Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did someone say a quid per click earlier? Howay. :lol:

It actually is, on average.

Really? That's absolutely crazy.

I’m not sure it works the way described earlier though. Google charge for ad-words. For example, if someone clicks on the word “kindle”, Amazon will pay a hell of an amount for that to link to them. Gambling sites pay hundreds for these per-click ad words. We’d need to know which adwords SD pay for before targeting them (is my understanding).

http://resources.shopwired.co.uk/articles/online-marketing/google-adwords

Google Adwords works on a 'pay per click' advertising model, which means that each time a visitor to Google Search is shown your advert and clicks on it, you pay Google an amount of money.

The amount that you pay for each click varies wildly depending on the keyword you are advertising under, from as little as 5p per click to as much as £50. It all depends on how many other people are advertising under the keyword you want to, and how much they are willing to pay per click.

If you do a search and SD appears as a promoted result, they paid. You have to click on the promoted result though, not any that appear as part of the normal results.

Would be nice to know which terms they pay most for. Guess it’s competitive general terms like ‘football kit’, ‘cheap sports gear’ and things like that. That info’s private though obviously. Just searching ‘Sports Direct’ will probably cost them less.

If you do a search and SD appears as a promoted result, they paid. You have to click on the promoted result though, not any that appear as part of the normal results.

Would be nice to know which terms they pay most for. Guess it’s competitive general terms like ‘football kit’, ‘cheap sports gear’ and things like that. That info’s private though obviously.

Makes no odds what the words are, SD will have paid the most to be at the top.

Only click the ads where SD are the number 1 result.

Also worth hitting his other cash cows.

SD

USC

Flannels

HOF.

What else is there ?

From what I remember from pay per click, it does matter what the terms are. If you want to cost him the most.

If a term is more competitive then they have to bid more to rank higher. That when other companies are also bidding.

Any click on an ad costs them obviously, I just mean for the biggest effect.

From what I remember from pay per click, it does matter what the terms are. If you want to cost him the most.

If a term is more competitive then they have to bid more to rank higher. That when other companies are also bidding.

Yeah thats spot on, but unless anybody knows the owner of that list then surely a Number 1 spot SD link will have cost the most to be there.  So there the ones to hit most.

Yeah thats spot on, but unless anybody knows the owner of that list then surely a Number 1 spot SD link will have cost the most to be there.  So there the ones to hit most.

Yep, just if he’s top for ‘football kit’ it cost him more than being top for ‘sports direct’.

We’re probably talking a few quid here so sorry we’re boring everyone :lol:

Yep, just if he’s top for ‘football kit’ it cost him more than being top for ‘sports direct’.

We’re probably talking a few quid here so sorry we’re boring everyone :lol:

It's a petty little way of getting at him, so about his level.

I seem to struggle to find many paid links. I never see one with 'AD' next to it, just the link with the image at the top of the results.

Do you need to stay on the page for a certain amount of time for it to properly register?

I seem to struggle to find many paid links. I never see one with 'AD' next to it, just the link with the image at the top of the results.

Do you need to stay on the page for a certain amount of time for it to properly register?

I think with the paid version of semrush.com you can export all the search terms used.  Then you could sort by the date they were used.  I know a couple lads who may have an account I’ll ask them this morning.

Guest reefatoon

Really fancying those rockport boat shoes, spurs top and psg training gear. Not sure though, have to keep going in to check them out.