Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think it makes any difference. If we believe what's in the media PCP are interested in us because of the potential over anything else. They know they could throw zillions into the club and transform the playing squad into a top team and most of the other stuff is already in place.

Guest reefatoon

PCP have asked Rafa to carry on playing Joselu, so they can knock a few quid off the price when we are around the bottom. Fenham mag told me this.

It's truly painstaking. Every aspect of the club that has any sort of potential rests entirely on this actually happening. If we don't get taken over, we're going nowhere - Rafa or no Rafa.

If we don't get took over we will be back in the championship within 2 year (if not this) it's that crucial. Will it happen who knows as many have said no news is often good news but that fat cunt will see us down and sinking rapidly if it doesn't happen.

Being owned by someone who can have all their assets stripped from them as quickly as that doesn’t seem to appealing to be perfectly honest.

I’m beginning to think that this whole thing has been a click bait project from the beginning.

Staveley probably just wanted to watch Liverpool play and that fixture was the only one she had time to go to. Everything else that’s been written since has been utter nonsense. And we’ve been only too happy to believe it.

Even Mike fell for it so we shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves.

Being owned by someone who can have all their assets stripped from them as quickly as that doesn’t seem to appealing to be perfectly honest.

I’m beginning to think that this whole thing has been a click bait project from the beginning.

Staveley probably just wanted to watch Liverpool play and that fixture was the only one she had time to go to. Everything else that’s been written since has been utter nonsense. And we’ve been only too happy to believe it.

No sorry this is not the case either as it would have been blow wide open by now. Thre is definitely something official happening whether that ends in an overall takeover is the big question mark though.

There’s pessimistic and then there’s you

No sorry this is not the case either as it would have been blow wide open by now. Thre is definitely something official happening whether that ends in an overall takeover is the big question mark though.

Why would it be blown wide open? Who exactly is providing any real info.

All we have as fact is that Mike has put the club up for sale and that a woman who manages other people’s money turned up at our game (although it’s been widely reported that she supports Liverpool)

I would dearly love to be wrong but all I can see is local journos who are writing stories based off things people are tweeting.

There’s absolutely nothing to go on this other than hoping it’s true.

Guest neesy111

Interested parties could potentially sue Ashley for wasting their time with NDA's and due-diligence if they were just messing with them.

All we have as fact is that Mike has put the club up for sale and that a woman who manages other people’s money turned up at our game (although it’s been widely reported that she supports Liverpool)

I would dearly love to be wrong but all I can see is local journos who are writing stories based off things people are tweeting.

Well except for the fact he put out a statement saying the club was for sale, and the fact that multiple sources have said that PCP have signed an NDA. What is it you would like for proof?

Except? I literally just said that was the only fact we have.

And multiple sources? Who? Anyone credible?? Like I said.. journos stretching out rumours on twitter for click bait articles is not a source or proof.

The only link the club has to PCP is Staveley attending the game, possibly just to watch the club she supports. But 2+2=350,000,000 in this case. It doesn’t add up.

I want it to be true just as much as anyone but we’re being taken for mugs by the local press as its highly doubtful they know anything of any worth.

No more than that Wraith chap.. it was pure chance he was sat beside Staveley and her husband. He then played everyone on twitter to think he was an ITK to get clicks for some dogshit energy drink.

All we have is rumours to go on, just like when we had bids in for William Carvalho or whoever else over the summer. 95% of what the media wrote was bullshit.

So what makes them so knowledgable now?

Well except for the fact he put out a statement saying the club was for sale, and the fact that multiple sources have said that PCP have signed an NDA. What is it you would like for proof?

Except? I literally just said that was the only fact we have.

And multiple sources? Who? Anyone credible?? Like I said.. journos stretching out rumours on twitter for click bait articles is not a source or proof.

The only link the club has to PCP is Staveley attending the game, possibly just to watch the club she supports. But 2+2=350,000,000 in this case. It doesn’t add up.

I want it to be true just as much as anyone but we’re being taken for mugs by the local press as its highly doubtful they know anything of any worth.

No more than that Wraith chap.. it was pure chance he was sat beside Staveley and her husband. He then played everyone on twitter to think he was an ITK to get clicks for some dogshit energy drink.

All we have is rumours to go on, just like when we had bids in for William Carvalho or whoever else over the summer. 95% of what the media wrote was bullshit.

So what makes them so knowledgable now?

What? so you think that the journalists aren't privy to information from within the club? Credible? Yeah Caulkin is extremely credible. Your assertion is that based on seeing one woman at a game the local press have written and not backed down from saying that that PCP have signed an NDA. That's completely nonsensical.

I don't understand what sources you are looking for, are you expecting Staveley to come out and do an interview? The clubs lawyer even put out a statement.

Pretty much :thup:

Remember when the Mcvities people put out a statement saying they weren't interested in little more than a few hours of being linked with a bid? Why wouldn't PCP do the same? What's in it for them for this to have carried on for over a month? What's in it for Ashley?

It may well come to nothing but to suggest it's all bollocks at this stage is ridiculous.

I’m not saying it’s all bullshit. The fact is I know about as much as the next person which is fuck all.

Terms like due diligence and NDA’s would make sense if something was happening. What I’m saying is that nobody knows what’s going on.. especially local press.

There’s an assumption that we’re gonna be on instant street come January. But there’s very little to suggest we will be.

It’s far better to assume the worst and then be pleasantly surprised than the other way round.

I’m not saying it’s all bullshit. The fact is I know about as much as the next person which is fuck all.

Terms like due diligence and NDA’s would make sense if something was happening. What I’m saying is that nobody knows what’s going on.. especially local press.

There’s an assumption that we’re gonna be on instant street come January. But there’s very little to suggest we will be.

It’s far better to assume the worst and then be pleasantly surprised than the other way round.

Debatable. Far better to look for the best, then be absolutely raging if it doesn't pan out IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

No-one is professing to know anything and no-one is saying we will be on instant street whatever the fuck that is so what's your point?

I really don't get that mentality, its just depressing to think like that, I want to hope, and be happy while hopeful and then if it doesn't pay off, it'll hurt in that instance, but it'll subside, then constantly looking for the worst in everything and being negative towards everything, and I mean that in both Football and in life.