Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't get it!

Kenyon is willing to pay £200M and an extra £100M if we reach Champions League in 10 years. And Ashley is willing to take installments. Why doesn't Kenyon pay £200M now and an extra £100M in the summer when we get the TV-money.

Problem solved!?

It's quite simple really: There is no bid, this is all nonsense and spin designed appease the fans and to allow another transfer window to pass without us doing any of that silly "transfer" stuff.

Once you accept that, everything that happens, every leak, and every article in the papers all makes perfect sense.

:clap: :clap:

I don't get it!

Kenyon is willing to pay £200M and an extra £100M if we reach Champions League in 10 years. And Ashley is willing to take installments. Why doesn't Kenyon pay £200M now and an extra £100M in the summer when we get the TV-money.

Problem solved!?

It's quite simple really: There is no bid, this is all nonsense and spin designed appease the fans and to allow another transfer window to pass without us doing any of that silly "transfer" stuff.

Once you accept that, everything that happens, every leak, and every article in the papers all makes perfect sense.

Classic Occams Razor?

Alleged (by the Chronicle and others........) to be 4 interested parties and yet the most suitable is knocking on doors to drum up the extra monies needed to keep Mike happy?

There's lots that doesn't add up but suffice to say that this is a total clusterfuck.

Guest neesy111

Alleged (by the Chronicle and others........) to be 4 interested parties and yet the most suitable is knocking on doors to drum up the extra monies needed to keep Mike happy?

There's lots that doesn't add up but suffice to say that this is a total clusterfuck.

:thup:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenyon and Ashley are mates tbh. Think it's a more realistic prospect than this farce actually being a serious attempt to sell/buy a football club.

Tend to believe this too, although still not sure why Kenyon would play along so much.

I don't get it!

Problem solved!?

Classic Occams Razor?

The explanation with the least assumptions here is not a multiparty conspiracy puppetmastered by Bishop atop his throne in Castle Grayskull. The easiest explanation is Ashley is a cunt who's not selling up and doesn't mind stringing people along.

The end result is the same - a window of no spending - but everyone being an actor in his great deceptive play is a bit much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenyon and Ashley are mates tbh. Think it's a more realistic prospect than this farce actually being a serious attempt to sell/buy a football club.

Ashley is a Chelsea fan so you would imagine they would’ve crossed paths a fair few times at the very least.  He could easily be part of the bullshit.

Guest firetotheworks

Everyone's always so eager to believe in these insane conspiracies like. :lol: As if it's impossible that a buyer could be genuine and a seller not, they both MUST be in on it. It's all a bit Alex Jones.

Everyone's always so eager to believe in these insane conspiracies like. :lol: As if it's impossible that a buyer could be genuine and a seller not, they both MUST be in on it. It's all a bit Alex Jones.

They’re not really “insane” though are they?  Considering the lies that have come from the club in the last 11 years.

They’re not really “insane” though are they?  Considering the lies that have come from the club in the last 11 years.

But those previous lies lean much more towards Ashley simply being a cunt stringing the buying party along than them being in cahoots with one another.

The explanations behind it beggars belief though. The idea that Kenyon is doing a favor for his mate is one thing, that the favor is an ongoing months-long misinformation campaign to stymie protests and anger over lack of transfers is another. 

I mean if they want to lie about a bidder, don't release details. "Mystery Bidder" and keep it at that. Every lie becomes harder to maintain the more you flesh it out. And when the lie involves more people it becomes harder to keep a lid on. If they didn't want to be sussed, this is the wrong way to go about it.

:thup: The 'it's all spin to not spend in January' I find hard to believe either. There was no takeover story in the summer, Ashley still didn't spend.

Guest firetotheworks

They are because they're bringing other people into Ashley's lies when there's absolutely no need to. It's perfectly reasonable to think that Kenyon's legitimate and Ashley's not, they don't have to be in on it together. The idea that they would be in on it together is the insane bit, not that Mike Ashley lies, that's a given.

They are because they're bringing other people into Ashley's lies when there's absolutely no need to. It's perfectly reasonable to think that Kenyon's legitimate and Ashley's not, they don't have to be in on it together. The idea that they would be in on it together is the insane bit, not that Mike Ashley lies, that's a given.

Well i think it’s POSSIBLE he is in on it.  The timing of the whole thing and some of the stuff coming out of the press stinks.  Add that to the fact that Ashley and Kenyon could easily be chums from the Chelsea boardroom and Kenyon’s silence on the whole matter makes me suspicious.  He’s had zero involvement in football for years now (as far as i know) so his reputation in the game means nothing anyway.

Time will tell, but my money would be on this takeover fizzling out in a few weeks and Kenyon not saying a thing about the whole saga, even months afterwards.

Guest firetotheworks

Well i think it’s POSSIBLE he is in on it.  The timing of the whole thing and some of the stuff coming out of the press stinks.  Add that to the fact that Ashley and Kenyon could easily be chums from the Chelsea boardroom and Kenyon’s silence on the whole matter makes me suspicious.  He’s had zero involvement in football for years now (as far as i know) so his reputation in the game means nothing anyway.

Time will tell but my money would be on this whole thing fizzling out and Kenyon not saying a thing about the whole saga, even months afterwards.

Well it's possible, albeit really unlikely. Like I say though, it's bizarre that people jump straight to it being an all-encompassing conspiracy that they're all in on, when it's far more likely that Kenyon and co are interested, but Ashley's the cunt that's using the situation to his advantage.

Time will tell but my money would be on this whole thing fizzling out and Kenyon not saying a thing about the whole saga, even months afterwards.

Well it's possible, albeit really unlikely. Like I say though, it's bizarre that people jump straight to it being an all-encompassing conspiracy that they're all in on, when it's far more likely that Kenyon and co are interested, but Ashley's the cunt that's using the situation to his advantage.

Like i say, time will tell.  If you’re correct then i’m sure we’ll hear something from the Kenyon camp about what happened.

Like i say, time will tell.  If you’re correct then i’m sure we’ll hear something from the Kenyon camp about what happened.

We won’t