Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

- What we don't know yet is whether the £300m is the headline figure or the WHOLE DEAL figure. This is a major issue. If it's really £200m up front with deferred payments, future contingencies etc then it won't be anywhere near as attractive as the figure indicates.

- However, if it starts at £300m, and then goes north when taking those issues above into account, then we'll near enough certainly have a new owner by Xmas.

Had a suspicion that was the case. The gross figure is often mentioned in any deal, basically to make it look bigger.

Whenever you hear of 'ABC Partners today bought Whoever Ltd in a deal worth £3.4m' the reality is the owners of Whoever Ltd probably got about £1.5m up front and then the remainder is based upon future performance of the business under it's new owners.

This is notoriously shaky ground as the new owners can do all sorts to make the business look less successful in the future.

No doubt Ashley will be protected to the nth degree on this matter but, even then, he'll have to accept some risk as this would never be a complete cash component deal.

Have we ever gotten this far before when he's put the club on the market?

Nobody else has even been close, remember Ashley insisted anyone interested had to buy a box. :lol:

Such a weirdo move too :lol:

Also just saw Craig Hope tweet from prior page...interesting that he says that and Sky say another.

Have we ever gotten this far before when he's put the club on the market?

Nobody else has even been close, remember Ashley insisted anyone interested had to buy a box. :lol:

Such a weirdo move too :lol:

Also just saw Craig Hope tweet from prior page...interesting that he says that and Sky say another.

The one thing this whole process has taught.me is that they haven't got a fucking clue between them.

IMO, if they take over we're going to pushing for European places every season and Rafa will be able to build this club the way it should be. Esp if this is Middle East capital providing the majority behind AS's stake - they will see it as personal mission to be successful and there will be ton of ego around that cash; it's how that type of capital reacts to their investments, esp one as high profile as PL football.

Wew, calm down a bit. :lol:

If it's Saudi or Middle East money that's how they react to high profile investments - it's been said by that Geordie Dentist lad on twitter and everything I've encountered in my line of work is that if it's indeed Sov. Wealth Fund money there will be so much ego behind it to be successful. Just my take man!

I think the Dentist was just getting his info from our mutual friend in the media based over there, as he met AS and spoke to her face to face. He wouldn't say where the money was coming from, but from what I understand, you're right about sovereign state money/possible Man City model.