Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Writing off new owners  already :lol:

All they’ve done so far is upset the current squad and produce a load on uncertainty. Window is basically here and they’ve still not done the deal. Can’t with till the 20th and they are still taking their time on offering a revised bid. Should do wonders for our chances of staying up.

[emoji38] love how he says "I've seen nothing from this lot to suggest....."

When we've seen f*** all of anything.  Which is why this thread is a pack of starving dogs drooling over a picture of a steak.

I agree if like many people believe the deal is already done then they need to announce it as it will give everyone a much needed boost. The next 2 weeks will show us if it's done or not. No players or underwhelming players then it's not done.

[emoji38] love how he says "I've seen nothing from this lit to suggest....."

When we've seen fuck all of anything.  Which is why this thread is a pack of starving dogs drooling over a picture of a steak.

The curry house should have been it, from there on some kind of announcement was needed. they were all very happy about something. We thought it was the deal was done, it’s now looking more likely they were playing us, backed up with media representatives just happening to be there.

Totally set up, not sure why, maybe to have the hands tied excuse going in to this window.

Shoot me down if you want (hope I'm wrong myself) but if it was done behind the scenes then I'd expect Rafa to have a signing or 2 agreed by now. He had deals lined up last January and this summer which didn't come off as we all know. Just starting to get a bad feeling about this, as we're all clinging onto the hope that we will do good business, if we don't then the comedown could ruin us.

Shoot me down if you want (hope I'm wrong myself) but if it was done behind the scenes then I'd expect Rafa to have a signing or 2 agreed by now. He had deals lined up last January and this summer which didn't come off as we all know. Just starting to get a bad feeling about this, as we're all clinging onto the hope that we will do good business, if we don't then the comedown could ruin us.

We could have had 2 or 3 players on the bench tomorrow ready for a massively important game. The clubs hands should be no longer tied. Let’s see how long it takes to sign someone and how important they will be. This window will be another Ashley window, which won’t be enough and we will be down.

We could have had 2 or 3 players on the bench tomorrow ready for a massively important game. The clubs hands should be no longer tied. Let’s see how long it takes to sign someone and how important they will be. This window will be another Ashley window, which won’t be enough and we will be down.

Yep, even if theres no sale Ashley should have realised how serious our position is and Rafa should know what he's got to spend. Just seems like were setting up for more of the same transfer window wise.

Yep, even if theres no sale Ashley should have realised how serious our position is and Rafa should know what he's got to spend. Just seems like were setting up for more of the same transfer window wise.

:thup:

We’re fucked, basically.

No we couldn't. The transfer window is currently closed and New Years Day is a bank holiday so the very earliest a player could be registered is in time to play in our FA Cup game against Luton.

No we couldn't. The transfer window is currently closed and New Years Day is a bank holiday so the very earliest a player could be registered is in time to play in our FA Cup game against Luton.

Fair enough. Think we will have anyone in by Luton?

We couldn’t, stop talking nonsense. Tho I do agree we need to move quickly and we probably won’t

No, but possibly by Swansea, but still not confident.

Halfway through the window. :(

You expect quality, with no deal yet being agreed?

Halfway through the window. :(

You expect quality, with no deal yet being agreed?

I'm not confident at all. The January transfer window is a difficult time to buy and Mike Ashley is our owner.

If that club adopts the same attitude it did in the summer - unwilling to pay the going rates for wages or agents - we are screwed.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think it’ll go through sometime next month however we still won’t have a pot to p*ss in and will be in a relegation battle all season.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest these lot are no different to Ashley, business first and football second. Same bullshit noises Ashley made when he first arrived and we all lapped it up.

Ready made excuse when we do f*** all in this window, hands were tied with takeover, then the next window will be well we’ve now been relegated and it changes things, must cut our cloth accordingly.

I think our new owner or owners will be far more ambitious than Ashley ever has been or will. I don't imagine we will see mega money being spent, however. I think it was be gradual growth with an emphasis on investing on infrastructure, the academy etc.

They haven’t even got the ambition to get the deal done. They haven’t understood announcing this would give us a much needed lift and some hope amongst fans for real change. Instead we roll in to tomorrow with no new players which is negligent in our current situation. All their decisions so far have been money first. We’ve had 10 years of that, it hasn’t worked.

Whoever they are they are serious people who want everything done properly and legally. Its not as easy as agreeing a fee and then just handing over the money. There are thousands of contracts and tens of thousands of documents that need transferred over, signed for and then there is the FA and Premier League who will go over the takeover with a similar fine tooth comb as well as financial institutions doing likewise. As far as I'm concerned a fee has been agreed, the club is sold pending release of monies which will come once all the legalities are signed and dotted and that's the hold up. And even then it may not be officially announced until February or early March.

Ashley doesnt care if we go down anymore.

He doesnt even want to stay on the gravy train now.

Prity sure he would be bothered about £100 million plus being wiped off any price of the club. If he wasn't that bothered he would have accepted anything he could get and would be away by now. It's all about the Benjamin's for Mr Ashley.

Don Hutchison on Goals On Sunday just now:

"I'm not Mike Ashley's biggest fan, but results on the pitch are not his fault"

2+2=5

:lol: I love this dimwitted argument like.

It's like telling Gordon Ramsey to make a Michelin star 4 course meal for 10 people with £12.50 and whatever I've got in my kitchen cupboard.

Ive got a feeling in true NUFC fashion we are about to have a big kick in the balls. I just cant see how a financial compromise can be reached with this greedy spiteful bastard. After all he is the one who thinks its ok to have his staff work in glorified sweat shops in his stores and warehouses. He then turns up for a site visit with more money in his pocket than most earn in a year

Hes the spiteful fat kid whos was bullied at school and has become rich. Id rather a Matthew Harding type incident happened to the fat cunt

Don Hutchison on Goals On Sunday just now:

"I'm not Mike Ashley's biggest fan, but results on the pitch are not his fault"

2+2=5

:lol: I love this dimwitted argument like.

It's like telling Gordon Ramsey to make a Michelin star 4 course meal for 10 people with £12.50 and whatever I've got in my kitchen cupboard.

Nice analogy