Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That's quite a simplistic way of putting it. She's pulling together a consortium of backers - if she needed to pay £300m tomorrow then she probably wouldn't be able to. Her claim is that she has agreements in place and could get it within 10-14 days once a price has been agreed.

Did your casual and credible friend happen to attend the press forum at the Irish Centre?  :laugh:

no :)  this is him: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13952293.AFC_Bournemouth__Could_Jay_Coppoletta_be_one_of_Cherries__new_investors_/

his wife & mine are friends & our kids go to the same school, which is where i saw him yesterday.  he knows i'm a big newcastle fan & asked me how eager i was to get rid of MA. i told him my strong feelings & he said that the people he knows weren't that convinced by amanda stavely & that she was more interested in the attention... he did think that Ashley wants to sell & would probably take less than 300, maybe 250...

That's quite a simplistic way of putting it. She's pulling together a consortium of backers - if she needed to pay £300m tomorrow then she probably wouldn't be able to. Her claim is that she has agreements in place and could get it within 10-14 days once a price has been agreed.

Did your casual and credible friend happen to attend the press forum at the Irish Centre?  :laugh:

no :)  this is him: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13952293.AFC_Bournemouth__Could_Jay_Coppoletta_be_one_of_Cherries__new_investors_/

his wife & mine are friends & our kids go to the same school, which is where i saw him yesterday.  he knows i'm a big newcastle fan & asked me how eager i was to get rid of MA. i told him my strong feelings & he said that the people he knows weren't that convinced by amanda stavely & that she was more interested in the attention... he did think that Ashley wants to sell & would probably take less than 300, maybe 250...

Ah fair enough.

Been reported quite widely that she likely wouldn't have the cash to go straight away. Time will tell if she's a bullshitter or not.

so, has anyone heard that amanda stavely simply didn't have the money?

i heard this last night from casual, but credible friend who might be in a position to know something.

She doesn't, but her fellow investors certainly do.

It’s what those energy drink wankers said

I wonder if the next TV deal will actually be less than what clubs are getting now ? Sky are prepared to drop Monday night football, BT are prepared to lose the rights altogether and it looks like Amazon wont even bid, could be the event which forces Ashley to sell.

Guest neesy111

I wonder if the next TV deal will actually be less than what clubs are getting now ? Sky are prepared to drop Monday night football, BT are prepared to lose the rights altogether and it looks like Amazon wont even bid, could be the event which forces Ashley to sell.

Show me news sources for these statements or are they just hearsay?

BT will only pay for the rights at a price that is suitable for them " Gavin Paterson CEO BT states" they are not interested in paying over the odds to anyone,also bear in mind they have an agreement with SKY in 2019 to show their games also on the BT Sport Platform.

I know West Ham don't have it as bad as us. But some of the similarities are astounding.

This bloke reckons the Henry racism news was a cover up for transfers, that they won't see the Sakho and Ayew money, and the bid for Dendoncker was intentionally  low because they never really wanted to sign him etc. Are the Sullivans learning from fat Mike? :lol:

The last 50 seconds are 100% Ashley :lol: It's unbelievable :lol: