Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So at least we got to know the source of the money then. What the fuck were all the ITK Accounts GS like the Geordie Dentist etc talking about? Looks to me like it was never Middle Easter dollar.

I’m still ABA (Anyone but Ashley) but she might have been bad news too. I’ve got my doubts about her.

They were only 1 of the potential backers.

That family are among the top 60 richest people in the world. They don’t need anyone else’s support in investing £250-£300m Quid. If they were part of a consortium then that would raise even bigger alarm bells.

I’m really not sure about this whole thing. Somethings amiss. 

So at least we got to know the source of the money then. What the fuck were all the ITK Accounts GS like the Geordie Dentist etc talking about? Looks to me like it was never Middle Easter dollar.

I’m still ABA (Anyone but Ashley) but she might have been bad news too. I’ve got my doubts about her.

That family are among the top 60 richest people in the world. They don’t need anyone else’s support in investing £250-£300m Quid. If they were part of a consortium then that would raise even bigger alarm bells.

What about them worries you then, if they're so loaded? Why is Middle Eastern money better?

The press seem to be implying that Staveley is a bit of a tyre kicker - we'll props never know the truth.  What we do know though is under Ashley we'll never go anywhere - cannot see Rafa staying beyond the end of season. :sad:

What about them worries you then, if they're so loaded? Why is Middle Eastern money better?

With their wealth they could buy us in a heartbeat and not even have to think about the HMRC thing or relegation clauses etc. That they were part of a consortium strikes me that everyone chucking in £50m is potentially fraught with conflict down the line but, more importantly, that we’d only be purchased for profit/commercial reasons with sporting achievements a distant second.

I don’t want a richer Ashley. It strikes me that they only wanted us at a reduced price when they thought they could roll Ashley over because of his TV ad. This was only ever another deal and i can’t see any sporting intention.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take them. I’d take them now but I’m not convinced that this would not be a frying pan/fire scenario.

They could afford us easily, but I’m pretty sure they would only be 1 of a few backers. I think the article even alludes to that.

As for the Middle Eastern money point......Real wealth wouldn’t piss around in a big consortium. It would have the courage of its convictions.

As for the Middle Eastern money point......Real wealth wouldn’t piss around in a big consortium. It would have the courage of its convictions.

We don’t need major wealth though. All we want is the club to be ran at a competitive level, we arn’t asking for Man City type ownership.

So at least we got to know the source of the money then. What the f*** were all the ITK Accounts GS like the Geordie Dentist etc talking about? Looks to me like it was never Middle Easter dollar.

I'm the same (ABA) and regarding your second point, people around about when she put her bid in for Liverpool paint her as a glorified tyre-kicker apparently. They also pointed to the similarities between that bid and the bid for us. Ashley contests any kind of bid was ever made, and Tom Werner did similar.

It's been really odd, like. All of it.

Well I'm up for blaming Ashley even if PCP's bid was a load of bollocks or even if it didn't exist. Why not say anything before now, halfway through the transfer window? Why allow it to drag on, with the media repeatedly saying things are progressing, and repeatedly reporting that both sides were keen to do a deal?

He's the one with a long track record of being a lying, deceptive cunt. Fuck him.

They made a lot of money back in 2000 in Russia as one of the early adopters of Russian networks mainly in Metals. 15 Billion according a few sources (moved more into property development later). They know Abramovich etc...Would on the face of it have more clout than MA. I still don't get the lowish bid...Unless they were looking for a bargain etc...MA I'd imagine was difficult to deal with from the get go.

Well I'm up for blaming Ashley even if PCP's bid was a load of bollocks or even if it didn't exist. Why not say anything before now, halfway through the transfer window? Why allow it to drag on, with the media repeatedly saying things are progressing, and repeatedly reporting that both sides were keen to do a deal?

He's the one with a long track record of being a lying, deceptive c***. f*** him.

Spot on.

He's the one with a long track record of being a lying, deceptive cunt. Fuck him.

Yup.

It's all got very confusing to me tbh. Haven't got the faintest idea about what's supposed to have gone on.

Are we really supposed to think that he never actually wanted to sell it all along? So much seemed to point to him genuinely wanting shot of it.

Guest firetotheworks

:thup: Couldn't agree more.

I've been saying that since the news broke, there's only one person we all know too well, who has lied to us over and over again, screwed us over and over again in the transfer market, relegated twice, FA Cup record.....and so on.

Still can't understand why everyone can't see it.

He's the one with a long track record of being a lying, deceptive c***. f*** him.

Aye. Only quote you really need to look at when stuff comes from Ashley's side is one from a few years back:

"The club admitted at the tribunal that it intentionally misled the press, public and fans of Newcastle United."

I've been saying that since the news broke, there's only one person we all know too well, who has lied to us over and over again, screwed us over and over again in the transfer market, relegated twice, FA Cup record.....and so on.

Still can't understand why everyone can't see it.

Exactly. The flabby fuck has been a pox on this club ever since he touched it with his pudgy fingers. No free pass for this putrid shit stain.