Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am growing to really despise Simon Jordan. Is he an argumentative t*** with everybody, about everything, or does he especially hate us?

NUFC attract a lot of attention and Simon Jordan loves being in the public eye. He's an attention seeking whore.

He probably doesn't care about NUFC, but talking about us gives him an opportunity to gain some attention.

You do know that if we make any significant purchases before the end of the month that all the rumoursvwill be flying round that the takeover is done and it's just being kept quiet to keep the transfer fees down doncha ?

The c*** has rightly been slated for his comments on us. He also had a go at Marco Silva saying that's he reward for not being loyal or some shot like that. The guy's a c***.

He loves being in the media so has yo be "outspoken" to get his fix. A football version of Katie Hopkins.

I had concerns about Staveley long before the PR game kicked off. Fair price don't come into it where mike is concerned he ripped off his own parents. We are so close to getting rid of this fat greedy tit, I don't care about him or how much he makes, I want Ashley gone.

Yes, but you can't expect Staveley to feel the same. She shouldn't just keep quiet after being accused of being a liar and a publicity whore. Nor should she just throw down what Ashley asks no matter what.

We don't know her or her motivations. But we know the fat prick, and the damage he has wrought on this club over the last decade. I sure as hell know which one deserves a bit of slack until we get more info, and which one is just a disgusting f***ing Hutt.

Quite right. But I do expect Staveley to get closer to the asking price if she wants it as much as she claims, especially in light of our transfer situation.

I do think there's a good point in there somewhere - what this round of negotiations should have told Staveley is that she's dealing with an absolute cunt who will only sell on his own terms. If she's coming back for more at any point then bids £100m below the asking price are just a waste of time.

But why would you go to his asking price when you've put a lot of work into valuing the club and don't believe the club(in it's current position) are worth anywhere near what he's asking?

I wish as much as the next person that she would just pay it, but to say she's wasting time or SHOULD just pay the extra is ridiculous. That would change if we were safe or didn't have the hmrc thing hanging over us obviously.

But why would you go to his asking price when you've put a lot of work into valuing the club and don't believe the club(in it's current position) are worth anywhere near what he's asking?

I wish as much as the next person that she would just pay it, but to say she's wasting time or SHOULD just pay the extra is ridiculous. That would change if we were safe or didn't have the hmrc thing hanging over us obviously.

I'm not saying she should 'just pay it', rather that you'd hope she has a better idea of the type of clown she's dealing with and what it'll take to get the deal done.

Again, she can value the club all she wants but if he won't sell for £100m less than his actual asking price or whatever then it's dead anyway.

I'd imagine there must be ways to reach a compromise that don't just involve ponying up the cash in full.

I’m no businessman, but if it was me and I really wanted the club and believed in it’s long term profitability I’d pay the £350m and pay a bit less than what I had planned for the training ground improvements and player acquisitions (in the first season) just to get the club.

I’d address the squad and club improvements later. Just to get hold of the club in the first place.

Any idea why PCP won’t do that? Am I missing something?

I’m no businessman, but if it was me and I really wanted the club and believed in it’s long term profitability I’d pay the £350m and pay a bit less than what I had planned for the training ground improvements and player acquisitions (in the first season) just to get the club.

I’d address the squad and club improvements later. Just to get hold of the club in the first place.

Relegation threat/HMRC issue would be my guess.

She’s apparently said they be willing to spend upwards of 200M over the next 2 transfer windows? If that’s so why not just meet the £300M it is thought might do the trick and revise the transfer budget? They’re supposedly in it for the long haul and there also the unknown in the new TV deal.

Ashley may well just decide to wait it all out anyway but I do think Staveley has been a little inflexible in this. Surely the most important thing is to get the sale through with enough money left available to start the overhaul. From the figures quoted this should have been possible but we’re too far into the window now for this to happen. It would be easy too think that’s she’s trying to get us on the cheap side and that does also lead to questions on what the future could hold for say match going fans. I’d like to know plans for pricing tickets and the like. Staveley clearly sees the club as a money making opportunity and doesn’t want to pay a penny more than necessary.

In the meantime the club continues to suffer and there’s no investment in the team from anyone.

I'm not saying she should 'just pay it', rather that you'd hope she has a better idea of the type of clown she's dealing with and what it'll take to get the deal done.

Again, she can value the club all she wants but if he won't sell for £100m less than his actual asking price or whatever then it's dead anyway.

I'd imagine there must be ways to reach a compromise that don't just involve ponying up the cash in full.

Aye, I'm sure she knows she's dealing with a grade A c***. As you say there must be a way to reach a compromis, but to me if mike Ashley isn't going to give any compromise at all, ie not accepting anything less than his valuation, and not accepting any of the clauses, then the deal was dead before PCP even came along as these sort of clauses were inevitable in our current position.

number9 above saying 'if she wants it as much as she says...'  hinting that she's not really serious is mental. She is obviously serious and put 3 bids in. But as always there's only one person to blame for it not moving forward positively imo.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I trust the press comments about PCP paying a fair price are accounting for the reports that Ashley has asset stripped a 60M chunk of land from the club.

The way this has played out, I suspect Ashley will sell if PCP come back with 25M more after this nonsense PR war in the press. He simply wants to be seen having the last laugh. He wants his lackeys to be able to spin it so that he's strong-armed more money out of them. It was him who took the negotiations public.

My/Paully's mate reckons the deal is not dead.

Apparently they'd agreed a price with Ashley and he changed his mind.....the stuff that came out about the deal being off was from a drunken business lunch, and was watered down.

They valued the club at £220-250m because of the investment needed on and off the pitch.

So basically, Ashley is a massive cunt.

Apparently they'd agreed a price with Ashley and he changed his mind.....the stuff that came out about the deal being off was from a drunken business lunch, and was watered down.

They valued the club at £220-250m because of the investment needed on and off the pitch.

So basically, Ashley is a massive cunt.

If that is true then it suggests that the deal is dead because if Ashley is moving the goal posts again then he’s not wanting to sell.

So basically, Ashley is a massive c***.

If that is true then it suggests that the deal is dead because of Ashley is moving the goal posts again then he’s not wanting to sell.

Or He's willing to gamble on holding out for more.

I’m no businessman, but if it was me and I really waanted the club and believed in it’s long term profitability I’d pay the £350m and pay a bit less than what I had planned for the training ground improvements and player acquisitions (in the first season) just to get the club.

Would you pay £233,000 for a house you had valued at £200,000? You might if you could afford it and weren’t arsed about investment and re-sale. You absolutely wouldn’t if you were running a property business.

If you were a business person you wouldn’t buy a club as an investment in the first place let’s be honest. Man City, Chelsea etc are just toys for mega wealthy individuals to play with. PCP won’t lose any sleep if this deal doesn’t happen.