Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Disappointed in Murphy more than anything. I haven't listened to it because I'm not falling for their business model, but I thought he'd improved recently. The big club thing doesn't bother me really, it's the deliberate attempt at winding people up with some arbitrary measure that's stupid, particularly as he's said the exact opposite in the past.

He said villa are as they have competed at the top of the pl even though there pl record has f*** all on ours when it comes to top 6 finishes. The moron

You have seen their honours list, right?

Don't need to. Villa aren't half the club nufc are even in our current guise

Disappointed in Murphy more than anything. I haven't listened to it because I'm not falling for their business model, but I thought he'd improved recently. The big club thing doesn't bother me really, it's the deliberate attempt at winding people up with some arbitrary measure that's stupid, particularly as he's said the exact opposite in the past.

He said villa are as they have competed at the top of the pl even though there pl record has f*** all on ours when it comes to top 6 finishes. The moron

The sort of utterly ridiculous statement that makes us all look like knackers.

Guest firetotheworks

The sort of utterly ridiculous statement that makes us all look like knackers.

Aye. Seeing it more and more as well.

This surely is a wind up isn't it?

There was a well documented argument on Soccer Saturday a few years ago regarding who is the bigger club, us or Villa, between Stelling and Paul Merson. Obviously Merson is thick as pig shit but Stellings case for us was far stronger than Mersons for Villa.

Certainly at this moment in time, despite Ashley we are bigger than some middle of the road championship club.

I my opinion the biggest clubs are the ones with the most supporters

Even that’s not an achievement though, it’s an accident of geography or due to glory hunters.

Could say similar about all clubs who play in the capital then.

Yeah, you could. The boasting about who has the most fans makes no sense.

Look lets be honest we aren't a big club in anything other than fanbase we have won absolutely nothing as a major honour for half a CENTURY so how anyone can say we are a big club is outrageous

We have the potential to be a huge club competing at the top echelon of European football with significant investment but at the moment we are just an also ran of English football a pretty insignificant one

The way I gauge it is do fans of other clubs in other countries think we are a big top club and the answer is no just like would we think the likes of Cologne or Dusseldorf or even Hamburg to an exten are a big club in Germany..no wouyld we think Betis,Deportivo,Bilbao are a big club in Spain..no or would we think Sampdoria,Genoa,Parma are in Italy...no

If Sky goes tits up and clubs are made to manage on commercial revenue and ticket sales some of the clubs in the top two divisions wouldnt last two minutes.

Bilbao are a huge club. 8 Spanish titles, 23 Spanish cups and a huge fanbase.

Sunderland have 6 English titles 2 Fa Cups and a big fanbase are they a huge club too???

They are a biggish club. Certainly the biggest in the 3rd Division by a mile. Nowhere near as big as Athletic Bilbao though. Can't believe anyone could say they aren't a big club. They literally tick every box in the argument.

Eh!? Why? They had to close parts of there ground the other season man. How many premier league top 6 finishes have they had compared to us? How many European games compared to us? Yeah they won stuff decades ago but so did we

Imagine a Geordie thinking villa are a bigger club than nufc  :lol:

Eh!? Why? They had to close parts of there ground the other season man. How many premier league top 6 finishes have they had compared to us? How many European games compared to us? Yeah they won stuff decades ago but so did we

Imagine a Geordie thinking villa are a bigger club than nufc  :lol:

European

European Cup: Winners (1): 1982

European Super Cup: Winners (1): 1982–83

Intertoto Cup: Winners (1): 2001

Domestic

League

Football League First Division:[A] Winners (7): 1894, 1896, 1897, 1899, 1900, 1910, 1981

Runners up (9): 1889, 1903, 1908, 1911, 1913, 1914, 1931, 1933, 1990

Premier League:[A] Runners up (1): 1993

Football League Second Division:[A] Winners (2): 1938, 1960

Runners up (2): 1975, 1988

Football League Third Division:[A] Winners (1): 1972

Cups

FA Cup* Winners (7): 1887, 1895, 1897, 1905, 1913, 1920, 1957

Runners up (4): 1892, 1924, 2000, 2015

Football League Cup: Winners (5): 1961, 1975, 1977, 1994, 1996

Runners up (3): 1963, 1971, 2010

FA Charity Shield Winners (1): 1981 (shared)

Runners up (3): 1910, 1957, 1972

Pretty significant honours list compared to ours

Most of it was over 30 year ago man. Time moves on. They can't touch nufc in any aspect in the last 25 years. A league cup aye but so has Swansea and boro but it dosent make them half the club Newcastle is

Villa man  :lol: dear me

Ours was 60 years ago not a domestic honour for 63 fucking years man and you say Villas was over 30...FFS and wed be cock a hoop if we won the league cup, id say 99% of the people on here have never seen us win nothing

Pray tell how are we a big club we had a purple patch which was fantastic between 94 and 2004 the rest we have been mediocre verging on shite for 60 odd years