Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: nice

Love this. Chelsea Jersey worked a treat.

So if I search for Chelsea Jersey and for me on my mobile the first one is sports direct if I keep clicking on it will it charge SD loads??

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/42995?hl=en-GB

You'll get filtered out. This practice was fairly common many years ago, where companies were using "black-hat" techniques to inflate an advertiser's costs. Google are very good at filtering this sort of activity out nowadays. I'd save your time.

Yep, slow and steady is the name of the game here. I'm going to look for maybe 2 or 3 advertised links per day.

Per VPN connection. :lol:

I still think you'll get filtered out. Even with VPN and browser tricks. Google are pretty smart. If they see suspicious activity in anyway, they err on the side of caution and don't charge the Advertiser. Even assuming you don't get filtered out, 3 clicks a day is going to be costing an Advertiser not very much. Especially in the context of all the genuine traffic a big advertiser might be getting - you'll be accounting for 0.00000001% of spend. My advice would be to not waste your time.

Thing is, he only owns 61% of SD so if we can get at them enough and have a material affect on their business and marketing then he'll be getting pressure from the other shareholders too.

That's the key, empty stadium is unrealistic unfortunately so this is the best approach.

Previously owning nufc was a benefit to SD with no major drawbacks.

With the social media stuff it's still a benefit but currently must be an annoyance.

The next step is to turn that annoyance into something more where it has a financial impact.

Yep, slow and steady is the name of the game here. I'm going to look for maybe 2 or 3 advertised links per day.

Even assuming you don't get filtered out, 3 clicks a day is going to be costing an Advertiser not very much. Especially in the context of all the genuine traffic a big advertiser might be getting - you'll be accounting for 0.00000001% of spend. My advice would be to not waste your time.

Still better than not doing it.

I still think you'll get filtered out. Even with VPN and browser tricks. Google are pretty smart. If they see suspicious activity in anyway, they err on the side of caution and don't charge the Advertiser. Even assuming you don't get filtered out, 3 clicks a day is going to be costing an Advertiser not very much. Especially in the context of all the genuine traffic a big advertiser might be getting - you'll be accounting for 0.00000001% of spend. My advice would be to not waste your time.

Thanks for the advice but I'll carry on anyway. For all of the following reasons:

1) It's not just me doing it, there's many people doing it. The effect is not from what I'm doing personally, but from the sum of our parts.

2) I'm doing it at work, so it's not a waste of my time at all. I have a great employer who doesn't mind what I do provided my job is done, which it always is. And yes I have the same VPN option on my phone as at home, and I also have a work VPN which I can use on the desktop, which is our company's own and nothing to do with any major VPN provider

3) It makes me feel better.

Google make their $40bn per year of revenue (or whatever the figure is) from exactly the paid advertising we're talking about.

It's in their interests to not be too thorough with the clickfraud filtering so they almost certainly won't pick up on the kind of tactics we're using.

Think about natural search engine behaviour - is it realistic for a person to click on a paid ad once or twice per day for a week or two? Of course it is if you're comparing football boots and you're thorough. Is it natural behaviour for someone to click on the same ad 20 times in 5 minutes? No

Thing is, he only owns 61% of SD so if we can get at them enough and have a material affect on their business and marketing then he'll be getting pressure from the other shareholders too.

That's the key, empty stadium is unrealistic unfortunately so this is the best approach.

With the social media stuff it's still a benefit but currently must be an annoyance.

The next step is to turn that annoyance into something more where it has a financial impact.

This all kicked off around 18th July....

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=99882.11450

And this has happened to the SD share price since, a share price which was previously going up....

SD_shareprice.jpg

Of course, maybe this is all coincidence, but I really don't think so. I am utterly convinced this is having an impact, it's the only notable thing which has happened to SD since 18th July which could explain this continued descent of the share price, unless someone would like to tell me otherwise? And Ashley will be 100% aware of the connection too. He'll wake up every single morning and the first thing he'll do is check the share prices.

I believe there's a connection between the 2, but what's way more important is that he'll believe there's a connection too and he'll be fucking furious. :lol:

Further to my share price post above, just think about this.

If there's a connection between the protests and the SD share price, and we can argue that all day but as I say I believe there is, but if there is then look at the numbers.

Before the protests kicked in, the SD share price was at a high of 436.10p.

Now it's at 385.95

That's a drop of 50.15p per share

There's 536.97 MILLION shares in issue

Mike Ashley, according to an earlier post which I don't doubt but haven't checked myself, owns 61% of them

This protest has therefore lowered Mike Ashley's wealth by £164m already.

If that's not incentive enough for people to get on board with this, nothing is.

And this has happened to the SD share price since, a share price which was previously going up....

SD_shareprice.jpg

Of course, maybe this is all coincidence, but I really don't think so. I am utterly convinced this is having an impact, it's the only notable thing which has happened to SD since 18th July which could explain this continued descent of the share price, unless someone would like to tell me otherwise? And Ashley will be 100% aware of the connection too. He'll wake up every single morning and the first thing he'll do is check the share prices.

I believe there's a connection between the 2, but what's way more important is that he'll believe there's a connection too and he'll be fucking furious. :lol:

Would you want to invest in a company that has an active revolt against it?

You'd think the share price would increase since the guy who essentially owns it has just bought another well known high street chain that he'll no doubt be filling with Donnay shite imminently

SD_shareprice.jpg

I believe there's a connection between the 2, but what's way more important is that he'll believe there's a connection too and he'll be fucking furious. [emoji38]

As much as I'd love this to be the case I think it's more down to the annual figures being released which showed a drop in profits.

As much as I'd love this to be the case I think it's more down to the annual figures being released which showed a drop in profits.

That probably accounts for the immediate dip, yes, but not what's happened since. Professional investors react quickly, they don't take over a month to decide on things. Anyone with large volumes invested in SD would have been waiting for the results to come out and would have made a decision in minutes, maybe hours. Certainly not sitting here into the back end of August.

What we've seen is a slow but sustained drop in price, which to me indicates that people are gradually losing confidence in the brand as the sustained pressure mounts.

Of course, maybe this is all coincidence, but I really don't think so. I am utterly convinced this is having an impact, it's the only notable thing which has happened to SD since 18th July which could explain this continued descent of the share price, unless someone would like to tell me otherwise?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-sports-direct-results/sports-direct-profit-dragged-down-by-debenhams-idUKKBN1K90MS

A few Newcastle fans protesting is not even going to be on the radar of prospective investors.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-sports-direct-results/sports-direct-profit-dragged-down-by-debenhams-idUKKBN1K90MS

A few Newcastle fans protesting is not even going to be on the radar of prospective investors.

I couldn't disagree more. The whole brand is becoming toxic, tainted. It will definitely be having an effect and any serious investor will check every aspect of a company before investing in it.

I couldn't disagree more. The whole brand is becoming toxic, tainted. It will definitely be having an effect and any serious investor will check every aspect of a company before investing in it.

From someone who works in the industry, I'm afraid it won't. Or at least it hasn't yet as it would have been reported on in the financials. The annual report and the Debenhams issue accounts for the recent share price drop.