Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty sure it was confirmed a few weeks ago that none of these things actually do anything.

Yeah doesn't work. You can test it - once you've put enough stock in your bag to take it to 'out of stock', open an incognito tab and try it again. It'll still let you put the same amount in so it's not reserving anything from other customers.

Pretty sure it was confirmed a few weeks ago that none of these things actually do anything.

Pay per click on ads works, at least. Not sure they'll care much though.

I'm sure the basket thing doesn't, though

Sports Direct assign a daily budget to their PPC campaigns. Once that budget is used up their ads stop showing until the next day.

If the budget is used up the in the morning for £0 revenue then that's it for the day, unless they add more budget.

The same will work if you click on any banner/remarketing ads as well. They are designed to generate revenue so if you click on them and buy nothing it's just wasted SD budget.

Go onto the sports direct website and then visit a few random websites - you'll probably be followed around by SD ads

Sold himself the Strawberry land off the club for £6m, sold it back to club for £50m despite saying the club will not use it.

What's that based on?

Going off the images on the last page which says he paid NUFC £6m for the land and the latest accounts where we have bought it/leases for £50m. Surprised no one is making a bigger deal of it.

I mentioned this a while ago but I don't think anything got done - Sports Direct do paid advertising in Google on a pay per click basis. Every time you click on their ads they pay an amount to Google, maybe £0.50-1.00. The advertiser sets a daily budget and the idea is that your advertising expenditure is significantly less than the sales you generate from the traffic.

Google guards against people just clicking on an ad multiple times but probably wouldn't do anything about 20,000 people clicking once. I don't think it would take long to stop SD from being able to advertise on Google and believe me, that will probably be their biggest online revenue driver.

Have you sent this info to the Magpie Group lot?

No, i was thinking of doing that but I don't know how to get in touch with them

I mentioned this a while ago but I don't think anything got done - Sports Direct do paid advertising in Google on a pay per click basis. Every time you click on their ads they pay an amount to Google, maybe £0.50-1.00. The advertiser sets a daily budget and the idea is that your advertising expenditure is significantly less than the sales you generate from the traffic.

Google guards against people just clicking on an ad multiple times but probably wouldn't do anything about 20,000 people clicking once. I don't think it would take long to stop SD from being able to advertise on Google and believe me, that will probably be their biggest online revenue driver.

They've got their social links and email address at the top of their website: https://twitter.com/TheMagpieGroup_, https://www.facebook.com/TheMagpieGroupNUFC or [email protected], take your pick.

They've got their social links and email address at the top of their website: https://twitter.com/TheMagpieGroup_, https://www.facebook.com/TheMagpieGroupNUFC or [email protected], take your pick.

Cheers. I'll drop them an email now

Guest firetotheworks

I'm curious about what their tactics are here. They must think sending out tweets with like 800 negative comments on it is still more valuable than no tweets at all. Weird.

Going off the images on the last page which says he paid NUFC £6m for the land and the latest accounts where we have bought it/leases for £50m. Surprised no one is making a bigger deal of it.

I can't see the images you're referring to (might be blocked) but I had a look at this a while back as the number was a bit unusual- it's on p 459 of this thread. Essentially, I don't think the £50m lease has anything to do with the Strawberry Place car park at all and more likely relates to the stadium.

I'm curious about what their tactics are here. They must think sending out tweets with like 800 negative comments on it is still more valuable than no tweets at all. Weird.

Weather it, 'it'll blow over' when they we see we keep posting. Well. fuck that.

or nobody with the authority or capability to see the situation is even employed.

Guest firetotheworks

or nobody with the authority or capability to see the situation is even employed.

There has to have been a new directive. They went from tweeting 5 times a day, to nothing for a month, to twice in two days.

There has to have been a new directive. They went from tweeting 5 times a day, to nothing for a month, to twice in two days.

oh aye, yr right- was just a lovely thought his penny pinching has left him short of fire fighters now trouble has come along.

Weather it, 'it'll blow over' when they we see we keep posting. Well. fuck that.

That’s my thoughts.

Comments don't really affect your social media presence directly too much, it's more when they get reported as news.

I don't think Sports Direct's followers will see the responses unless they visit the SD profile page, will they?

It must cause them some concern for them to stop in the first place.

Comments don't really affect your social media presence directly too much, it's more when they get reported as news.

I don't think Sports Direct's followers will see the responses unless they visit the SD profile page, will they?

It must cause them some concern for them to stop in the first place.

Sure, I’m not saying it’s easy, but it’s not easy to stop social media either.

The same sort of thing happens when you pay to promote social posts to people who aren’t your fans. A large proportion of them end up slagging you off :lol:

Sold himself the Strawberry land off the club for £6m, sold it back to club for £50m despite saying the club will not use it.

What's that based on?

I remember someone trying to mention it on talksport a few months ago and being instantly cut-off of by Adrian Durham who said the caller was about to commit slander.

What's that based on?

I remember someone trying to mention it on talksport a few months ago and being instantly cut-off of by Adrian Durham who said the caller was about to commit slander.

Not sure if it was over the same thing, but he's done it several times when people have pointed out facts about Ashley's reign.

Of course they'll still talk bollocks when it suits their agenda though

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the note in the accounts has just changed because of a change in the standards. It previously disclosed the annual cost, now it shows NPV of all future payments. Nothing to do with Strawberry Place (although that being quietly separated from the club is often overlooked); without looking any further I assume it's simply the lease on SJP.

Personally i think the reason we haven't been sold is because Ashley makes so much money from the world wide advertising via the Premier League. For all his we're for sale, he says that to try to keep the fans off his back, we're not for fucking sale imo, just his usual bullshit.