Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

News conference being arranged for 5pm.

Hopefully they bring the new war chest with them

Coming later by train as it couldn’t fit on the helicopter

As long as it doesn’t get knicked at a Greggs on the way

Not a chance. hard man, author and Geordie hero Steve Wraith is protecting it with his life.

How many days until the "Rafa offered new contract" story comes out, given the club another avenue of blame for why we couldn't sign any players with the uncertainty?

I'm assuming the takeover talk will finish in about 2 weeks and then the contract story until February?

Aye, we'll no doubt get a story about not wanting to panic buy or being held to ransom with it being late in the window and how securing Rafa was the clubs number one priority.

Have it on good authority that Kenyon was spotted heading northbound at Scotch Corner approximately 16 minutes ago.

There are millions of people that look like Kenyon.

Racist.

You're the racist for excluding ethnics from the 'people'. :)

Guest neesy111

Are the stories about Ashley taking a £50 million dividend out if the club in the summer true ?

It was told by Luke Edwards ashley took out more money than expected last summer.

Are the stories about Ashley taking a £50 million dividend out if the club in the summer true ?

I thought the reports were of a lower number, but I reckon he could have managed £50m based on our financials. If we stay up he could probably do the same again.

Guest neesy111

Why the f*** did Steve Howey come out with that then? He loses credibility.

Did you actually listen to what Steve Howey said?  He was just passing on information he had been told.

Ah, if we only knew at the time. We were all excited...

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=40533.0

Makes for horrible reading. Reading back my own reactions I was very cautious about Ashley from the off unlike some others who had had enough of Shepherd after years of mismanagement. I would probably be in the "anything has to be better than this" camp now though. Not that I believe a takeover will happen anytime soon. It boggles the mind how many times we as fans let Ashley get away with the same old shit before we take destiny in our own hands.

Makes for horrible reading. Reading back my own reactions I was very cautious about Ashley from the off unlike some others who had had enough of Shepherd after years of mismanagement. I would probably be in the "anything has to be better than this" camp now though. Not that I believe a takeover will happen anytime soon. It boggles the mind how many times we as fans let Ashley get away with the same old shit before we take destiny in our own hands.

page 14 has some interesting prophetic posts from Graeme H and ToonTastic

page 14 has some interesting prophetic posts from Graeme H and ToonTastic

They were bang on the money like, the killjoy twats. :(

VegasToon:

I love the negitivity already about this.

Look, Newcastle has always had the reputation of a "sleeping giant."  Who could argue that we don't have potential to become a major factor every year.  Our fans are second to none with support even though it seems like we get disappointed almost every year.  Newcastle is probably the 3rd most popular English Team in the world.  Yes I said the world, probably behind Arsenal and Man U. 

Ashley probably could make some money by keeping the status quo, but he is a very smart business man.  He would make a ton of more money by having Newcastle win trophies. 

So I personally don't care what his motivations are.  He will invest because he will want us to win.

Is this the big announcement?

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/magpies-announce-lner-partnership?fbclid=iwar2cntgisbqcx3rd1hsqjzrkosjbl8vyto-sc2qnwy7wtu66s2ppv0tcwlc

Newcastle United has welcomed train operator London North Eastern Railway - better known as LNER - as its new preferred travel partner.

As part of LNER’s support for the club, fans are being offered 25% off selected Advance fares on LNER routes using their official Newcastle United supporter number.

The discount is not restricted to matchdays, meaning it can be used at any time to explore the East Coast and destinations including Edinburgh, York and London.

To benefit from this discount, simply follow these easy steps:

Go to LNER.co.uk/NUFC25

Click ‘Book Now’ (don’t forget to read the Ts & Cs!)

Enter NUFC followed by your supporter number, without spaces, as the promo code.

Click NEXT and book your journey.

This offer is available for booking and travel up to 23rd May 2019.

Terms, conditions and exclusions apply and full information can be found at LNER.co.uk/NUFC25.