Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well if Ashley wants £350 mill think we can safely say this will never be happening,no one is paying close to that

Dunno, like.  £300m is a pretty fair price, meet halfway at £325m and everyone goes home happy.  I'm no Ashley fan but £250m is a pretty bad offer for NUFC as it stands.

Not sure how £300m being a fair price then jumping another £25m  is meeting in the middle.

Anyway, Considering the £100m min hole in last years finacial figures. I've based this on the lost £77m dropping into the Championship (£115m in the prem v £38m in the champo). Aswell as the £30m million Mike loaned the club due to religation.  £250m seems more like a suitable valuation. Things need to be taken into account, First team needs massive investment over the coming years, The Academy needs growing and developing. This alone could be over £500m investment. Until we start to grow commercial that money whould have to come from a Good owner.

The future TV deal will only help to swell player prices devouring any increase in income from the deal. So the growth the club needs can only be generated through commercial revinues.

If you look at the Everton sale as a rough guide to values. I would say where behind them in terms of squad ability, aswell as the Finch Farm facility and there ability to bring young players through the ranks and sell for profit.

There sale was for a 49.9% Stake at a sale price of £175m or £350m for the club.  Are we really worth Ashley £380 asking price ??

If you look at the sky subscribers Ashley has his value more than right. Viewers at the match are one of the highest in the league, away fans also, check. Sky subscribers also up there as the best if not the best. Every angle covered. He has run us as a Sports Direct subsidiary like he has with every other company he has done the same thing to when taking over. He does just enough and I wonder how many Rafa's/Managers in his business he has done the same thing to when stepping over them?

Yeah don't disagree with the point about the TV money and it's value to Sports Direct. But it has no value to Newcastle united or the Value of club, now if the club received the correct value in sponsorship for hoarding space (value at upto £40m per season)then that would add to the value of the club.

It has lost £500 mil over 10 years if you read some quarters but the pocket it benefitted is Mr Mike as the main shareholder of a bigger company. We are a pawn in his empire. Simple.

Just what the fuck is going on man. :undecided: Starting to feel like our club is just some pawn in an Ashley game that has very little to do with football. PR shit flying all over the place.

That’s exactly it.

Imagine how much of an evil twat you'd have to be, to use a football club - and all the positive things an institution like that represents, in terms of the community, heritage, the economy and local/national/global significance - as a chesspiece in your own narcissistic little game. I deeply hope it isn't something like this.

The first few pages of this thread make for fun reading. The hope we had...  :lol:

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=40533.0

Someone in that thread:

« Reply #138 on: Wednesday 23 May 2007, 05:07:05 pm »

Mike Ashley+Sam Allardyce=Success!!

Get the f*** in!! :D

And then a couple of posts later:

« Reply #140 on: Wednesday 23 May 2007, 05:07:22 pm »

I for one think Big Sam will be safe, this bloke won't of bought the shares not knowing what he's coming into...

Just heard of talkSPORT some guy saying that he believes Caulkin has been working on a interesting article. Probably released tomorrow.

Does that make me an ITK?  :lol:

No. If anything, it makes the guy calling TalkSport an ITK.

He should start running us like a £350m football club then.  We're valuable when it suits him, worthless when it doesn't. 

It's because of 10 years of failure including an appalling transfer record that buyers aren't exactly queuing up to pay his asking price.  The club is worth fuck-all without its Premier League status, and we're clearly going to be perilously close to losing it yet again.

Exactly.

Hopefully she’s still interested in buying us.

Since Tuesday night there have been loads of people who have turned on her, mostl probably out of hurt. It’s only fair that she has her own say.

I think it's more likely she feels free to speak now that Ashley has basically told her to do one.

"Big read on that potential takeover and plans for the club."

Is that an indicator that there's still life or is it clutching at straws?

I'll go with both, keeps the spirit up somewhat.

Aye. :thup: Need some spirit ahead of that stupid football match on Saturday. :lol: