Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have visions of stifler running around after Amanda just like Kevin and Perry running around after Eyeball Paul in Ibiza.

Walking into negotiations like when Perry came back from Manchester but this time he watched The Apprentice.

"Thank you Mrs erm I mean Lordess Stavely  can I suggest we call the company Hoc Stercus Tauri Est."

Would love to have seen how the negotiations went between Ashley and players when he agreed £1m per place. Probably similar to David Brent when he offered Dawn £100.

"I'll give you £1m per position?"

"£1m?! That's a lot!"

...."£500k..."

"You just said a million."

..."£750k?"

The successful signings of Dubravka, Kenedy and Slimani have helped Rafa enormously.

Ashley sees transfers as his easiest way for the club to lose money and that's why he put so much trust in Greame Carr  (because he falsely thought he was good at getting bargains).

Now that Rafa has shown his worth in terms of recruitment, perhaps he wont be so reluctant to open the wallet.

I think I read that we will get at least 121m for finishing top 10. If that doesn't cover the transfers Rafa needs and then some, I dont know what does.

Give him a sizable budget and let him do his fucking job.

People still expecting Ashley to do the right thing in the transfer market :lol:

Get to fuck. He needs to sell up or it's going to be a long, long summer again, just like every other fucking summer we've had under this fuck.

People still expecting Ashley to do the right thing in the transfer market :lol:

Get to fuck. He needs to sell up or it's going to be a long, long summer again, just like every other fucking summer we've had under this fuck.

Followed by another long long season of wasted time and crushed dreams.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d happily put up with Ashley if he never attended another game or his cronies and allowed Rafa to do what the fuck he liked with a reasonable budget every season. I think if Rafa ended up building a top 6 side, I don’t think it would require lots of money per season to maintain that as he tends to build a squad or team of younger players who can develop and become top class players to sustain such success. He didn’t spend much compared to others at Liverpool IIRC.

Agree completely with those who want him gone. I'd not "happily accept him if..."

Eff that, what's to stop him.coming back and doing something like making Adam effing Johnson the director of football somewhere down the line just to eff with us? And you just KNOW he is capable of such horrific awfulness. I'm no longer willing to think events like Wise, kinnear, that creepy llambias effer,stadium renaming etc were just "bad advice" or "poor judgment". I want to feel we are going somewhere positive without the threat of a giant crybaby coming in and appointing another alan effing paedew out of nothing but spite.

I’d happily put up with Ashley if he never attended another game or his cronies and allowed Rafa to do what the fuck he liked with a reasonable budget every season. I think if Rafa ended up building a top 6 side, I don’t think it would require lots of money per season to maintain that as he tends to build a squad or team of younger players who can develop and become top class players to sustain such success. He didn’t spend much compared to others at Liverpool IIRC.

But he won't, how many more times do you need to see him fuck the club over before you realise thinking IF Ashley.......

Guest Howaythetoon

We have been burned repeatedly by the fat cunt, how anyone can live with him a second longer is beyond me like.

The sooner he is off, the better.

For me it’s a case of wanting Rafa to stay around and for once enjoying being a NUFC again even if I’m not as into it all as I used to be and probably never will be again, and that will only happen if Ashley is still the owner if he just backs out and gives him enough to do what needs to be done.

Obviously he has to go because as long as he’s the owner the future is always uncertain even from a window to another window.

Rafa under good and ambitious owners is the stuff of dreams. I don’t want Man City type owners because I believe Rafa can do the kind of job I’d be more than happy with which is top 6, cup runs, European football and maybe even a cup. Which outside of a Man City type takeover is probably the highest we can ever climb as a club in the current climate.

I don’t even crave CL footy as good as those nights can be and as rewarding for the manager, players and fans it no doubt would represent as it’s another level.

I just want owners who are ambitious, are good business people and who would realise in Rafa they have someone they can trust to run things towards success, sustainable success and from a business perspective financial sense. I don’t want to see us spend 200m in one window or sign a player for 50-60m or rather I think we don’t need that.

There is a saying, know your place. Our place under Ashley is a false place because we are underperforming. We are better than relegations, early cup exits, fighting relegations, struggling to spend money and buy good players etc. Rafa is certainly better than that and if we are to keep him he needs matched. I doubt he is looking to turn NUFC into an all conquering title winning, CL winning team. I think regular top 6 finishes, European football and cup wins would keep him happy.

Mind, I do feel he would love to add a PL title to his CV and he’s capable, but not with us unless it’s a Man City type takeover. I honestly don’t know how I’d feel about that tbh. I’d be torn.

Guest Howaythetoon

But he won't, how many more times do you need to see him fuck the club over before you realise thinking IF Ashley.......

Oh I realise enough and know full well what I’ve outlined just won’t happen. I’m Just saying that if it did, I’d settle for it kind of as a means to an end if you like.