Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

[emoji38] How long do people think a deal like this should take to negotiate and close? I mean as a fan it's frustrating, but objectively it doesn't seem to be moving unreasonably slowly.

Going to make another meaningless predicton that by the time we play Burnley (h) on transfer deadline day, it'll be done and dusted. Obviously PCP have hopefully by then stuck some money in for transfers.

Ashley is going on Holiday? :lol:

Which, you would think, lends support to the idea that a deal isn't that far from agreed, if not already, following on from 'curry night'.

If negotiations were still at a distance, then surely they wouldn't have met, and/or him be disappearing on holiday.

Guest firetotheworks

Edwards strikes me as the sort of person that thinks he's doing the world a favour by simply performing tasks that are in his job description.

Ashley is going on Holiday? :lol:

Didn't he already go on holiday?

Aye, after the meeting over the curry. Remember reading somewhere that he's back.

Luke Edwards' charisma and knowledge about the takeover is about as existent as hairs on his head.

I always get mixed up with Caulkin, Edwards and co. Which journos are actually worth listening too/have a decent track record.

Stopped following what journos say since that bird with the tits turned out to be full of shit.

I have no issue with any of these journalists updates in theory it’s the delivery of them by Edwards that is so idiotic. Like he’s the almighty source and people need to pipe down and not get anxious or excited.

It’s our fucking club, he’s only a reporter up in the region. Of course we’re on edge - we’ve dealt with 10 years of Ashley bull shit and there’s a glimmer of hope he’ll finally be gone and some hope we may kick on.

I have no issue with any of these journalists updates in theory it’s the delivery of them by Edwards that is so idiotic. Like he’s the almighty source and people need to pipe down and not get anxious or excited.

It’s our f***ing club, he’s only a reporter up in the region. Of course we’re on edge - we’ve dealt with 10 years of Ashley bull s*** and there’s a glimmer of hope he’ll finally be gone and some hope we may kick on.

Its the whole twitter self importance thing.

It’s weird to me that The Telegraph keeps letting Edwards write for them when he’s constantly wrong about us. Compared to Caulkin, Hope, Downie, etc. his stories are always more negative or flat out wrong. Not sure if it’s him or just his club sources are feeding him bad info because the club still wants him banned.

Either way, it’s barely been over 24 hours since we initially found out a deal was almost done. Definitely thought it would at least be a few days before people started the inevitable doom and gloom.

If there’s an agreement in place.. which there is, it really doesn’t matter when the deal is concluded.

Ashley will back Rafa with a guarantee from PCP..

We'll have money to spend.

The 30m figure was probably put out there so clubs don’t get carried away with their valuations. We might have 80 million to spend, but that’s not much anymore.

Considering how poor our squad is..

It’s weird to me that The Telegraph keeps letting Edwards write for them when he’s constantly wrong about us.

As if they care about that. :lol:

I mean, it’s basically his one job to get things right and he doesn’t. Assumed they were a paper of some respectability even if it is for Tories. Maybe it’s just because their website doesn’t look like an 8-year old who just discovered clip art made it

It’s weird to me that The Telegraph keeps letting Edwards write for them when he’s constantly wrong about us.

As if they care about that. :lol:

I mean, it’s basically his one job to get things right and he doesn’t. Assumed they were a paper of some respectability even if it is for Tories. Maybe it’s just because their website doesn’t look like an 8-year old who just discovered clip art made it

:yao: Journos job is to get clicks, not get things right.