Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just feels like this isn't going to work out. Obvs both sides want best deal for them, but gut feel is PCP have a ceiling of around £375m budget and from that need to buy the club, spend a chunk like £50m and deal with wages from that until next Prem gravy train arrives if we stay up. It doesn't look like they can or want go beyond £300m for the club sale.

I think Ashley, again, is thinking to hold out. Just like last January he got lucky, he thinks he can sell the club for his price or stay up and get the extra 100m on the cheap. Going down and losing Rafa is the gamble lost but he's shown nothing after twice going down like he is afraid of that outcome. It's worth the punt to him.

Praying I'm wrong and perhaps our slide down the table forces our sale quicker.

Thing is why should they when it's not worth that extra 50 million - would you pay an extra 50K on a house just because the owner thinks it's worth it - no you would move on and look at other options which is what PCP will do unless Ashley really wants to get out now which looks like it is not the case. It has nothing to do with what they can or cannot afford - they have a value and won't go drastically above that and why should they due to one mans greed. Thing is in this scenario theireare 2 losers; the fans and Ashley as come 12 months there is a very strong chance that he will be the owner of a championship club worth half the current value.

Thanks for pretty much making my own points back to me in a condescending way. :lol: :thup:

I'm not judging PCP here. They are entitled to offer what they want. I feel Ahsley is over pricing the club, so ultimately think he's the issue rather than PCP being dicks and low balling. Never said they couldn't afford price X, just that they likely have a price they aren't willing to exceed which is looking to be lower than Ashley's. it's obvious PCP have deep pockets, but can't budge from their valuation and ceiling for buying us. Would be shocked if they caved and gave Ashley his price.

The offer, if reports are accurate, doesn't reflect brilliantly on PCP imho.

If they're low-balling on day 1, what kind of owners will they be?

What is with this narrative that sensible business is offering the asking price straight away? :lol:

I get the feeling it will happen in the summer, unless Ashley is prepared to offer January funds with Pcp paying him back if we stay in the premier, and if not then dont pay him jack. And that will be the evidence he got the valuation completely wrong.

Id just say take 250 now and fund Benitez with a further 50m, if the club stay up we give it you back totalling 300m.

If not then he cant be serious about selling us. He must know no further investment will see us go down, because Rafa will lose interest fast.

:thup:

If it'll be done it'll probably be the summer if we're still a Premier League club. Money has to be available next month to ensure that though. Rafa may be able to work with the figure Craig Hope has been told he'll get if Ashley still owns the club next month and will be able to garner more from sales, which will be Mitrovic and hopefully plodders taking up a wage such as Colback.

Yeah seriously though there are some players here that need moving if they are likely not to ever be used.

Haidara,Saivet,Colback as you mentioned.

I think we could seriously sell any player if the price was right, there is no player here that is indispensable.

Take Perez for example what the hell is his real role, the lad used to be a promising striker, he is now a nothing footballer, minimal chance creation,not enough goals, not enough assists, falls to the ground if he feels perspiration hit him.

Just feels like this isn't going to work out. Obvs both sides want best deal for them, but gut feel is PCP have a ceiling of around £375m budget and from that need to buy the club, spend a chunk like £50m and deal with wages from that until next Prem gravy train arrives if we stay up. It doesn't look like they can or want go beyond £300m for the club sale.

I think Ashley, again, is thinking to hold out. Just like last January he got lucky, he thinks he can sell the club for his price or stay up and get the extra 100m on the cheap. Going down and losing Rafa is the gamble lost but he's shown nothing after twice going down like he is afraid of that outcome. It's worth the punt to him.

Thing is why should they when it's not worth that extra 50 million - would you pay an extra 50K on a house just because the owner thinks it's worth it - no you would move on and look at other options which is what PCP will do unless Ashley really wants to get out now which looks like it is not the case. It has nothing to do with what they can or cannot afford - they have a value and won't go drastically above that and why should they due to one mans greed. Thing is in this scenario theireare 2 losers; the fans and Ashley as come 12 months there is a very strong chance that he will be the owner of a championship club worth half the current value.

Thanks for pretty much making my own points back to me in a condescending way. :lol: :thup:

I'm not judging PCP here. They are entitled to offer what they want. I feel Ahsley is over pricing the club, so ultimately think he's the issue rather than PCP being dicks and low balling. Never said they couldn't afford price X, just that they likely have a price they aren't willing to exceed which is looking to be lower than Ashley's. it's obvious PCP have deep pockets, but can't budge from their valuation and ceiling for buying us. Would be shocked if they caved and gave Ashley his price.

Wasn’t meant to be condescending and when you say PCP can’t make the money required I disagreed as I think they can but don’t want to as they think the club is worth only so much. If you didn’t mean it that way maybe you should have taken out the can’t and just left it at won’t.

Of course he doesn't. We're not in the bottom three (or worse, at risk of qualifying for Europe) and despite his plans being absolutely shit on TWICE the manager hasn't resigned.

Everything's going fine.

Unless something dramatic happens by say the end of next week, I think it'll all be off until the summer anyway. It'll be too risky for PCP and Ashley will be content to gamble on staying up and the club being worth more with a clean slate at the end of the season. He'll allow Rafa to spend a little in January to try and arrest this current form and we'll be shitting it until May.

It might well be enough. Guess who wins again.

Wasn’t meant to be condescending and when you say PCP can’t make the money required I disagreed as I think they can but don’t want to as they think the club is worth only so much. If you didn’t mean it that way maybe you should have taken out the can’t and just left it at won’t.

No worries fella. When I said didn't think they can or want to go past £300m I'm referring to their valuation/cap/budget or whatever for buying us. I'm fully aware how much money they have access to, I'm not suggesting they don't have cash to go past £300m, but sort of see how the "can" bit in what

I wrote could be read like that.

Unless something dramatic happens by say the end of next week, I think it'll all be off until the summer anyway. It'll be too risky for PCP and Ashley will be content to gamble on staying up and the club being worth more with a clean slate at the end of the season. He'll allow Rafa to spend a little in January to try and arrest this current form and we'll be shitting it until May.

It might well be enough. Guess who wins again.

Sadly, spot on. :thup:

On top Mike will hike the asking price in the summer. He will see it as holding better cards to play with more PL money in the bank.

I honestly don't think Mike realises it's s*** or bust.

And none of the lickspittles around him have the balls to stand up to him and tell him.

No worries fella. When I said didn't think they can or want to go past £300m I'm referring to their valuation/cap/budget or whatever for buying us. I'm fully aware how much money they have access to, I'm not suggesting they don't have cash to go past £300m, but sort of see how the "can" bit in what

I wrote could be read like that.

:thup:

I think Mike knows only too well that it's shit or bust. He's trying to play hardball cause he's the big business wanker who never backs down.

Unfortunately for him, and possibly us, PCP can see right through him. They know that he needs to sell, and quickly.

It will happen. Mike has apparently dropped his price several times, which for him is rare.

PCP are just taking their time, getting as low a price as possible. I can see a situation where it's done during the middle of January.

It will happen. Mike has apparently dropped his price several times, which for him is rare.

PCP are just taking their time, getting as low a price as possible. I can see a situation where it's done during the middle of January.

Yeah might be a classic Ashley thing and he'll let it go through really late when he's either dragged more money out of them or it's become clear they won't blink first.

PVP aren't going to interested in a fast deal on February the 1st. So both sides are going to have to decided if they want a deal now or in the summer, which by then, the whole game will have changed because our premiership fate will have been decided.

PVP aren't going to interested in a fast deal on February the 1st. So both sides are going to have to decided if they want a deal now or in the summer, which by then, the whole game will have changed because our premiership fate will have been decided.

You'd imagine PCP have a drop dead date in mind where they could agree the deal and manage to force through deals for players to keep us up.

Anyone else thinking 'here we go again' another load of lies so we don't have to spend money in January.

Make the price too high, at least we tried etc.

You'd imagine Ashley will have spent more during this whole process than he would have personally invested in January anyway.

However, the whole reason he's selling the club is because he's a tight cunt.

Why does it have to be now or summer? Couldn't it be March or April?

Why does it have to be now or summer? Couldn't it be March or April?

Of course it could be, but once it reaches February it's not in PCPs interest to do a deal quickly because there's nothing they can do about the short term success on the pitch, with the window closed.

I'd imagine they will want to see how the season plays out before making their move. Worst case scenario for PCP will be buying the club in March and being able to do nothing about us getting relegated.