Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where does the TV money go?

I know Ashley(or SportDirect) has taken it, but what is Ashleys answer to that question?

Guess he won't just say "Oh, I've taken it all".

Everyone says it's not ok but nobody does anything about it.

Now there comes a group of fans who really want to do something to get rid of Ashley. Then some people says it won't help, does nothing, whinge about how bad Ashley is and just keep going to games and buy a shirt as they've always done.

How is it going to change if the fans don't do anything about it?

When is enough, really enough?

Now som fans has taken a good first step of really doing something about the whole problem(Ashley).

Support it and see what happens!

What's there to loose?

NOW IS THE TIME!!!

I say support #IfRafaGoesWeGo and stop whinge if you don't do anything about the situation yourselfs!

ASHLEY OUT!!!

The only thing that’s changed I guess is that nobody believes their lies any more, even the most oblivious of folk have been fooled and conned many times, it’s just tiresome at this point.

What’s been the spend this summer, realistically? Nobody has left yet, apart from Colback.

4m on Dubravka, the loan deal might have cost 2m, then Ki’s agents etc might have pocketed 500k-1m for that deal.

You can offset Ki by Colbacks wages being paid for. So let’s call it 6 million. That’s all we’ve spent.

How the fuck can the club claim that Rafa can have every penny the club generates. We got paid over 110m in tv money, then probably made a few million in corporate and match day revenue.

Maybe the delay in Mitro leaving is down to Rafa. If he’s not given funds, we’ll have Mitro back in the squad maybe? That would be one positive, Rafa wouldn’t play him though..

It’s a total shit show.

We have sold Merino for somewhere between £10m-£11m. Our net spend is in the minus.

ive tried staying away in the past but i missed the match so much, i will be going again this season and yes i'm frustrated as much as the rest , call me a cunt but i love NUFC and theres many teams worse off than us .

ashley can fix this a little, he doesn't see that it won't take much to keep his pockets filled but the pig ignorance not to give Rfa a quality forward and defender is  suicide for him .

i'm not happy but i love going to the match more to let the fat bastard ruin it.  O0

It has long been said that peoples get the government they deserve.

If there's any validity to that dictum, it's even more true of football clubs.

ive tried staying away in the past but i missed the match so much, i will be going again this season and yes i'm frustrated as much as the rest , call me a cunt but i love NUFC and theres many teams worse off than us .

ashley can fix this a little, he doesn't see that it won't take much to keep his pockets filled but the pig ignorance not to give Rfa a quality forward and defender is  suicide for him .

i'm not happy but i love going to the match more to let the fat bastard ruin it.  O0

Youre obviously not that frustrated if you continue to attend and help fund the decline of NUFC . Yes there are many teams worse off ( Hartlepool , Gateshead and Sunderland come to mind ) do you really want to measure our status by comparison to such small clubs ? How low are your horizons ? Youre not happy but youre happy enough to continue to fund your own unhappiness ...

It would seem that for you the pleasure is simply funding Ashley in order to watch any old shite ... did you have the same attitude in the Seymour / McKeag era ... did you not get behind the SJH takeover at the time ? Did you not notice the difference under the SJH regime ?

Or are you just another fucking muppet ?

Mate. Even though I probably exactly the same sentiment when it comes to what is needed you have absolutely bot all clue about how to go about creating unity and solving this.

Guest The Little Waster

Youre obviously not that frustrated if you continue to attend and help fund the decline of NUFC . Yes there are many teams worse off ( Hartlepool , Gateshead and Sunderland come to mind ) do you really want to measure our status by comparison to such small clubs ? How low are your horizons ? Youre not happy but youre happy enough to continue to fund your own unhappiness ...

It would seem that for you the pleasure is simply funding Ashley in order to watch any old shite ... did you have the same attitude in the Seymour / McKeag era ... did you not get behind the SJH takeover at the time ? Did you not notice the difference under the SJH regime ?

Or are you just another fucking muppet ?

Mate. Even though I probably exactly the same sentiment when it comes to what is needed you have absolutely bot all clue about how to go about creating unity and solving this.

I only insulted him at the end ffs : )

I know Ashley(or SportDirect) has taken it, but what is Ashleys answer to that question?

I don't actually think he's taking money out of the club, not in a direct way anyway.

In the past it was relatively easy for a club like Newcastle to just be kept ticking over in mid table mediocrity, that was the sweet spot for him in terms of risk/cost vs. reward.

That is now much more difficult and expensive to do and I think he now sees the 'sweet spot' as yo-yoing between the Premier League and Championship.

In the past his model was to do just enough to stay in the Premier League, saving a pot of money to spend in January if/when relegation looks possible.

I think he's now intentionally running the club as yo-yo club, he will not spend while in the Premier League but will save a pot of money to spend on ensuring we get back first time if/when we are relegated.

I don't actually think he's taking money out of the club, not in a direct way anyway.

In the past it was relatively easy for a club like Newcastle to just be kept ticking over in mid table mediocrity, that was the sweet spot for him in terms of risk/cost vs. reward.

That is now much more difficult and expensive to do and I think he now sees the 'sweet spot' as yo-yoing between the Premier League and Championship.

In the past his model was to do just enough to stay in the Premier League, saving a pot of money to spend in January if/when relegation looks possible.

I think he's now intentionally running the club as yo-yo club, he will not spend while in the Premier League but will save a pot of money to spend on ensuring we get back first time if/when we are relegated.

Can't see this being true, considering we miss out on £50-60m of revenue (taking into account the 1st parachute payment) if we get relegated.

Ashley absolutely would take 17th each season but his willingness to throw money at the problem (in 2013 and 2016) if we are in trouble shows he doesn't want to get relegated in my mind.

Can't see this being true, considering we miss out on £50-60m of revenue (taking into account the 1st parachute payment) if we get relegated.

Ashley absolutely would take 17th each season but his willingness to throw money at the problem (in 2013 and 2016) if we are in trouble shows he doesn't want to get relegated in my mind.

I think things have changed since January 2016 he spent then and it didn't work. In January we looked in desperate trouble and he wouldn't spend.

Of course he wants us to stay up, but he will not gamble on it  as he has in the past. He will only sanction significant spending to get us promoted. That is clearly what is happening.

I don't subscribe to this excuse of "I'll still go to the match because of my love for going to the match", it's bollocks, you could just as easily go and watch any other team if it's just a match day out that you want. Utter guff! Anyone still going to the match becomes a mindless sheep, following the rest of sheep in to the ground, watching the same shit week in, week out and then having the cheek to leave any protesting to others and still moaning how much they hate Mike Ashley's regime. No wonder our fans are a laughing stock, I've not seen many other clubs in a similar situation to ours where their fans have kept turning up regardless.

Guest ElCid

I think things have changed since January 2016 he spent then and it didn't work. In January we looked in desperate trouble and he wouldn't spend.

Of course he wants us to stay up, but he will not gamble on it  as he has in the past. He will only sanction significant spending to get us promoted. That is clearly what is happening.

If there is any truth in that and I'm not convinced then it's the most stupid and backward business plan ever.

Guest ElCid

He’s one of the cunts who causes the division amongst our fan base.

Honestly the bloke is a fucking embarrassment

Didn’t NUFCtrust start off with the promise to buy a part of the club, got fans to invest their permissions and remortgage their homes to invest with them, then they kicked off when people asked for a return on their money and started saying they never asked or accepted people’s pensions or mortgages? Pretty sure the minimum you could invest was £1k as well.

I don't subscribe to this excuse of "I'll still go to the match because of my love for going to the match", it's bollocks, you could just as easily go and watch any other team if it's just a match day out that you want. Utter guff! Anyone still going to the match becomes a mindless sheep, following the rest of sheep in to the ground, watching the same shit week in, week out and then having the cheek to leave any protesting to others and still moaning how much they hate Mike Ashley's regime. No wonder our fans are a laughing stock, I've not seen many other clubs in a similar situation to ours where their fans have kept turning up regardless.

I actually agree with this.

If you're not happy you have to do something. Even if it will cost you short term it will gain you long term.

Lose 10 years of the same shit we see now or sacrifice 1 year to try and change things for years to come.

Simple choice if you ask me.

If there is any truth in that and I'm not convinced then it's the most stupid and backward business plan ever.

In business terms, when we're competing with clubs who have owners willing to put their own money in or are prepared to run at a loss just to stay in the Premier League, it makes perfect sense. In most cases that £100m+ is just going on transfer fees and wages, pushing a club further away from being able to cope with relegation and doesn't guarantee survival because everyone else has the same or more to spend.

The financial sweet spot for a club in our current position possibly is bouncing between the two divisions, being set up to absorb the drop in income of an occasional season in the Championship and every season we stay up being in huge profit. The Burnley model.

The problem is they're not being honest about it with us or Rafa, and I think they've massively underestimated how difficult it can be to get back up and how much luck was involved in us getting back first time twice.

Guest Howaythetoon

How any fan can find the overall match day experience of SJP worth whatever it costs to go is beyond me, even the football is dire in the main. I tried to get back into it last season and it was demoralising. All the hard fought backs to the wall wins in the world against the Man Utd’s of the world don’t compensate for the utter shite that is served up by Ashley FC. The team has likeable players and work hard, but this isn’t a good team. The manager is great, but it’s painful seeing him in the dugout hamstrung so much with what he has to work with. The stadium, well, if you like SD adverts, silence and expensive warm piss and microwaved burgers, knock yourself out. I’d rather watch us on a stream, or preferably be doing something much better with my time on match day.