Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At least the Magpie Group and True Faith called off the boycott as we’ll definitely be spending this month.

It was called off because nobody bothered with the walk-in, and 45000 fans at SJP simply cannot be arsed to do anything against Ashley.

Nothing to do with the 'takeover'.

Even if 2000 people just didn’t turn up it’s going to make more of a difference than doing nothing at all.

The TF group specifically said they were no longer boycotting because they’d been made aware of the takeover by certain sources.

TF fanzine announced they were no longer backing a boycott for those reasons......The Magpie Group were left in awkard postion and followed suit......the reasons will come out in the wash eventually.

The fact is, the walk-in had poor numbers involved, and some of those who took action were actually abused. A failed takeover/fuck all spent in January will hopefully see bigger numbers when the protests resume.....although I wouldn't hold my breath.

At the end of the day, it shouldn't take a group to persuade people that the owner is taking the piss out of them.....cancel your direct debit and walk away. It really is that easy.

At least the Magpie Group and True Faith called off the boycott as we’ll definitely be spending this month.

It was called off because nobody bothered with the walk-in, and 45000 fans at SJP simply cannot be arsed to do anything against Ashley.

Even if 2000 people just didn’t turn up it’s going to make more of a difference than doing nothing at all.

The TF group specifically said they were no longer boycotting because they’d been made aware of the takeover by certain sources.

TF fanzine announced they were no longer backing a boycott for those reasons......The Magpie Group were left in awkard postion and followed suit......the reasons will come out in the wash eventually.

The fact is, the walk-in had poor numbers involved, and some of those who took action were actually abused. A failed takeover/fuck all spent in January will hopefully see bigger numbers when the protests resume.....although I wouldn't hold my breath.

At the end of the day, it shouldn't take a group to persuade people that the owner is taking the piss out of them.....cancel your direct debit and walk away. It really is that easy.

That's why it won't ever have the impact it should, the vast majority who turn up at the ground don't want to know. You are made to feel like you are the problem rather than Ashley.

The only good thing about these defeats is that he must be getting nervous. Relegation is the only thing which really hurts him, otherwise he isn't selling in a million years.

The fact is, the walk-in had poor numbers involved, and some of those who took action were actually abused. A failed takeover/f*** all spent in January will hopefully see bigger numbers when the protests resume.....although I wouldn't hold my breath.

At the end of the day, it shouldn't take a group to persuade people that the owner is taking the p*ss out of them.....cancel your direct debit and walk away. It really is that easy.

That's why it won't ever have the impact it should, the vast majority who turn up at the ground don't want to know. You are made to feel like you are the problem rather than Ashley.

The only good thing about these defeats is that he must be getting nervous. Relegation is the only thing which really hurts him, otherwise he isn't selling in a million years.

Not only is he a reluctant seller, I would imagine any buyer isn't going to take a punt while we're in such a precarious position.

Another incredibly depressing, yet completely avoidable Ashley fuck up.

Guest chopey

Rumours at the game, deal off (was it ever on ?) Rafa will be allowed to leave between now and the summer to pursue other opportunities, I didn't even bother to argue just shrugged my shoulders and walked off.

I get that people all have there own motivations for going to a home game but this has got to the point where for the most part, it just isn’t a fair contest anymore. If this were a series of boxing mismatches (the likes of we often see in the heavyweight division) people would see the con for what it is and just turn there back on it all. Sadly, in this anecdote, we’re the patsy, turning up with little or no chance of success unles we employ spoiling tactics and hope for one big punch.

He knows what this club means to the hundreds of thousands of people in the area so I can only imagine he must get of on it somehow, I genuinely cannot think of another reason why anyone would wilfully go out there way to make other people’s lives a misery for little or no real gain (relative to his personal wealth)

I for one would welcome Illness and, ultimately, death on the fat cunt

He's ripped the life out of the club, and the city. How this bloke can be a "fit and proper person" to run a football club, even at this point is an absolute joke. Everyone involved in allowing Mike Ashley to step into our football club without any protection for the club, or the club's people can fuck right off and hang their heads in shame. He's absolutely destroyed our reputation not just on home soil but throughout Europe, destroyed our hope, and even destroyed our ability to care anymore.

Newcastle under his ownership are the definition of a "zombie club", just simply existing to let him take every penny out of it. Sad times.

Rumours at the game, deal off (was it ever on ?) Rafa will be allowed to leave between now and the summer to pursue other opportunities, I didn't even bother to argue just shrugged my shoulders and walked off.

That really is the doomsday scenario (so probably true).

Given everything that's gone on at the club over the past 10 years, and our woeful squad and embarrassing home record, any other club would have 20-25% of their seats empty every week. Will that ever happen at SJP?

If he isn't backed in this window he should walk on the 31st.  I'd take going down if it makes people wake up and realise that Ashley is a lying parasitic leachy cunt

Didnt work the last 2 times.

Guest The Little Waster

Rafa leaving early , ie resigining will only give Ashley ammunition to blame Rafa if we go down ( i bet he has Bishop already preparing negative press coverage should Rafa walk before May )

Guest chopey

If he isn't backed in this window he should walk on the 31st.  I'd take going down if it makes people wake up and realise that Ashley is a lying parasitic leachy cunt

Didnt work the last 2 times.

Gates were down a lot the first time and only when we started winning did they improve and the second time we had Rafa with the promise he would have total control of the club.

Guest The Little Waster

Whatever happens enough of the 50 000 mugs are so dumb that Rafa leaving will create barely a ripple of discontent

Who the f*** would actually want to buy this s*** heap of a club?

The club stopped being relevant to anyone but us after SBR was hounded out.

You don’t actually believe this, do you?

His last three seasons.. 4th, 3rd, 5th

Ever since (minus the Championship seasons).. 14th, 7th, 13th, 12th, 18th, 12th, 5th, 16th, 10th, 15th, 18th, 10th

It’s an average placing of 13th for every year in the Premier League since SBR left.

What other club could consistently be total dogshit and yet still think we’re something special?