Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A few hours away until the window opens.

A doubble loan signing with options to buy for Batshuayi and Kennedy to be announced along with the takeover completed.

Would be a good start of the new year!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!! 🎆🎉🍾

...I'll get my coat.😉

Not possible as per Premier League rules.

If Toon No9 wants to wear a coat, I can't see the the Premier League can do much about it.

🤣🤣🤣

Nobody tells me what I can't wear!😉

I think it’ll go through sometime next month however we still won’t have a pot to p*ss in and will be in a relegation battle all season.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest these lot are no different to Ashley, business first and football second. Same bullshit noises Ashley made when he first arrived and we all lapped it up.

Ready made excuse when we do f*** all in this window, hands were tied with takeover, then the next window will be well we’ve now been relegated and it changes things, must cut our cloth accordingly.

I think our new owner or owners will be far more ambitious than Ashley ever has been or will. I don't imagine we will see mega money being spent, however. I think it was be gradual growth with an emphasis on investing on infrastructure, the academy etc.

They haven’t even got the ambition to get the deal done. They haven’t understood announcing this would give us a much needed lift and some hope amongst fans for real change. Instead we roll in to tomorrow with no new players which is negligent in our current situation. All their decisions so far have been money first. We’ve had 10 years of that, it hasn’t worked.

Writing off new owners  already :lol:

All they’ve done so far is upset the current squad and produce a load on uncertainty. Window is basically here and they’ve still not done the deal. Can’t with till the 20th and they are still taking their time on offering a revised bid. Should do wonders for our chances of staying up.

I think these are the two worst posts I've ever seen on this board. Congratulations.

It's not the sort of situation where you expect weekly updates though, is it?  They're going to keep working in the background, keeping things quiet until it's finally announced.  Let's just be patient and maybe, just maybe, something good might happen for us.

Probably not, like, but y'knaa.

It's went a lot quieter since the bid was 'leaked'... Hopefully just keeping everything closer to their chests now seeing as they weren't happy about it by all accounts.

Although if we don't hear anything this month, and the transfers (if we have any) stink of Ashley's penny pinching, I'll start assuming it's not happening.

It's went a lot quieter since the bid was 'leaked'... Hopefully just keeping everything closer to their chests now seeing as they weren't happy about it by all accounts.

Although if we don't hear anything this month, and the transfers (if we have any) stink of Ashley's penny pinching, I'll start assuming it's not happening.

I'm already assuming that the transfer window will be conducted along normal Ashley lines as there appears to be no hurry to get anyone in. Tosun looks like signing for Everton, if we wanted Slimani we'd have tied him up before he turned out for Leicester yesterday. It's possible there's some Daniel Sturridge type loan super deal being put together, but frankly I doubt it. PCP will probably sit back and see where we are at the end of the season and take it from there.

I'm already assuming that the transfer window will be conducted along normal Ashley lines as there appears to be no hurry to get anyone in. Tosun looks like signing for Everton, if we wanted Slimani we'd have tied him up before he turned out for Leicester yesterday. It's possible there's some Daniel Sturridge type loan super deal being put together, but frankly I doubt it. PCP will probably sit back and see where we are at the end of the season and take it from there.

The Tosun link stinks of agent talk tbh. Looks like it's worked since his client is on the verge of a big move.

Leicester have 5 or so strikers so at least one of them will be leaving. I doubt Slimani playing yesterday will have any bearing on whether he leaves or not. Vardy took a massive kick to the bollocks in the previous game so he was left out due to that. Ideal opportunity to put Slimani in the shop window

I don't know if Slimani was ever available, but you would have thought so, given that he had barely featured for a long time now. What I do know is that Rafa would have wanted any deals tied up as soon as possible and it looks like it's business as usual with Charnley & co. All the talk about a few quality signings will peter out and we'll end up winging it and hoping it's enough.

I don't know if Slimani was ever available, but you would have thought so, given that he had barely featured for a long time now. What I do know is that Rafa would have wanted any deals tied up as soon as possible and it looks like it's business as usual with Charnley & co. All the talk about a few quality signings will peter out and we'll end up winging it and hoping it's enough.

This is the drum i've been banging for a few days now...Rafa would undoubtedly have deals lined up if there was any chance of him being backed.