Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wouldn't be against Kenyon at all.

One of the other notable aspects of Kenyon's time in charge was the fact that the club dismissed their rigid wage structure and spent large sums of money on players such as Juan Sebastián Verón and Rio Ferdinand. During his time in his role, the club actually became one of the most financially stable, while simultaneously expanding their global appeal.

If true and he comes to us with a similar attitude I don't think anyone will grumble.

Guest neesy111

One of the other notable aspects of Kenyon's time in charge was the fact that the club dismissed their rigid wage structure and spent large sums of money on players such as Juan Sebastián Verón and Rio Ferdinand. During his time in his role, the club actually became one of the most financially stable, while simultaneously expanding their global appeal.

If true and he comes to us with a similar attitude I don't think anyone will grumble.

Does help when your the biggest football club in the world mind to be able to that.

Does help when your the biggest football club in the world mind to be able to that.

Any club of any size can dismiss their wage structure. We're probably one of the easiest clubs in the world to do that at.

When his name was first mentioned a couple of month back, was there any mention of who his backers  were ?

Pretty sure the Rockefeller lot were mentioned when the rumours first emerged yeah

Sounds to me if the Kenyon interest is real then he's struggling to find the finance for the deal.

BBC reporting about him also this morning:

When was it first rumoured he was interested? About two month ago maybe?

Day of the Leicester home game.

He hardly looks very sincere in that interview, not that he ever does.

Hard to believe any of this bullshit really. However, given the price now being quoted, it would not surprise me if Ashley has now taken his loans (or most of them) out of the club which might explain the serious lack of spending, especially this season and the profits made.

If he has, that certainly puts us in a more likely position to be sold.

One can only hope!

Guest neesy111

He hardly looks very sincere in that interview, not that he ever does.

Hard to believe any of this bullshit really. However, given the price now being quoted, it would not surprise me if Ashley has now taken his loans (or most of them) out of the club which might explain the serious lack of spending, especially this season and the profits made.

If he has, that certainly puts us in a more likely position to be sold.

One can only hope!

Those loans mean nothing in terms of selling.  Actually it's better for him have those loans than use clubs money to pay them back for tax purposes.

Newcastle-Online Exclusive.

First picture of the 4 competing bidders.

zmCkLeR.jpg

:lol: Really hope it’s Zippy.

George looks like he's tapped out.

When his name was first mentioned a couple of month back, was there any mention of who his backers  were ?

Pretty sure the Rockefeller lot were mentioned when the rumours first emerged yeah

The Rockerfeller Group were mentioned on the radio again this morning in regards to the Kenyon story.

Not that i believe any of this utter horseshit but say it is genuine, Ashley said that a bidder would have to prove the funds were in place before they got to look at the books, right? So it makes no difference if a formal bid has been made as long as proof of funds has been shown. If Kenyon's lot are already in talks then i'm guessing the money is already in place?