Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

He's here forever.

Well he's going to have a fucking horrible time then.

Doesn't bother him he's sitting in Shire Brook counting his money with his fingers in his ears

No. The last filed accounts cover the year ended 30th June 2017, which takes in the Championship season.

The next accounts to 30th June 2018 do not need to be filed until the end of March 2019.

Ahh ok, so it'll be 2020 until we know what has happened to the money for this season?

He's here forever.

Well he's going to have a fucking horrible time then.

Doesn't bother him he's sitting in Shire Brook counting his money with his fingers in his ears

That's why we need to make every effort we can to reduce that money by as much as we possibly can, both by affecting his direct revenue from SD and by indirectly impacting him through his partnerships with everyone else.

Owning NUFC needs to become bad for him financially when he considers the bigger picture of all his businesses. That's the only way to get rid of him, and as we've already shown by stopping SD tweeting for a month in a very simple way and with very little effort, it's definitely achievable.

No. The last filed accounts cover the year ended 30th June 2017, which takes in the Championship season.

The next accounts to 30th June 2018 do not need to be filed until the end of March 2019.

Ahh ok, so it'll be 2020 until we know what has happened to the money for this season?

There'll be some more 'onerous provisions' or some bollocks to give the media a nice spin like 'NUFC wages £112m, highest ever in the championship' which they'll parrot at face value without doing their jobs.

Does it not reserve the stock for a certain amount of time meaning no one else can buy it?

Would it not be possible for a load of bots to continuously do so with most of the products on line.

I mentioned this a while ago but I don't think anything got done - Sports Direct do paid advertising in Google on a pay per click basis. Every time you click on their ads they pay an amount to Google, maybe £0.50-1.00. The advertiser sets a daily budget and the idea is that your advertising expenditure is significantly less than the sales you generate from the traffic.

Google guards against people just clicking on an ad multiple times but probably wouldn't do anything about 20,000 people clicking once. I don't think it would take long to stop SD from being able to advertise on Google and believe me, that will probably be their biggest online revenue driver. 

I'm happy to click one SD link per day through Google.

Guess it has to come up through a google search though, one they're paying for. Not just searching google for "Sports Direct" which will generate an organic, non-paid link.

Anyone got any search terms that bring links up which look artificially high? Post them in here, then we can all click them once per day. Hell, I've got a VPN with thousands of different servers and I get bored on evenings, I'm happy to do a good few.

I'm happy to click one SD link per day through Google.

Guess it has to come up through a google search though, one they're paying for. Not just searching google for "Sports Direct" which will generate an organic, non-paid link.

Anyone got any search terms that bring links up which look artificially high? Post them in here, then we can all click them once per day. Hell, I've got a VPN with thousands of different servers and I get bored on evenings, I'm happy to do a good few.

I just searched for sports clothing and they are 2nd

Just clicked and put a load of stuff in my bag just to be childish. If that really does reserve stock for a while we’d be better off each loading bags with some of his best sellers and try and get them to show unavailable. The £230 football boots I’ve put in ran out of stock at £25k.

I mentioned this a while ago but I don't think anything got done - Sports Direct do paid advertising in Google on a pay per click basis. Every time you click on their ads they pay an amount to Google, maybe £0.50-1.00. The advertiser sets a daily budget and the idea is that your advertising expenditure is significantly less than the sales you generate from the traffic.

Google guards against people just clicking on an ad multiple times but probably wouldn't do anything about 20,000 people clicking once. I don't think it would take long to stop SD from being able to advertise on Google and believe me, that will probably be their biggest online revenue driver.

Have you sent this info to the Magpie Group lot?

Pretty sure it was confirmed a few weeks ago that none of these things actually do anything.

The pay per click one will work until Google spots a pattern and stops charging per click, but that wouldn't kick in any time soon.

Google's clickfraud is mainly to stop competitors repeatedly clicking on each others' ads to cost them money.

Lots of random people clicking on different ads from the same advertiser is unlikely to be flagged.