Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Disagree with him saying he believed Ashley did want success for NUFC. Success for him was always getting global exposure for SD, nothing else.

See, I’m of the belief he had relatively decent intentions when he bought us. He then realised the money owed to various things, all of which have been documented, then after he fucked KK over with his ‘advisors’ and it turned sour, he then decided to change his tact and aim for profit.

The whole thing is massively frustrating for most of us as it’s the fact that he ‘could’ do something positive and correct with the club, he just chooses to do the opposite. That’s why I want him to die.

Disagree with him saying he believed Ashley did want success for NUFC. Success for him was always getting global exposure for SD, nothing else.

See, I’m of the belief he had relatively decent intentions when he bought us. He then realised the money owed to various things, all of which have been documented, then after he f***ed KK over with his ‘advisors’ and it turned sour, he then decided to change his tact and aim for profit.

The whole thing is massively frustrating for most of us as it’s the fact that he ‘could’ do something positive and correct with the club, he just chooses to do the opposite. That’s why I want him to die.

http://ashleyout.com/finances/loan/

Sir John Hall’s revelation that Mike Ashley’s reason for buying the club was to “market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the Club to help do this”

Basically he wants to earn around 100m profit to top up his selling price (likely to be 300m) by cutting all kinds of spending. That together would give him 400m which was his original asking price last summer.

We've been through this like, I'm sure you're well wrong on this assumption man. He might well pay himself £100m back off the loans but he then simply won't be able to command the same price for the club. Nobody on earth would be stupid enough to pay it considering they're not paying it now while the cash is in the club.

No, not really. What if the max cash outlay Amanda or other potential buyers able to pay is around 300m? You are somewhat correct that taking out cash will affect the value of the club (although I reiterate that it is not simple maths).  In other words, the fat c*** is decreasing the clubs total asset value and so the price required for takeover has been reduced. The entry barrier has been lowered.

Don't you wonder why the fat c*** lowered his asking price from 400m to 300m? The answer to me is simple: he didn't lower it. He just use the clubs money to cover that 100m. Everything is well planned.

I think you're wrong.

See, I’m of the belief he had relatively decent intentions when he bought us. He then realised the money owed to various things, all of which have been documented, then after he f***ed KK over with his ‘advisors’ and it turned sour, he then decided to change his tact and aim for profit.

http://ashleyout.com/finances/loan/

Sir John Hall’s revelation that Mike Ashley’s reason for buying the club was to “market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the Club to help do this”

Yes but I agree with matty, the two things aren't mutually exclusive. It all went to shit after Keegan and the first relegation. Prior to that the SD advertising wasn't as prevalent and he was happy to be a man of the people. Unless he comes on TV and clearly states he bought the club with the sole intention of ruining it I'll believe that this was the turning point.

Perhaps he thought the football side of things was just a kickabout and it was easy. I don't think he's very bright tbh. Just a nasty piece of work who'd sell his gran for a tanner.

Keegan (again) nailed it when he simply stated he doesn't understand football. That's it in a nutshell for me.

On another note it serves as an important point to people questioning PCP when they said they'll buy the club only if Rafa is there. We literally have one of the few managers in world football you'd trust to rebuild an entire club from the ground up. Insisting on him as part of the deal makes perfect sense to me.

Perhaps he thought the football side of things was just a kickabout and it was easy. I don't think he's very bright tbh. Just a nasty piece of work who'd sell his gran for a tanner.

Keegan (again) nailed it when he simply stated he doesn't understand football. That's it in a nutshell for me.

On another note it serves as an important point to people questioning PCP when they said they'll buy the club only if Rafa is there. We literally have one of the few managers in world football you'd trust to rebuild an entire club from the ground up. Insisting on him as part of the deal makes perfect sense to me.

Aye 👍

That's surprisingly good from Carragher.  Always kind of got the impression he didn't really 'get' us.

He has a vested interest in LFC, everything outside of that, like other pundits, he only knows what brief highlights he sees of matches. I think with Rafa here he's probably paid us closer attention this time round and realised what a shitheap we've turned into and why. It's about time it all started spreading like wildfire, we've only been banging the same drum for 10 years.

If Amanda Staveley is even asking whether Ashley is serious about selling then we've got a big problem. A lot of peoples fear all along has been that he has just been going along with the charade of negotiations etc. I think the only way to approach this is the view that he's not interested in selling. Hoping to be proved wrong at some point like.

That's surprisingly good from Carragher.  Always kind of got the impression he didn't really 'get' us.

He has a vested interest in LFC, everything outside of that, like other pundits, he only knows what brief highlights he sees of matches. I think with Rafa here he's probably paid us closer attention this time round and realised what a shitheap we've turned into and why. It's about time it all started spreading like wildfire, we've only been banging the same drum for 10 years.

He'll also have grown up with us having Keegan and being better than Liverpool to some degree during those years, then being decent under Robson. Knowing that and putting a bit of thought into things it's easy to see how far we've fallen under Ashley.

That's quite a simplistic way of putting it. She's pulling together a consortium of backers - if she needed to pay £300m tomorrow then she probably wouldn't be able to. Her claim is that she has agreements in place and could get it within 10-14 days once a price has been agreed.

Did your casual and credible friend happen to attend the press forum at the Irish Centre?  :laugh:

so, has anyone heard that amanda stavely simply didn't have the money?

i heard this last night from casual, but credible friend who might be in a position to know something.

Think she has the money, just doesn't value the club as high as Ashley does. Ashley values the club with assumed potential, Amanda values it with consideration of the investment needed for the potential.