Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unless the next 20 minutes brings some tremendous news here we are again just like every other takeover false dawn on every blog,forum & Twitter feed through the years the time came & went without even a silent fart of an announcement.

The rumour came from a source that was a millions miles from what could have been called credible. Absolutely bonkers to have thought that anything was genuinely going to happen today. I don't deny that a small part of me hoped it might have been true.

There is a reason that Rafa mentioned the 20th of January. I think something will break around that time.

So these cunts on Twitter who make these claims, say for example the BBC bollocks. Is that fucker still online or have they closed the account in shame?

This whole thing is obviously locked down quite well between PCP and MASH, so why would we know a fucking thing? This extends to the fucking keyboard warriors claiming to be journalists. None of them have an inside scoop on anything. It’s all guesswork.

If some of the funds of this are depending on Staveley winning her case against Barclays, we could be waiting until 2019 for a complete takeover.

As far as this thread goes, it should be renamed for Mike Ashley because his cuntishness is going to be a deciding factor this month and will determine our fate for the season and next.

I’ve been told again it’s deffinetly 100% done but how many times have we been told that. This time I do tend to believe it but you never know.

I just hope this is not another false hope.

Almost a quarter of the way thru January, not even a hint of a signing, targets going elsewhere, the press saying loan moves only and some people genuinely believe the takeover is done. Baffles me that

I’ve been told again it’s deffinetly 100% done but how many times have we been told that. This time I do tend to believe it but you never know.

I just hope this is not another false hope.

Almost a quarter of the way thru January, not even a hint of a signing, targets going elsewhere, the press saying loan moves only and some people genuinely believe the takeover is done. Baffles me that

Well we will see soon. Not getting my hopes up.

There's a canny amount of entitlement in this tread. Why should they just stump up another 50m if they don't think it's worth it? What if the investment group don't want to invest that extra vast amount of money in the club due to the fact we've a decent chance of getting relegated?

Until they buy the club, they don't owe us anything and they have no responsibility. Ashley, as ever, is the person in the position to f*** us over.

This.

Entitlement is not the right word mind

Agree, but I’m feeling lazy. The general point is right — they owe us nothing and their offers are not indicative of anything that would happen if they did own us in the future. This is a business transaction.

Here, :lol: it's the right word for what I'm trying to say... I feel like statements like:

Just offer him £300m and stop jeopardising the future of the club. It's no different to low balling to sign players then running out of time as the window closes.

Sounds like frying pan in to the fire. £300m is more than fair offer and you wouldn't need clauses if you've got the window to make changes goes in.

Are pretty entitled, like they owe us something. Entitlement is feeling like you have a 'right' to something or that you are owed, right? Seems the right word to me.

Ashley, in buying a club of our stature, owes us (the fans, the city, the region) a competitively run club. His time here has, in terms of progress made, been a disaster. A takeover from someone willing to run the club in the right way would be a corrective to the penny-pinching, corrosive, and at times downright offensive (changing the name of the stadium, the huge SD advert on the Gallowgate roof, etc.) way the club has been run in recent years. We *are* owed more than we're getting - for the continued level of support under his manky stewardship if nothing else.

Aye fair enough, totally irrelevant seen as we're discussing PCP and what they owe us...which is obviously the sum total of fuck all.

Entitlement... What a gigantic fanny  :lol:

The bid will do more harm than good if it rattles on in to Jan with our hands tied, especially if it falls through.

What a way to try and start your tenure.

Entitlement  :lol: :lol:

In what way can a failed bid do us more harm than good? If there are other people willing to buy us, they'll buy us. In all other situations, Mike Ashley still controls the club and he still doesn't give us money to spend in Jan. PCP owe us nothing :lol: they can take as long as they like.

Should they just spunk an extra 50 million over the odds, to Mike Ashley of all people, because a business they have no investment in might go under/get relegated?

I hope we get sold in time for the transfer window too, it's just not their fault their valuation of the club is different to Ashley's.

No budget due to takeover stalling in what is a crucial window with the weakest squad we’ve ever had in the top division. Still, no harm done. Please take as long as you like.

What's the next target date of the ITK's then? So that I don't come and check IN here often.

Funny you should say that!  I just got an email from a very reliable source close to the club and they're 99% certain something HUGE will happen on Wednesday. 

I can't reveal any more because i'm absolutely full of shit and i'm just doing this to milk some attention and fill a sad little void in my life.  Please follow me, ask me for updates and act like i'm relevant to something, it'll make me feel lush for a bit  O0

What's the next target date of the ITK's then? So that I don't come and check IN here often.

Funny you should say that!  I just got an email from a very reliable source close to the club and they're 99% certain something HUGE will happen on Wednesday. 

I can't reveal any more because i'm absolutely full of shit and i'm just doing this to milk some attention and fill a sad little void in my life.  Please follow me, ask me for updates and act like i'm relevant to something, it'll make me feel lush for a bit  O0

Probably the best we’ve had all week so Wednesday it is  :frantic:

:lol: :thup:

If the main backer of this takeover is from Saudi, perhaps the continuing news from there is a reason why things have stalled?

This is in the news this morning..

“Saudi authorities have detained 11 princes after they gathered at a royal palace in Riyadh to protest against austerity measures that included suspending the payment of their utility bills, Saudi media reported on Saturday.

The government information service, the Centre for International Communication, said it was checking the report.

Saudi Arabia, the world’s top oil exporter, has introduced reforms that include cutting subsidies, introducing VAT and cutting perks to royal family members to try to cope with a drop in crude prices that has caused a budget deficit estimated at 195 billion riyals for 2018.”