Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deal is already done, clauses or no clauses, it’s all agreed and just taking time to process. It’s moved on to transfer targets, all of this talk is irrelevant.

Is this just your feeling or something you know. I am hoping it's something you know.

What do you think? ????

Shearer saying "if the new owners are to take over" seems like a bit of a slip.

How so?

He seemed to say that they (Amanda's army) want Rafa with some conviction, almost as if he had spoken to them himself. We're all just desperate to make positive inferences about absolutely anything though. :lol:

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’d spoken to them at all. I just don’t see how what he said can be construed as a slip? Nothing he said implied to me that the deal is 100% done and just waiting to be announced. I might be wrong (hope I am!)

It's clearly nonsense, if those are the investors they would not care about the valuation or any clauses. They would pay whatever is needed to get the deal done, it's loose change for them.

Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum's dad was apparently interested in buying the club in 2008 but was put off by the £480m asking price. Even though they're vastly wealthy, they'll not be willing to just pay anything to get the deal done.

Not indicating any of the above is true, but the Dubai royal family have clearly been looking to buy a premier league club for a while, and have reportedly been interested in us in the past.

I'm at ease with the fact that we'll not hear anything official until mid to late January.

They are (IMO) clearly managing the transfer window situation to try and avoid other club's massively inflating prices just because we have new owners.

I agree that it’s probably a done deal now too. I reckon the curry house photo was carefully orchestrated to coincide with the fact they’d shook on a deal. I also reckon we will use the loan market to our advantage in the window too as the players we bring in will be to do a job, ie keep us in the Premier League and might not be part of the “project” vision.

Do what we need to do this year, and have a good go next season. I’ve followed Newcastle for over 30 years and I’ve lost count the amount of times that line has been rolled out, but with some sensible spending and new impetus under new owners maybe this time we have reason to believe.

Deal is already done, clauses or no clauses, it’s all agreed and just taking time to process. It’s moved on to transfer targets, all of this talk is irrelevant.

Is this just your feeling or something you know. I am hoping it's something you know.

What do you think? ????

Not sure that's why I asked  ???

What do you think? ????

Nobody on here knows anything from inside the deal. Nobody.

HTT does ;)

What do you think? ????

Nobody on here knows anything from inside the deal. Nobody.

HTT does ;)

HTT stands for Hopeless Tittle Tattle  :lol:

I'm at ease with the fact that we'll not hear anything official until mid to late January.

They are (IMO) clearly managing the transfer window situation to try and avoid other club's massively inflating prices just because we have new owners.

I can’t really see this approach work, might just be me. I mean, everybody and their dog surely knows we’re in the process of being taken over? Going after the quality of player we need to ensure we stay up will surely show our hand anyway? Why would their prices be lower if it’s Charnley doing the negotiating rather than Staveley (or another newly appointed person)? If anything I wouldn’t trust Ashley & co to actually complete the deals we need based on their track record if it was effectively my club in anything but name. I understand not boasting about a massive “war chest” or wholesale changes just yet (if indeed the plan is to dramatically transform the way the club is run), but not so much how delaying the announcement would help us in the transfer market.

My two pence is it’s not fully agreed (yet, hopefully).

I don't see how it's clear they're managing the transfer window. Our only seriously linked target is Kenedy on loan which is a rehash of the summer. If Kenedy comes in on loan as the first signing it's a clear signal it's still Ashley pinching the pennies.

I can’t really see this approach work, might just be me. I mean, everybody and their dog surely knows we’re in the process of being taken over? Going after the quality of player we need to ensure we stay up will surely show our hand anyway? Why would their prices be lower if it’s Charnley doing the negotiating rather than Staveley (or another newly appointed person)? If anything I wouldn’t trust Ashley & co to actually complete the deals we need based on their track record if it was effectively my club in anything but name. I understand not boasting about a massive “war chest” or wholesale changes just yet (if indeed the plan is to dramatically transform the way the club is run), but not so much how delaying the announcement would help us in the transfer market.

Masters of disguise Ant 'n' Dec could disguise Staveley as Charnley for the neotiations.

I don't see how it's clear they're managing the transfer window. Our only seriously linked target is Kenedy on loan which is a rehash of the summer. If Kenedy comes in on loan as the first signing it's a clear signal it's still Ashley pinching the pennies.

I don't get this either. If we go for ambitious targets it'll be pretty obvious anyway. Plus clubs won't do us great deals just because we're owned by a wallpaper merchant.

I can't really argue with any of that mate. I've only formed that opinion because I cannot think of any other reason why there has been no announcement.

I am of course assuming that the deal has been completed.

It's clearly nonsense, if those are the investors they would not care about the valuation or any clauses. They would pay whatever is needed to get the deal done, it's loose change for them.

Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum's dad was apparently interested in buying the club in 2008 but was put off by the £480m asking price. Even though they're vastly wealthy, they'll not be willing to just pay anything to get the deal done.

Not indicating any of the above is true, but the Dubai royal family have clearly been looking to buy a premier league club for a while, and have reportedly been interested in us in the past.

iirc he was put off by Ashley and his arsehole ways, don't think price was the issue.

Another thing to add, the names on that list don't strike me as the kind of people that would share things, they'd want it all. Whoever sent that text just googled a few rich people from the middle east and cobbled them together without much thought.

Guest Howaythetoon

I know fuck all other than that it’s done. No one knows the ins and outs or even who will be our owner. I have a bit of guesswork like the rest.

I can't really argue with any of that mate. I've only formed that opinion because I cannot think of any other reason why there has been no announcement.

I am of course assuming that the deal has been completed.

I said exactly the same the other day UB

Guest Howaythetoon

I think they'd like to get the Man City game out of the way first and foremost and it will be a soft announcement when it does become official, with a small press release and there will be only a modest budget for January.

An argument for not announcing it until after the window could be to temper any wild expectations when it comes to the transfer window itself. I mean we are being linked with Luiz for example!

Imagine it becomes official and there really is only 15m to spend or 20m, I think a large percentage of the numpty brigade on social media and in the actual media themselves would moan and bitch about that. I think that's why we are being linked with a few loanees because the budget will be modest.

Maybe that's why Ashley will have to front the transfer window spending because no-one expects him to splash out  anyway so if we do spend 15-20 people will think, fucking hell, well that's not too shabby.

Unless we could realistically get top players to the club, I don't think any new owner would risk spending silly money in an inflated market on average players that may or may not be the difference.

Rafa is astute enough and knowledgeable enough to be able to work with a few players in the right areas coming in to give us that boost and little extra. For me this season is all about staying up, Ashley or with a new owner. If they release 100m and we go down...

I fully expect a modest budget, a few going out and maybe a 'keeper, number 10 and a CM coming.

This is all guess work of course.

I am, however, very very confident that we will finally be seeing an end to Ashley very very soon.

Guest Howaythetoon

I know f*** all other than that it’s done. No one knows the ins and outs or even who will be our owner. I have a bit of guesswork like the rest.

You swear on your life? :)

I'd swear on yours mate!

I know f*** all other than that it’s done. No one knows the ins and outs or even who will be our owner. I have a bit of guesswork like the rest.

You swear on your life? :)

I'd swear on yours mate!

Well, not worth much then.