Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The optimist in me sees that as positive news. Rafa has gone to Ashley and asked for a budget to start transfer deals on time for once. So Ashley has said you can have 80-100 mill and added it to the asking price so this time it doesn`t slow transfers down. That way if the club sale starts negotiations during transfers any purchases are included. 

:lol: :lol:

Please let me believe    :lol:

"We understand that Ashley may even take a step back in the summer and leave discussions about the transfer budget and a new contract to managing director Lee Charnley."

According to the Chronicle. I doubt its true but him keeping his nose out and letting those two do what they did in the championship is the right move.

"We understand that Ashley may even take a step back in the summer and leave discussions about the transfer budget and a new contract to managing director Lee Charnley."

According to the Chronicle. I doubt its true but him keeping his nose out and letting those two do what they did in the championship is the right move.

if thats the case- it will be because there will be no nett spend IMo.

He's never really done that though.

Guest The Little Waster

Setting up Charnley to take the flak

:lol: Never heard that before.

Guest chopey

Imagine owning a big Premier league club with full houses every other week and it costs you nowt, not even time, that runs itself !! the likes of Ellis Short must be green with envy.

Guest Howaythetoon

Would love an Elon Musk to just come along and call Ashley’s bluff and offer £500m and see what happens. Would probably hike the price up to £750m.

Be over the moon with him as owner.

Easy worth that price. Staveleys fault for being cheap.

Just think our captain has gone from a £10m player to at least £30m and we now have a striker on loan which will fetch £20m plus and we'd have been lucky to see double figures before the loan.

We've not stood still, we've moved forward, that reflects in the price.

I know you dislike Staveley but this is all total bollocks.

Guest reefatoon

After seeing us all happy from last weeks result which pretty much makes us safe and also with us having a chuckle at Sunderland this weekend, he is just coming back on the scene to remind us we are not allowed to be happy.

Would love an Elon Musk to just come along and call Ashley’s bluff and offer £500m and see what happens. Would probably hike the price up to £750m.

Be over the moon with him as owner.

In all fairness he'd probably relocate us to the moon for shits and giggles.

Just think our captain has gone from a £10m player to at least £30m and we now have a striker on loan which will fetch £20m plus and we'd have been lucky to see double figures before the loan.

I hope she still buys the club, doubt it though, it was never as serious as we were led to believe. Don’t see what’s wrong with saying our squad is worth more now than when the takeover was supposed to be happening. Even the likes of Dummetts value will have rocketed. What about shelvey? Lejuene? Diame?

Like it or not the club is worth more now than then.

I hope she still buys the club, doubt it though, it was never as serious as we were led to believe. Don’t see what’s wrong with saying our squad is worth more now than when the takeover was supposed to be happening. Even the likes of Dummetts value will have rocketed. What about shelvey? Lejuene? Diame?

You didn’t say squad though, you hoyed in a couple of horrific examples and I would never have suggested it wasn’t worth more. I don’t think many would.

If Rafa leaves because he doesn't get the backing he needs and the new manager turns out to be the idiot they probably will be, unless they are given substantial investment, we'll get relegated and the club will be worth fuck all.

If it's worth more it's only because of the work Rafa has done, give that squad to a Pardew/McClaren and it will be worth a lot less.

Rafa will only hang around for significant investment which is something Ashley isn't prepared to do.

So the increased value is dependent on retaining Rafa and keeping him happy.

That’s not as unreasonable as I was expecting, to be fair. Just back up to his original price isn’t it?

Obviously nobody will pay that.

Which is fine as long as he stops pretending he wants to sell the club, he clearly doesn't.

You didn’t say squad though, you hoyed in a couple of horrific examples and I would never have suggested it wasn’t worth more. I don’t think many would.

So it’s not total bollocks then? Just I didn’t go listing all the players I thought had improved.

Think you were a bit too eager to jump on my post. Standard stuff.