordon Ramsey to make a Michelin star 4 course meal for 10 people with £12.50 and whatever I've got in my kitchen cupboard.

"Howay Gordon just crack open the Spam, stop crying and get on with it." Love it [emoji38]

2+2=5

:lol: I love this dimwitted argument like.

It's like telling Gordon Ramsey to make a Michelin star 4 course meal for 10 people with £12.50 and whatever I've got in my kitchen cupboard.

Nice analogy

That analogy is the opposite to the Rafa hate you keep pushing?

Your analogy should be "It's like telling Gordon Ramsey to make a Michelin star 4 course meal for 10 people with £1200 and he instead chose to gan to the chippy for 30 quid"

A few hours away until the window opens.

A doubble loan signing with options to buy for Batshuayi and Kennedy to be announced along with the takeover completed.

Would be a good start of the new year!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!! ???

...I'll get my coat.?

A doubble loan signing with options to buy for Batshuayi and Kennedy to be announced along with the takeover completed.

...I'll get my coat.?

Not possible as per Premier League rules.

...I'll get my coat.?

Where we’re going we don’t need rules!

...I'll get my coat.?

An agreement could be announced.

And Ashley could make the signings (but won't).

I think it’ll go through sometime next month however we still won’t have a pot to p*ss in and will be in a relegation battle all season.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest these lot are no different to Ashley, business first and football second. Same bullshit noises Ashley made when he first arrived and we all lapped it up.

Ready made excuse when we do f*** all in this window, hands were tied with takeover, then the next window will be well we’ve now been relegated and it changes things, must cut our cloth accordingly.

I think our new owner or owners will be far more ambitious than Ashley ever has been or will. I don't imagine we will see mega money being spent, however. I think it was be gradual growth with an emphasis on investing on infrastructure, the academy etc.

They haven’t even got the ambition to get the deal done. They haven’t understood announcing this would give us a much needed lift and some hope amongst fans for real change. Instead we roll in to tomorrow with no new players which is negligent in our current situation. All their decisions so far have been money first. We’ve had 10 years of that, it hasn’t worked.

The reason they wont reveal how much we have to spend is so sides wont rip us off in January.  Its esier to pretend you dont have much at all, (or our takeover is still incomplete) that way clubs wont hold us to ransom. So if we do have 40m they wont say, because other clubs will over value players. We will need to be clever and shrewd in this window imo.

The deal could well be done under wraps?But in our current situation nobody will be trying to help us. So keeping everything under wraps is sensible. Otherwise this side will get screwed over and go down, and the reality being we only have this window to get it right.

Guest firetotheworks

Apart from that obviously shortsighted argument from Don Hutchison, the rest of the stuff that he said about Rafa being the best thing that's happened to the club for years was bang on like.

2+2=5

[emoji38] I love this dimwitted argument like.

"Howay Gordon just crack open the Spam, stop crying and get on with it." Love it [emoji38]

Dion Dublin on Ready Steady Cook could do it.

Haven't got the ambition to get the deal done? They won't be fleeced by Ashley and won't agree to pay him daft money for a club he's run down to ridiculous levels that could well get relegated.

They sound sensible to me.

You’re bang on and this is the reason it won’t happen as Ashley won’t budge either. No professional body is going to take a risk of losing 100 million plus within 5 month if these very strong rumours about a relegation clause are correct. They most likely will wait until the end of the season and then see if we are a premier league team. If not they may revise their bid or they may just walk away completely and move onto another club. No efficient business is going to take a risk with that much at stake and as Ashley won’t budge I just can’t see it happening.

This team needs four or five top quality players to ensure that they stay up and that will cost minimum of 100 million and even then it’s not certain that the players will come with the threat of relegation. Curry house had me convinced it was happening but that was a month ago. Just too much currently of a business risk for PCP they will wait until the season ends.

Haven't got the ambition to get the deal done? They won't be fleeced by Ashley and won't agree to pay him daft money for a club he's run down to ridiculous levels that could well get relegated.

They sound sensible to me.

You’re bang on and this is the reason it won’t happen as Ashley won’t budge either. No professional body is going to take a risk of losing 100 million plus within 5 month if these very strong rumours about a relegation clause are correct. They most likely will wait until the end of the season and then see if we are a premier league team. If not they may revise their bid or they may just walk away completely and move onto another club. No efficient business is going to take a risk with that much at stake and as Ashley won’t budge I just can’t see it happening.

This team needs four or five top quality players to ensure that they stay up and that will cost minimum of 100 million and even then it’s not certain that the players will come with the threat of relegation. Curry house had me convinced it was happening but that was a month ago. Just too much currently of a business risk for PCP they will wait until the season ends.

That's what I think as well. PCP are willing to buy obviously, but Ashley's refusing to account for relegation in the price, so PCP are probably quite rightly, waiting to see if we are relegated before committing to the nominal price agreed.

All this talk of not confirming the take over to keep prices of new players down is wrong. Everybody knows we need players not just one to two so they will inflate prices anyway and it will be take it or leave it scenario. The only question I have, which will pan out if we get bodies in sharpish, is where or if money is available?

It's all conjecture. All we know is that reputable sources have said that PCP remain confident of doing a deal but no deal has been done yet and that MA is away on holiday. These things take time when done properly. Time will tell.

We all know that Ashley has wanted out for over a year now, and every decision at the club has been made with that in mind. Justin Barnes was brought into the club to help sell it, the lead up to this has been ongoing for a while.

If PCP thought there was no prospect of a deal they would have walked away by now.

It's all conjecture. All we know is that reputable sources have said that PCP remain confident of doing a deal but no deal has been done yet and that MA is away on holiday. These things take time when done properly. Time will tell.

We all know that Ashley has wanted out for over a year now, and every decision at the club has been made with that in mind. Justin Barnes was brought into the club to help sell it, the lead up to this has been ongoing for a while.

If PCP thought there was no prospect of a deal they would have walked away by now.

I reckon they still want to buy, just not the price Ashley is wanting because of the real fear of relegation. It's obviously a factor otherwise the deal would have been done by now.

I reckon they still want to buy, just not the price Ashley is wanting because of the real fear of relegation. It's obviously a factor otherwise the deal would have been done by now.

I agree this seems to be the sticking point from what we've heard, but Ashley clearly also now wants out which gives me some hope that a compromise can be reached. Though we know with Ashley is a hard bugger to deal with. The curry and photos are a bit odd given how things have now panned out.

Interesting times, but we shall see. We're screwed if the club isn't sold.

All this talk of not confirming the take over to keep prices of new players down is wrong. Everybody knows we need players not just one to two so they will inflate prices anyway and it will be take it or leave it scenario. The only question I have, which will pan out if we get bodies in sharpish, is where or if money is available?

If clubs are wanting to sell, lets for arguments sake use ourselves as the example and mitrovic, why would we inflate the price of him if we really dont need him or want him here? Theres going to be clubs like us with players they dont use or dont want, players who want out, the world cup around the corner and players wanting to get games.

I get that there will be clubs who will just treat business the same regardless of our situation and theirs. But i think if you went round advertising the fact that you are in the money it will only lead to some driving up prices.

Nobody can be sure, but im pretty sure if the papers let loose with nufc takeover complete Rafa has 100m January war chest, Danny Ings at 7m could turn into Danny Ings at 17m. 4 players in becomes 3 players in etc.

Obviously each to their own opinions ??

...I'll get my coat.?

If Toon No9 wants to wear a coat, I can't see the the Premier League can do much about it.

...I'll get my coat.?

If Toon No9 wants to wear a coat, I can't see the the Premier League can do much about it.

Depends if it's a Canada Goose?