Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those pics look like a deal's been done, to me. Not sure if it's the deal we all want, like.

Or at least significant progress has been made.

To me, and granted I may be reading too much into it, her having a new bottle of whatever is like a 'let me buy you a little something as a thanks' which is kind of a thing with big agreements personally agreed. She could buy a bottle anywhere...so to me that's a gift.

I’d love to be able to believe that but we all know if it was from Ashley it would be a half bottle of blue nun

Remember Ashley agrees on deals over a pint or a curry... It's how he does business.

This is really positive, I'd say we're done and it'll be announced tomorrow or later today.

Looked like Amanda was taking a bottle home to celebrate as well.

Remember Ashley agrees on deals over a pint or a curry... It's how he does business.

This is really positive, I'd say we're done and it'll be announced tomorrow or later today.

That's a very good shout to be honest, probably more movement to a final deal in last nights curry and pint than weeks of legal/financial teams working on it. :lol:

Reading that article and it made me wonder; is mike's wife really called Laura? Laura Ashley? Really?

Typical Sun typo. Her name is Linda (mad woman).

And she's not his wife, they're divorced.

They got married again.

Good stuff. Now the main issue is whether PCP can somehow wangle some money into the club coffers for January before the takeover assuming everything is agreed. I would imagine they would rather avoid going down so that would be preferable to a relegation clause.

Those pics look like a deal's been done, to me. Not sure if it's the deal we all want, like.

To me, and granted I may be reading too much into it, her having a new bottle of whatever is like a 'let me buy you a little something as a thanks' which is kind of a thing with big agreements personally agreed. She could buy a bottle anywhere...so to me that's a gift.

A gift, from a billionaire to a multi millionairess, of a bottle of wine bought from the cellar of a bargain basement curry house? Ha!

More like a thrifty Yorkshire lass taking home the dregs of the bottle she's had a couple of glasses out of.

Reading that article and it made me wonder; is mike's wife really called Laura? Laura Ashley? Really?

They got married again.

Marrying Mike Ashley twice, what an absolute lunatic. That's worse than hiring Joe Kinnear twice.

They got married again.

Marrying Mike Ashley twice, what an absolute lunatic. That's worse than hiring Joe Kinnear twice.

I wonder what she sees in the billionaire Mike Ashley.

They got married again.

He is selling the club for about £300m, that’s £150m if she divorces him again.

They got married again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/41a84e0f663aaac2c316f1d7af6d902047c38fac.jpg

:smitten:

They got married again.

Wallpaper?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/41a84e0f663aaac2c316f1d7af6d902047c38fac.jpg

:smitten:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/12f67b56b287eae3b0b0614b30ff7d7bb66e1b15.jpg

"Oooh, Mike loves a good curry, but he cant eat a Madras, cos of his spastic colon. Why cant you eat them Mike?"

"Me spastic colon"

A gift, from a billionaire to a multi millionairess, of a bottle of wine bought from the cellar of a bargain basement curry house? Ha!

More like a thrifty Yorkshire lass taking home the dregs of the bottle she's had a couple of glasses out of.

I had a look into the curry house during my office purgatory today and apparently loads of famous people are regulars there. Kate Moss was one.

I had a look into the curry house during my office purgatory today and apparently loads of famous people are regulars there. Kate Moss was one.

Hehe, had too much time on my hands this morning at work ,and been trying to find out what it was, as it looks more like a bottle of Vodka, or other Liqueur... cant find it though..... just to see if it was an expensive 'deal done' type, or a cheap Sports Direct type brand. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Positive news.

I agree with LFEE though when he says it all looks a bit staged. I don't think the whole thing was like, but who was Richard Desmond punching the air to? You'd think he's either doing that to someone else, or the cameras. No one punches the air like that to themselves do they? :lol: It's all a bit 'jet fuel can't melt steel beams' like, but that one bit seemed a bit odd without seeing the whole thing happen.

That's a very good shout to be honest, probably more movement to a final deal in last nights curry and pint than weeks of legal/financial teams working on it. :lol:

Absolutely. The team have got it close enough to have an informal face to face, now it's all about the key characters doing business. It's Ashley's setting, he chose this and it looks like both parties left with smiles on their faces... Certainly no anamosity between them.

All go imo.. Mcouldnt have asked for better news bar confirmation. 

Click bait...

/Odin

Very. Although this is the first piece of news which has any sort of proof whatsoever that this is happening.

It's very positive news, all looks very relaxed.

My take on this would be that maybe over the last few weeks the deal has been on the verge of collapse and the whole fist pumping on the way out means that everyone is now back at the table.

Probably a lot of work to do before a deal ever takes place.

But this could possibly indicate that PCP, or Staveley or whoever is behind the deal doesn't have nearly as much cash as we or Rafa would want to seriously make a massive impact.

Maybe this group are going to be part investors alongside Ashley? (Until they have the cash to buy him out completely)

Click bait...

/Odin

Very. Although this is the first piece of news which has any sort of proof whatsoever that this is happening.

It's very positive news, all looks very relaxed.

My take on this would be that maybe over the last few weeks the deal has been on the verge of collapse and the whole fist pumping on the way out means that everyone is now back at the table.

Probably a lot of work to do before a deal ever takes place.

But this could possibly indicate that PCP, or Staveley or whoever is behind the deal doesn't have nearly as much cash as we or Rafa would want to seriously make a massive impact.

Maybe this group are going to be part investors alongside Ashley? (Until they have the cash to buy him out completely)

The last two bits are a bit wild in speculation.

Anyway, the club doesn't need massive investment, it just needs an owner that actually wants to do well and well let it spend its own money rather than putting blocks on everything. Ashley could have done fine without investing his own money