Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But she said ‘Howay’ m’lud, which my client, Mr Biffa Asperger, took to mean Ahem and I quote: “ Get yer cock out noo, like, bonny lad.” It has only later come to light that she actually meant: “ Had away and shite ye ugly fucker, ye’ve got nee chance.”

But she said ‘Howay’ m’lud, which my client, Mr Biffa Asperger, took to mean Ahem and I quote: “ Get yer cock out noo, like, bonny lad.” It has only later come to light that she actually meant: “ Had away and shite ye ugly fucker, ye’ve got nee chance.”

:lol: :thup:

Howay, like many Geordie words/phrases has so many meanings.

What do you think of Mitrovic? Howay... meaning please, don’t even ask, he’s s***.

Howay - time to go.

Howay - an expression of frustration. Internet doon? HOWAY!

HOWAY - COME ON! An expression of support.

Howaaay... an expression of impatience or an expression of hurry up.

Pretty much all the same then :lol:

It’s the way it’s said, the loudness it’s said in and the tone. Any Geordie can or should know exactly the context of what howay means when said or used in such ways.

It can mean fucking anything :lol:

Add one to the list, an expression of unfairness (or an appeal for fairness).  'I'll give ya 50 quid for it' 'Ah, howay man....'

Guest Howaythetoon

It pretty much means one thing. "Come on."

But come on can be used so many ways [emoji38] only one Howay wouldn't work with is "come on yi ma's face" :thup:

Nah it can mean anything really, I mean howay...

Such a great phrase or use of our dialect/language or whatever it’s called.

I probably say howay in many different forms and context more than anything else.

My work mate btw, he’s the most geordiest person ever or the thickest, even I can’t understand him. It’s hilarious watching others try to understand him. We were at Burger King recently and the women at the till asks him what he wants. This was at a service station on our way to Bristol.

BORGA

I beg your pardon?

THAT THERE - pointing to a whopper meal.

OK, large or medium?

AM clamming me pet so mek it a big un.

She looks at me - I say large.

And what drink?

Pop

I beg your pardon?

Fookin hell man, howay, pop lassy. NOT COFFEE NOT TEA POP. Oringe stuff.

Me, he’ll have a Fanta.

As it’s going through he starts bemoaning how thick they all are and how hard it is these days to order food and then at the van while we are eating it he blurts out, I’ll tell you this for nowt, I bet they make a fucking killing serving this shite to daft cunts like us. Probably nee good for us like.

I guess you had to be there.

When his lass rings he picks up the phone and says I’m driving bye. Could be anything and that’s what he says. Then he will say to me the daft cunt knows I’m driving so why does she ring. I’ve tried buying him ear pieces and blue tooth stuff and he says fuck that techno shit and then bemoans how years ago you could drive and talk on the phone. And... he berates others who text and speak on the phone at the wheel.

We’ve always said he needs his own comedy sketch show.

I may one day record him and put it up on YouTube. The funny thing is, he’s not stupid, he just talks and thinks like that to anyone and everyone. They take the piss out of me when I answer the phone, if I sad hallow, alreet, what can I dee you for wor kid or pet, fucking hell I’d go out of business.

Thought I'd do some research...

August 1996

NEWCASTLE Alan Shearer £15m

LIVERPOOL Stan Collymore £8.5m

ARSENAL Dennis Bergkamp £7.5m 

MAN UTD Andy Cole £7m

MIDDLESBROUGH Fabrizio Ravanelli £7m

EVERTON Nick Barmby £5.75m

BLACKBURN Chris Sutton £5m

CHELSEA Roberto Di Matteo £4.9m

LEEDS Tomas Brolin £4.5m

TOTTENHAM Chris Armstrong £4.5m

ASTON VILLA Sasa Curcic £4m

COVENTRY Gary McAllister £3m

NOTTM FOREST Bryan Roy £2.9m

SHEFF WED Andy Sinton £2.75m

DERBY Craig Short £2.5m

WEST HAM Florin Raducioiu £2.4m

WIMBLEDON Ben Thatcher £1.8m

SUNDERLAND Niall Quinn £1.3m

LEICESTER Mark Draper £1.25m

SOUTHAMPTON Neil Shipperley £1.25m

August 2005

MAN UTD Rio Ferdinand £30m

CHELSEA Michael Essien £24.4m

NEWCASTLE Michael Owen £16m

LIVERPOOL Djibril Cisse £14m

ARSENAL Jose Antonio Reyes £13m

MAN CITY Nicolas Anelka £13m

FULHAM Steve Marlet £11.5m

SPURS Sergei Rebrov £11m

ASTON VILLA Juan Pablo Angel £9.5m

MIDDLESBROUGH Massimo Maccarone £8.15m

BLACKBURN Andy Cole £8m

SUNDERLAND Tore Andre Flo £6.75m

BIRMINGHAM Emile Heskey £6.5m

EVERTON James Beattie £6m

WEST HAM Tomas Repka £5.5m

CHARLTON Jason Euell £4.75m

BOLTON El Hadji Diouf £4m

WBA Robert Earnshaw £3m

WIGAN Henri Camara £3m

PORTSMOUTH Andy O'Brien £2m

Today

MAN UTD Paul Pogba £89.3m

LIVERPOOL Virgil Van Dijk £75m

CHELSEA Alvaro Morata £60m

MAN CITY Kevin De Bruyne £54m

ARSENAL Alexandre Lacazette £52.7m

EVERTON Gylfi Sigurdsson £45m

SPURS Davinson Sanchez £42m

LEICESTER Islam Slimani £29m

CRYSTAL PALACE Christian Benteke £27m

WEST HAM Marko Arnautovic £25m

BOURNEMOUTH Nathan Ake £20m

WATFORD Andre Gray £18.5m

STOKE Giannelli Imbula £18.3m

SOUTHAMPTON Mario Lemina £18m

SWANSEA Sam Clucas £16.5m

NEWCASTLE Michael Owen £16m

BURNLEY Chris Wood £15m

WEST BROM Oliver Burke £15m

BRIGHTON Jurgen Locadia £14m

HUDDERSFIELD Steve Mounie £11.5m

So we're currently relying on a striker that cost slightly more than Charlton paid for Jason Euell in 2005. Cool.

Our current highest valued player cost slightly more then Steve Marlet. :lol:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-mike-ashley-said-journalist-14201551

“I don’t think Ashley claims to know the football business. I think he’s quite shocked by it actually,”

“I, too, had a chance meeting with him, in the directors’ box at Watford, and he was also very frank about the problems facing Newcastle and the mistakes he has made."

“One of his observations is that football is unlike other industries. In any other field, as he sees it, if you put £90million into the business, you see direct results of that investment."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-mike-ashley-said-journalist-14201551

“I don’t think Ashley claims to know the football business. I think he’s quite shocked by it actually,”

“I, too, had a chance meeting with him, in the directors’ box at Watford, and he was also very frank about the problems facing Newcastle and the mistakes he has made."

“One of his observations is that football is unlike other industries. In any other field, as he sees it, if you put £90million into the business, you see direct results of that investment."

:banghead:

And what happens if you spend fuck all? does that show direct results of that lack of investment? Actually it does, relegation.

What a fucking turnip man.

But - like in any other business - if you need to buy a printer and hand the responsibility of buying to the cleaner, only for him to turn up the next month with 7 office chairs and a pack of permanent markers.... well, you don't really see direct results there, either.

Provide the right funds, to the right people, however... ahh, what's the point man :lol:

Just die already.