Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You're both missing the point, which is canny rich considering the notion that others are being thick.

Where is anyone saying that NUFC's transfer business affects whether Sports Direct acquire House of Frasier? The point is that he'll happily invest elsewhere, but not with NUFC, it's that simple.

He could well point out that he has invested in NUFC. As for HoF  beyond the buyout and paying off debts, like he did with us, let's see if he invests.

If House of Fraser need to wait until January before he lets them buy any more stock they're going to struggle.

Why did Rafa and Jamaal agree to that.

Rafa constantly says and will continue to say that he needs the fans behind the team. It’s a bizzare statement tho. Ashley is panicking

"we must extend praise to Steve Nickson and his recruitment team. Their operations are year-round, but they have worked day and night in recent months to support efforts to enhance the squad"

If that's the best they can do in "a year" they deserve to be sacked.

"we must extend praise to Steve Nickson and his recruitment team. Their operations are year-round, but they have worked day and night in recent months to support efforts to enhance the squad"

If that's the best they can do in "a year" they deserve to be sacked.

That’s Charnley saying ”I’ve got nothing to do with it”.

More evidence they're rattled. Keep turning up the pressure, it's clearly working.

I'll know Rafa's actually happy when he signs a new contract. That's the real proof, not some shite like this from a PR firm. Until Rafa does sign a new contract, which I severely doubt he ever will, my sentiments will not change one bit towards Ashley and his cronies.

Again: They're rattled or they wouldn't have done this. Let's keep it going.

Mike Ashley has taken money from this club maybe not directly himself but his company sports direct and MASH holdings have. The fact he gets free advertising (and by the way turning away companies that want to advertise their business at St James and in the matchday program as they are seen as direct competition to his business) has taken a load of possible money from Newcastle. You have to also think what he gets from merchandise. Take into consideration the deal he had at Rangers 93p from every £1 sold of merchandise went to Sports Direct. There is no way he hasn't got that deal with Newcastle. Of course Puma would have paid to make the strips and would get most of the income from these being sold but every club would have an agreement with the manufacturer to receive 10% to 15% of any sale of the strips. So if a top is sold for £65 and say we have an agreement for 15% of that then £9.75 should be going to Newcastle but if he has the same deal as Rangers £9.06 is going to Sports Direct and 69p to Newcastle. This will all go towards the money he has just spent on buying HOF however little it may be instead of Newcastle.

Just thinking - Wouldn't surprise me one single bit if this statement was a condition of the bonus scheme being agreed upon by the club.

I can see Rafa and Lascelles agreeing that for the good of the players - Though they probably didn't expect the statement would be used to firefight Ashley's use of the transfer funds we didn't spend to buy House of fucking Fraser. :lol:

Now, it’s about all of us pulling in the same direction, for the good of the club. This came through strongly in a recent positive call between our owner and senior members of the squad, who agreed that better dialogue going forward will benefit all parties and is in the best interests of the club.

All that says to me is that the owner didn't have the balls to sit down with the manager himself, Rafa is conspicuous by his absence. If that's a wrong impression, then I hope they put it right. Rafa is the one Ashley needs to be on the same page with.

what it says to me is hes promised to do better by the players going forward- empty words- he always makes promises about the future after fucking people over- then carries on with the same antics next time.