Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He hardly looks very sincere in that interview, not that he ever does.

Hard to believe any of this bullshit really. However, given the price now being quoted, it would not surprise me if Ashley has now taken his loans (or most of them) out of the club which might explain the serious lack of spending, especially this season and the profits made.

If he has, that certainly puts us in a more likely position to be sold.

One can only hope!

Those loans mean nothing in terms of selling.  Actually it's better for him have those loans than use clubs money to pay them back for tax purposes.

They do have an impact when it comes to the sale. Any potential buyer would have to either up the price to get MA to write off the loans or have the funds to service the loans after they've bought it.

It's better for Ashley to write them off as part of the sale as he'll pay less tax in getting his money out at the point of sale.

I've been aware of some news around this takeover for a little while. It's genuine.

Whether it will happen or not I cannot say because Ashley but I can say with 100% certainty that Kenyon and a consortium have been heavily engaged in the process for a while.

I made a handful of people on here aware of this about a few weeks ago, I'm sure they will vouch for me.....

Can't see anything happening before January, so there'll most likely be another window where the manager doesn't get what he requires to try and keep us in the league. If whoever it is is serious, they need to get a wriggle on.

you only need an agreement in principle or whatever though, MA agrees to loan money for transfers to be repaid...was what citeh did wasn't it?

i mean it's not happening anyway but not inconceivable a deal could be agreed in 2 more weeks if they've been talking for a few months already

just remember, if this goes through the people that deserve 100% of the credit are those who did the 11 minute walkin, it's shook him to his core

Not sure if serious? :dowiespin:

Well it certainly wasn’t the silent majority, was it?

No, obviously not. But it most definitely wasn't a half-baked walk-in attempt either, with about 200 participants.

Just to clarify, I'm all for protest action and have been involved in a few things with TMG, but genuinely don't understand the point of the walk-in or boycott protests. Everyone's already paid. Plus they create division in the fanbase, because people rightly or wrongly still want to go and support the team. Ashley literally won't give a fuck if they show up or not as long as the money is already paid. Protests that get at his other business interests... I'm all for those.

Stick to actions that will force him out his hole and into the PR no mans land he eventually operates. The man undoes himself given the opportunity. To quote Malcolm Tucker 'Who did your media training? Moira Hyndely?'

Ooooof.so close.