Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's been an underlying inevitability that it will happen for some time, the curry date all but confirmed it but quoted prices and time frames remain little more than conjecture from hacks desperate to have a story.

Just out of interest, why is there so much dislike of Charnley and eagerness that he goes?

He may well of course, but hasn't Rafa commented on more than one occasion that they have a very good relationship ?

Okay he comes across as a typical boring bean counter (apparently he even makes his missus pay for a ticket) but those who know him seem to like the guy and running the club between Ashley and Rafa must be quite an achievement in itself.

True. He's definitely under-qualified for the position but definitely agree with the bit in bold. I don't think anybody could manage that relationship any/much better at all, whatever their qualifications.

Just demote him back to wherever he was previously. He's just a nowt character.

I would not be against the possibility of Charley staying on in some capacity at least in the interim, albeit in a more behind the scenes supporting role.

The role of assistant tea lady would be great for him.

I would not be against the possibility of Charley staying on in some capacity at least in the interim, albeit in a more behind the scenes supporting role.

I was going to post an angry response until I read your last sentence.

I'm as guilty as the next man for saying that NUFC never gets any luck and good things don't happen to us, but bloody hell someone was smiling on us the day Rafa had a thought in his head that he fancied taking us on as a project.

There's been an underlying inevitability that it will happen for some time, the curry date all but confirmed it but quoted prices and time frames remain little more than conjecture from hacks desperate to have a story.

Just out of interest, why is there so much dislike of Charnley and eagerness that he goes?

He may well of course, but hasn't Rafa commented on more than one occasion that they have a very good relationship ?

Okay he comes across as a typical boring bean counter (apparently he even makes his missus pay for a ticket) but those who know him seem to like the guy and running the club between Ashley and Rafa must be quite an achievement in itself.

True. He's definitely under-qualified for the position but definitely agree with the bit in bold. I don't think anybody could manage that relationship any/much better at all, whatever their qualifications.

Just demote him back to wherever he was previously. He's just a nowt character.

:thup:  He's the MD equivalent of John Charver, promoted to his position because it was cheaper and easier to manage than hiring someone with genuine credentials.

It is true I briefly considered recommending him for the tea lady position but felt it was a bit too high powered for him and that he would struggle with the pressure of filling the shoes of legendary Kath Cassidy

Guest firetotheworks

:love:

Even further vindication for the SackPardew lot to give themselves another justifiably smug pat on the back iyam. :shifty:

It is true I briefly considered recommending him for the tea lady position but felt it was a bit too high powered for him and that he would struggle with the pressure of filling the shoes of legendary Kath Cassidy

:)