Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His asset, unfortunately, he's perfectly entitled to set the price.

History could end up showing she fucked up by not getting us while the going was cheap, instead of putting out stories in the media with some ridiculous % chance of us being relegated attached to them as reason not to bid higher (edit: 65% chance mentioned in a FT article back in December, which in fractional odds is 8/15. For reference Southampton are around that level now, being 4 points adrift with 4 games remaining and a worse goal difference than Swansea).

They were both tossing about, not just Fat Mike.

Still think it's over priced, we have a load of dead wood we can't shift and the team has three loan players that would take around £40m of investment to secure to just standstill. Then we need at least 3 or 4 new faces to take us up a level to compete, whatever that costs plus £40m is going to be an expensive starting point.

Its like KK says, no one ever sees the money and its all untuths and half turths.  if they spent as much time helping Rafa (and other pervious managers) as they do making his life awkward with PR then we'd probably never have been relegated.

They (Ashley and his bum chums) have a very strange outlook on how to run a club.  Its almost like they want it 4th bottom every season and will to run that risk of taking a relegation every few years.

Very odd.

Guest The Little Waster

Having gambled on Newcastle surviving the drop this season, it is understood Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will be looking to recoup between £380-£400m from the sale of the club, which is significantly more than the £300m that was offered by Staveley last October.( Sky Sports News )

Twas ever thus ... bye bye Jamal bye bye Rafa bye bye Amanda bye bye hope ...

Great guy though, is Mike. 

Mike saw Noocawsew safe thanks to his already blue passport, his English nous and amazing investment in overpriced stars despite the sickening harassment and frankly borderline illegal threats made by a lucky migrant he'd awarded a contract too. Noocawsew are doing amazing under his stewardship. Many clubs would die for an owner that ploughed billions in to their club and left them nearly debt free. Their hideous fans who hounded out princes of the British game like Souey and beloved Al Pards do not deserve such a fine specimen as owner and should be extremely careful what they wish for.

Typical Newcastle, us fans never allowed to be happy for a longer time. There's always something around the corner :lol: :( Don't want to imagine it, but I find it hard to feel positive about the future.. At least it will be on Rafa's terms :thup: Whether that is with or without him remains to be seen. At least he's no fucking ass licker talking the club down.

Guest firetotheworks

The club's for sale in the same sense that my car that's valued at around £2,500 and needs an M.O.T is for sale for £4,000. In other words, it's not really for sale.

Exactly what we all said would happen.

Yup. Why the surprised reactions?

Doubt that people are surprised tbh. Just commenting on what was expected more or less. Surprised that some think people are surprised...

Guest The Little Waster

Unfortunately the only way he will sell is if we do a Sunderland and drop 2 divisions losing £££ in the process . Face facts : whilst he makes £ out of us hes never going to sell .

The club's for sale in the same sense that my car that's valued at around £2,500 and needs an M.O.T is for sale for £4,000. In other words, it's not really for sale.

Read that as "my cat that's valued at around £2,500" and thought fuck, that's an expensive cat. Then I thought, hang on, why would a cat need an MOT, and went back and reread it.

Easy worth that price. Staveleys fault for being cheap.

Just think our captain has gone from a £10m player to at least £30m and we now have a striker on loan which will fetch £20m plus and we'd have been lucky to see double figures before the loan.

We've not stood still, we've moved forward, that reflects in the price.

The optimist in me sees that as positive news. Rafa has gone to Ashley and asked for a budget to start transfer deals on time for once. So Ashley has said you can have 80-100 mill and added it to the asking price so this time it doesn`t slow transfers down. That way if the club sale starts negotiations during transfers any purchases are included. 

The optimist in me sees that as positive news. Rafa has gone to Ashley and asked for a budget to start transfer deals on time for once. So Ashley has said you can have 80-100 mill and added it to the asking price so this time it doesn`t slow transfers down. That way if the club sale starts negotiations during transfers any purchases are included. 

:lol: :lol: