Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I try to keep telling myself that it wouldn't have worked out the way it has with City, then I don't feel as bad.

You can tell yourself that like but you must know you're lying to yourself :(  There was never any chance of it not working, whether it was Man City or here.  They've continually throw more and more money at the situation until in the end it had to work, success was 100% inevitable.

You can't just buy big titles these days anyway. No matter how much money we got, we'd have to comply to FFP (in the beginning, at least) as well as compete with the likes of Man City, Chelsea, PSG, Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus for every single player we would want to sign. It would take a hell of a job for any manager and MD to get us to win the PL or CL even with the budget of a Man City these days.

You can never spend enough to guarantee that you'll win it every single year (even back in the Chelsea/Man City early days you couldn't do that).  But you can spend enough to make winning the title inevitable at some point.  Its still buying the title and we'd only have to very loosely comply with FFP.  In a situation like Man City's I'd be surprised if we didn't have a revenue of around £450m-£500m within a year.

Hopefully it really was this cunts last game as our owner, sells us before Man Utd, crowd gets behind the squad, we pick up a decent result, have a week and a half before our next league game to bring in some players.

No takeover and no new players. It's all another ruse.

Hopefully it really was this cunts last game as our owner, sells us before Man Utd, crowd gets behind the squad, we pick up a decent result, have a week and a half before our next league game to bring in some players.

No takeover and no new players. It's all another ruse.

Shut up man, ‘‘tis the season for believing.

i take it its £200m and then the debt to ashley on top of that. seems a decent offer.

It's apparently £200m with the other £100m only being paid if we make CL in the next decade. An EXCLUSIVE ERMAGERD with no source quotes from journalists I've never heard of, with nothing from the trusted NE journalists. The former are probably right, like. But still.

Shocker.

Genuine interest, value the club based on due diligence, bid what they think it's worth, fatty doesn't agree, deal off.

Basically what we have been going round in circles saying in this thread since he blurted it out the other week.