Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Rafa going meant Ashley going I would take it in a heartbeat. Everything depends on Ashley going, so it trumps any other concern.

I asked this question two years ago and the majority (including yourself) said they'd rather Ashley stayed as long as Rafa did. God knows how they thought the last two years would go, other than exactly how they have.

If Rafa going meant Ashley going I would take it in a heartbeat. Everything depends on Ashley going, so it trumps any other concern.

I asked this question two years ago and the majority (including yourself) said they'd rather Ashley stayed as long as Rafa did. God knows how they thought the last two years would go, other than exactly how they have.

Everyone loves a 'told you so'.

I can't remember that TBH, but I guess it's because I thought since he had employed Rafa he'd give him a small amount of the money he needed to do the job. And obviously excited by our new world class manager. Sorry, you were right.

This is why I think Rafa should go sooner rather than later.  Get to the start of the January window, get screwed over by fat mike again and just quit then watch (hopefully) all hell break loose.  Just think the effect of Rafa leaving would have less of an effect (direct or indirect) on fcb if it happened in the summer.

I can't remember that TBH, but I guess it's because I thought since he had employed Rafa he'd give him a small amount of the money he needed to do the job. And obviously excited by our new world class manager. Sorry, you were right.

I don't think it's much of a badge of honour to say I was right about Mike Ashley in 2016. Just found it utterly bewildering that some people seemed to think Benitez would prompt Mike Ashley to have a personality change and start being anything other than a complete arsehole.

This is why I think Rafa should go sooner rather than later.  Get to the start of the January window, get screwed over by fat mike again and just quit then watch (hopefully) all hell break loose.  Just think the effect of Rafa leaving would have less of an effect (direct or indirect) on fcb if it happened in the summer.

If you mean grumbling on Twitter before giving him money to fill the stadium for the next game to shout at him then you're right, all hell will break loose.

I don't think it's much of a badge of honour to say I was right about Mike Ashley in 2016. Just found it utterly bewildering that some people seemed to think Benitez would prompt Mike Ashley to have a personality change and start being anything other than a complete arsehole.

I had a bit of faith because it was widely reported that during contract negotiations Rafa had insisted on certain stipulations being included. I guess we wrongly assumed that meant total control of incomings, outgoings and a specified budget.

Obviously Tubes' question was specifically would you choose Rafa leaving if it meant Ashley leaving for sure. The problem is it doesn't, not sure if that was a factor in the 2016 responses.

The reason I want (or maybe wanted) Rafa to stay is because I don't believe Ashley is going anywhere and I wanted to drag a tiny bit of enjoyment out of my club while I could. I definitely didn't anticipate just how hard Ashley would make it, I probably did believe he would allow a tiny bit of money to be spent.

He came at a time we’d just spent £80m and was the first ‘proper manager’ he’d appointed since Keegan. It was also probably the first time we sacked a manager at the correct moment rather than in the past.

Yeah that's as back then the popular line was " if Rafa is here then Ashley is doing things right"

To be fair, I was totally done with the club from 2014 but when Benitez came I went home and away again and was on the rafalution bandwagon, I really thought we would be back in Europe by 2019/20.

Also I think when I moved away down south in 2015 it made me love the club even more and look forward to home games as they were my trips back up home.

I don't know why amongst all that I suddenly forgot all about Ashley and what he's like. I was going to games up until the end of last season. It's taken this summers fiasco to make me realise again and go back the other way

Guest firetotheworks

Stuff like this always makes me shit myself and think that I might have chosen the more stupid decision at the time.

Stuff like this always makes me shit myself and think that I might have chosen the more stupid decision at the time.

It's Ian.....

"We had a gentleman's agreement with Tottenham that we wouldn't compete for the same players. We let Jonathan Woodgate go to Spurs on the basis that we would get Modric, but Mike didn't want to pay. In the end I told Daniel Levy that we had pulled out and that Tottenham should sign him."

That just sums up the Ashley years for me. On a par with Spurs on every aspect when he came to been a million miles away now

Guest firetotheworks

It's Ian.....

I don't follow.

I had a bit of faith because it was widely reported that during contract negotiations Rafa had insisted on certain stipulations being included. I guess we wrongly assumed that meant total control of incomings, outgoings and a specified budget.

That was my thinking definitely. I always assumed Ashley would never hire someone like Rafa for that very reason, if Rafa agreed a contract you assumed he would be given the same sort of backing McClaren was. To be fair there were a few dissenting voices who predicted he'd still find a way to fuck Rafa around for three years, I guess they've been proven right.

Ha ha ha! They’re rattled!

This has angered me so much I'm going to have to put a few more reviews on.

Yeah, he can keep getting them removed. But that's far more effort for him as an individual than it is for any of us as individuals to keep submitting them. It'll be like Sisyphus rolling that boulder up the hill, every time he gets near the top and thinks he's cleared Trustpilot, the boulder rolls back to the bottom and he has to start again. :lol:

I can, and will, do this forever.

If you mean grumbling on Twitter before giving him money to fill the stadium for the next game to shout at him then you're right, all hell will break loose.

That would be my fear.  I'm clinging on to the hope that when Rafa does go it will spark the walking dead in to some kind of action.....otherwise then might as well cease to exist as club...what would be the point.  Feck, I'm truly depressed now. 

Lovely badges etc and if i'd received them on the back of an ambitious summer transfer spending spree i'd appreciate it. As it is we're signing shite and loan players, sometimes shite loan players even while treating a potentially great manager like a mug. Thank you for your support? Thank us by trying to make a success of the club, or at least be the best it can be.