Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally i think the reason we haven't been sold is because Ashley makes so much money from the world wide advertising via the Premier League. For all his we're for sale, he says that to try to keep the fans off his back, we're not for fucking sale imo, just his usual bullshit.

100% we're not for sale, everything is outsourced to his tat empire and NUFC makes pennies on the pound, then there's the free advertising, he's living it large on our dime. Even if someone wanted to buy the club it wouldn't be all in for that £400m, I'd imagine he wants to sell the club with all his subsidiaries still taking the brunt of the commercial revenue, who in their right mind would buy into that??

Personally i think the reason we haven't been sold is because Ashley makes so much money from the world wide advertising via the Premier League. For all his we're for sale, he says that to try to keep the fans off his back, we're not for fucking sale imo, just his usual bullshit.

100% we're not for sale, everything is outsourced to his tat empire and NUFC makes pennies on the pound, then there's the free advertising, he's living it large on our dime. Even if someone wanted to buy the club it wouldn't be all in for that £400m, I'd imagine he wants to sell the club with all his subsidiaries still taking the brunt of the commercial revenue, who in their right mind would buy into that??

Bang on, not a soul unfortunately for us.

Bang on, not a soul unfortunately for us.

We need someone to come in and strong arm him but the money in the PL seems to be stagnating based on this year's figures vs the last deal. The other hope is that the money in the league bottoms out and Ashley's investment becomes less and less valuable, or when Rafa leaves we crash. As much as I don't want to see us fail sometimes you have to burn the old one down to build something new. I'd rather see SJP burn to ashes than have Ashley hollow it out for any longer.

Other than the usual failures being wheeled out to spout their lies though the tide is definitely turning against Ashley, like it did against Pardew towards the end, I hope we can collectively keep this pressure on as he's clearly starting to squirm, people say he doesn't care but if he didn't there wouldn't be so much pro-Ashley media forced in front of us.

Aye, i think the social media attacks and disruption on him and his cronies is getting to him, but more importantly them. His cronies getting targeted by association and not being able to use their social media, which a big thing nowadays, might help turn the tide. I fecking hope it does.

Aye, i think the social media attacks and disruption on him and his cronies is getting to him, but more importantly them. His cronies getting targeted by association and not being able to use their social media, which a big thing nowadays, might help turn the tide. I fecking hope it does.

Me too mate, I'm finding it impossible to enjoy Rafa's last season with us because of this leech so I'm quite happy helping with the relentless tirade of abuse heading his way and against anyone who stands on his side, I won't stop, I just hope the majority are in the same boat too.

Me too mate, I'm finding it impossible to enjoy Rafa's last season with us because of this leech so I'm quite happy helping with the relentless tirade of abuse heading his way and against anyone who stands on his side, I won't stop, I just hope the majority are in the same boat too.

Yeah Ashley just sucks the joy out of the thing we all love the most, and no way am i stopping the online sabotaging  :lol: I'm enjoying it too much.

I'm in this for the long haul, I've got plenty of free time and I'm both incredibly stubborn and incredibly patient. :lol:

I'm in this for the long haul, I've got plenty of free time and I'm both incredibly stubborn and incredibly patient. [emoji38]

Well that's 3 of us, have at it Ashley! [emoji23]

Going off the images on the last page which says he paid NUFC £6m for the land and the latest accounts where we have bought it/leases for £50m. Surprised no one is making a bigger deal of it.

I can't see the images you're referring to (might be blocked) but I had a look at this a while back as the number was a bit unusual- it's on p 459 of this thread. Essentially, I don't think the £50m lease has anything to do with the Strawberry Place car park at all and more likely relates to the stadium.

You can track the land down to the strawberry plaza site, not the stadium. Also the council owns the land the stadium sits upon and lease it to NUFC. The land cannot be leased to any other company or individual, so therefor it can’t be leased to Ashley and for him to lease it back to us. The money we have paid to for the lease is also to Ashley’s MASH holdings. Also I’m pretty sure the lease for SJP has already been paid or if not then it’s a nominal fee and is leased on a 99 year recurring lease, so the fee also does not add up.

Going off the images on the last page which says he paid NUFC £6m for the land and the latest accounts where we have bought it/leases for £50m. Surprised no one is making a bigger deal of it.

I can't see the images you're referring to (might be blocked) but I had a look at this a while back as the number was a bit unusual- it's on p 459 of this thread. Essentially, I don't think the £50m lease has anything to do with the Strawberry Place car park at all and more likely relates to the stadium.

You can track the land down to the strawberry plaza site, not the stadium. Also the council owns the land the stadium sits upon and lease it to NUFC. The land cannot be leased to any other company or individual, so therefor it can’t be leased to Ashley and for him to lease it back to us. The money we have paid to for the lease is also to Ashley’s MASH holdings. Also I’m pretty sure the lease for SJP has already been paid or if not then it’s a nominal fee and is leased on a 99 year recurring lease, so the fee also does not add up.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the note in the accounts has just changed because of a change in the standards. It previously disclosed the annual cost, now it shows NPV of all future payments. Nothing to do with Strawberry Place (although that being quietly separated from the club is often overlooked); without looking any further I assume it's simply the lease on SJP.

Not sure where you're getting it's paid to MASH from?

Also, from 06 (they then started presenting the 'annual commitment' of ~£700k, before having to revert to disclosing all of the future costs, which is what caused the initial confusion as it looked like the amount skyrocketed on first glance):

Uiuu1EX.png

This, definitely in this for the long haul......also trying to get as many people on board as I can.

Probably my last season there but I'm not going quietly.  :rant:

Did someone say a quid per click earlier? Howay. :lol:

It actually is, on average.

Really? That's absolutely crazy.

I’m not sure it works the way described earlier though. Google charge for ad-words. For example, if someone clicks on the word “kindle”, Amazon will pay a hell of an amount for that to link to them. Gambling sites pay hundreds for these per-click ad words. We’d need to know which adwords SD pay for before targeting them (is my understanding).

Guest taps01

So for example I just searched football boot on google and an advert came up for sports direct.  I’m guessing by clicking on this link it will cost sports direct a pound or whatever the going rate is?

So for example I just searched football boot on google and an advert came up for sports direct.  I’m guessing by clicking on this link it will cost sports direct a pound or whatever the going rate is?

Aye.

Football boots is the first thing that’s brought up an ad for me, though this is the first time I’m on mobile.

Probably costs them more for mobile users as well.

Sports redirect brings them up as a paid ad too.