Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Hate how everyone mentions Bigg Market :lol: It's shite.

Every single direction I've ever given to the Bigg Market is "you're in it" usually followed by their face dropping. It's fucking awful like, always has been.

Guest firetotheworks

Disappointed in Murphy more than anything. I haven't listened to it because I'm not falling for their business model, but I thought he'd improved recently. The big club thing doesn't bother me really, it's the deliberate attempt at winding people up with some arbitrary measure that's stupid, particularly as he's said the exact opposite in the past.

To be fair the whole big club not a big club debate doesn’t bother me. They wouldn’t be debating it time and time again if there was no element of truth to it.

What gets me is the ‘nothing up there to do apart from watch the match’ is much more disrespectful.

Apparently Ashley bought the club because of a childish bet with Paul Kemsley and not to improve sports directs profile in Asia

I was told this a long time ago. A game of cards for forfeits, Ashley had the choice of us or Derby.

Lucky fucking Derby

Apparently Ashley bought the club because of a childish bet with Paul Kemsley and not to improve sports directs profile in Asia

I was told this a long time ago. A game of cards for forfeits, Ashley had the choice of us or Derby.

If this was true and he just bought us on a whim, then why didn't he sell when the Mansours were interested?

Disappointed in Murphy more than anything. I haven't listened to it because I'm not falling for their business model, but I thought he'd improved recently. The big club thing doesn't bother me really, it's the deliberate attempt at winding people up with some arbitrary measure that's stupid, particularly as he's said the exact opposite in the past.

He said villa are as they have competed at the top of the pl even though there pl record has fuck all on ours when it comes to top 6 finishes. The moron

Guest neesy111

If this was true and he just bought us on a whim, then why didn't he sell when the Mansours were interested?

Again that is a rumour.

To be fair the whole big club not a big club debate doesn’t bother me. They wouldn’t be debating it time and time again if there was no element of truth to it.

Yes they would, because football fans are tribal and it gets people to call in.

Admittedly I don't listen to that complete fraud of a show, but I doubt they have debates on whether or not Blackpool or Bristol City are big clubs.

He said villa are as they have competed at the top of the pl even though there pl record has f*** all on ours when it comes to top 6 finishes. The moron

You have seen their honours list, right?

Again that is a rumour.

Dubious source but it came from Simon Jordon on Talksport last night when he was talking about the Keegan situation and he said he knew for certain it was true.

I'm not sure if that Kelmsley bet story is accurate. Him and Karren Brady were (are?) close friends and she is quoted in her Sun column of the time saying something like 'He'd just sold his company for many billions and felt he could walk on water, buying Newcastle on a whim and without proper DD'.

I remember it clearly. Will try to dig it out.