Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Madras and Johnny, you're both missing the point, which is canny rich considering Madras' point that others are being thick.

Where is anyone saying that NUFC's transfer business affects whether Sports Direct acquire House of Frasier? The point is that he'll happily invest elsewhere, but not with NUFC, it's that simple.

Everyone is saying that all over social media. The title of this thread jokes about that  :lol:

Everyone? Most of the stuff I've seen has been similar jokes to the thread title. There's a clear difference between one thing affecting another and one thing showing that you're neglecting the other. If you've got two kids and £20, nothing is affecting you from giving them a tenner each, but if you give one of them £20 then that wasn't for any real reason other than being a shit parent. :lol:

If there are people saying that we didn't sign player X because of the HoF buyout, then yeah fair enough that's stupid.

Has Ashley invested in Hof? Yes

Has Ashley invested in NUFC? No

He's paid a purchase price and paid of debts on both, has he invested further in HoF ? Strictly speaking he has invested more in us because the debt, owed to him, has gone up hasn't it even though it was his own fault.

Guest firetotheworks

You're both missing the point, which is canny rich considering the notion that others are being thick.

Where is anyone saying that NUFC's transfer business affects whether Sports Direct acquire House of Frasier? The point is that he'll happily invest elsewhere, but not with NUFC, it's that simple.

He could well point out that he has invested in NUFC., beyond the buyout and paying off debts, like he did with us, let's see if he invests.

He could but he'd be telling lies and half truths. The debt was there and had to be paid because he didn't do due diligence, the further investment was as a result of the two relegations that he and he alone caused.

I Agree with all that.... but it has nowt to do with the purchase of HoF and that in relation to NUFC investment.

Well again, I disagree, I just don't think I'm disagreeing for the reason you think I am. I get the impression that you think it's about saving funds by not spending anything on NUFC so they can be spent on HoF. When the point I'm making is that it's about him investing in one area and not another when he could invest in both and more.

Just heard this cunt said he wants to change HoF into the "Harrods of the high street".

It'll be Sports Direct with a HOF sticker ovre the top.  The clothing will be stacked high and flogged like goods from the market in Ablert Sq off Eastenders.

Guest firetotheworks

Has Ashley invested in Hof? Yes

Has Ashley invested in NUFC? No

He's paid a purchase price and paid of debts on both, has he invested further in HoF ? Strictly speaking he has invested more in us because the debt, owed to him, has gone up hasn't it even though it was his own fault.

I'm talking about now, not at the point of sale.

I don't like the word investment when it comes to us and the debt he caused in the first place. It makes it sound like we should be grateful that he loaned us money that he should have paid for his mistakes.

You're both missing the point, which is canny rich considering the notion that others are being thick.

He could well point out that he has invested in NUFC., beyond the buyout and paying off debts, like he did with us, let's see if he invests.

He could but he'd be telling lies and half truths. The debt was there and had to be paid because he didn't do due diligence, the further investment was as a result of the two relegations that he and he alone caused.

I Agree with all that.... but it has nowt to do with the purchase of HoF and that in relation to NUFC investment.

Well again, I disagree, I just don't think I'm disagreeing for the reason you think I am. I get the impression that you think it's about saving funds by not spending anything on NUFC so they can be spent on HoF. When the point I'm making is that it's about him investing in one area and not another when he could invest in both and more.

No not at all. I just think it's another compant he's added to his portfolio which he'll run in exactly the same way all his other companies.

Guest firetotheworks

Lidl provide value for money. We're more like Grainger Games, offering £50 for an Xbox One X with 15 games, while the same things' for sale at £620 in the window.

Guest The Little Waster

Lidl provide value for money. We're more like Grainger Games, offering £50 for an Xbox One X with 15 games, while the same things' for sale at £620 in the window.

Cash Converters more like

Wasn't sure where to put this... some propaganda from Bishop, but apparently a 'joint statement' signed off By Charnley, Benitez and Lascelles.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/a-message-to-fans

Dear supporters,

As the transfer window closes and attentions turn to the start of the season, we wanted to make this joint statement, on behalf of everyone at the club.

Doing good business in a transfer window is about ending the window clearly stronger than when you started and we believe we have done this. The view we all share is that we have a better squad now than the one that finished tenth last season and all involved have worked tirelessly to make this happen.

Collectively, we must extend praise to Steve Nickson and his recruitment team. Their operations are year-round, but they have worked day and night in recent months to support efforts to enhance the squad.

We are all excited about the seven players who have joined us this summer. Their combined experience in the Premier League and at an international level – with three of them appearing at this summer’s World Cup for their respective countries – cannot fail to strengthen us.

Martin Dúbravka and Kenedy have already proven themselves to be fantastic players here and we are confident that Ki Sung-yueng, Fabian Schär, Yoshinori Mutō, Salomón Rondón and Federico Fernandez will be excellent additions to the dressing room.

Given our finishing position last season, we already had a team of players who were more than capable of performing well in the Premier League. They have shown heart, guts and determination and the inference that they are ‘Championship’ players and not good enough is unfair and untrue. The players all believe in themselves and in the quality of the squad, and we all believe in the players.

Now, it’s about all of us pulling in the same direction, for the good of the club. This came through strongly in a recent positive call between our owner and senior members of the squad, who agreed that better dialogue going forward will benefit all parties and is in the best interests of the club. 

With the transfer window now closed, the focus should be on unity and getting behind the efforts on the pitch.

We know our supporters are incredibly passionate and we know that passion will be channelled into supporting the players we have in black and white on Saturday, and every matchday thereafter home or away.​

Lee Charnley, Managing Director

Rafa Benítez, Manager

Jamaal Lascelles, Captain

Wasn't sure where to put this... some propaganda from Bishop, but apparently a 'joint statement' signed off By Charnley, Benitez and Lascelles.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/a-message-to-fans

Dear supporters,

As the transfer window closes and attentions turn to the start of the season, we wanted to make this joint statement, on behalf of everyone at the club.

Doing good business in a transfer window is about ending the window clearly stronger than when you started and we believe we have done this. The view we all share is that we have a better squad now than the one that finished tenth last season and all involved have worked tirelessly to make this happen.

Collectively, we must extend praise to Steve Nickson and his recruitment team. Their operations are year-round, but they have worked day and night in recent months to support efforts to enhance the squad.

We are all excited about the seven players who have joined us this summer. Their combined experience in the Premier League and at an international level – with three of them appearing at this summer’s World Cup for their respective countries – cannot fail to strengthen us.

Martin Dúbravka and Kenedy have already proven themselves to be fantastic players here and we are confident that Ki Sung-yueng, Fabian Schär, Yoshinori Mutō, Salomón Rondón and Federico Fernandez will be excellent additions to the dressing room.

Given our finishing position last season, we already had a team of players who were more than capable of performing well in the Premier League. They have shown heart, guts and determination and the inference that they are ‘Championship’ players and not good enough is unfair and untrue. The players all believe in themselves and in the quality of the squad, and we all believe in the players.

Now, it’s about all of us pulling in the same direction, for the good of the club. This came through strongly in a recent positive call between our owner and senior members of the squad, who agreed that better dialogue going forward will benefit all parties and is in the best interests of the club. 

With the transfer window now closed, the focus should be on unity and getting behind the efforts on the pitch.

We know our supporters are incredibly passionate and we know that passion will be channelled into supporting the players we have in black and white on Saturday, and every matchday thereafter home or away.​

Lee Charnley, Managing Director

Rafa Benítez, Manager

Jamaal Lascelles, Captain

Get to fuck.